System giving creepy problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sam_1710

Youngling
Hey guys,
I'm runnin windows vista 32bit ultimate.. And from da last 5 days my system has started acting creepy.. :-(

Check Configuration in my siggy..

The problems :
1. (major problem) When i shutdown my system, the normal shutdown screens appear but finally when the screen shows "shutting down", a BSOD appears, with some message - "IRQL More or less" or something similar.. :-( i tried booting in safe mode and then shutting down, the same happens.
Then when booted in normal mode, it took more than 3 mins to boot!! :eek:mg: :eek:mg:
Then i got the error reporting service giving me a solution for the problem. "update motherboard bios".
I did it and still the problem existed.
Then the next time it gave a solution, "there was a problem with I/O .. Something related to random assess memory(ram)". I removed the ram modules and inserted them back, still the problems exist.. :-(

Then i selected the memory diagnostics tool present in the boot screen and performed the test, test finished but the results of the test never appeared after logging in (as mentioned in the test screen)

I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO NOW.. :-(

Note:i had formatted and re-installed windows only last month.

2. My internet connection (only in vista) also started giving problems.
Downloads through utorrent happen flawlessly, updates of softwares like adobe acrobat reader happen .. But only browsing web pages through browsers(opera, firefox, internet explorer, safari, chrome, maxthon) dont work, i.e when i hit say.."www.google.com" it says page cannot be displayed.. But when i ping for www.google.com it shows positive results..

Please help me guys..

Regards,
SaM

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
start->run "msconfig"
services tab
check "hide mixrosoft services"

post a screenshot of the window showing all non-microsoft services.

OP
sam_1710

sam_1710

Youngling
Here's a screenshot of all non microsoft services running..
*s3.supload.com/files/default/services_tab.JPG

And for the 2nd problem.. I solved it myself. My cousin bro told that he had tried updating the firmware of my Linksys WiFi router WRT54GC with the firmware file of WRT54G .. (not GC) .. So i resetted it and it started working.. :)

Please help me out with my first problem!! :?

Status
Not open for further replies.