System finally crashed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mario_pant

In the zone
hey.. remeber i was talking about a virus.... (swatkat... not blaming u)
well... i used the NTREG optimizer or whatever u told me and now.... my computer has blown up..... ahem... actually... when i was running the optimization.... i got the blue screen of death....
now when i try tp tart the windows it tells me that some file has corrupted.... then when i try to boot frm the windows disk and repair it asks me the admin password... i tried my user password.. that was the only user on my compter.... and it doesn't take it....
now what to do.... shud i reinstall windows on another folder in the same drive... wont it erase everthing else on my disk?...
PLease help me with something..... i want my computer back... sob... :(

swatkat

Technomancer
Admin Password is the password that you enter while installing Windows. Do you remember it?
Can you boot in SAFE mode? Press F8 just before Windows starts, and select Safe Mode.

tuxfan

Technomancer
You can use Knoppix to take a backup of your data. It is a live GNU/Linux distro. Just boot from the CD. No need to install anything.

After the backup, you can then go ahead and format the hard disk and go for a clean install of Windows.

But after everything is up and running in Windows, don't forget how a Linux distro helped you when Windows crashed ;) :)

T

Tux

tuxfan said:
You can use Knoppix to take a backup of your data. It is a live GNU/Linux distro. Just boot from the CD. No need to install anything.

After the backup, you can then go ahead and format the hard disk and go for a clean install of Windows.

But after everything is up and running in Windows, don't forget how a Linux distro helped you when Windows crashed ;) :)

THATS TRUE. And Microsoft says its illigal.

kb

Broken In
Hey you do have admin account and since you have created only one account that means your admin account is not altered S0 admin login is
"Administrator" without double quotes
and password is
"" without double quotes
yes nothing since you have not created not altered

khattam_

Fresh Stock Since 2005
Hey Mario..........

You can do this..............

Install XP in another Drive...........

When your computer is up and running, delete the Windows and program files folder from old drive.......

This should certainly help..........

tuxfan

Technomancer
Tux said:

What is illegal in this? Is taking backup of data illegal? :roll: Please explain and provide source if possible.

navjotjsingh

Wise Old Owl
tuxfan said:
Tux said:

What is illegal in this? Is taking backup of data illegal? :roll: Please explain and provide source if possible.

No, taking backups is not illegal.
Microsoft has recently stated that Linux violates many patents and Linux in itself is illegal.

pallavnawani

Broken In
navjotjsingh said:
No, taking backups is not illegal.
Microsoft has recently stated that Linux violates many patents and Linux in itself is illegal.

More Bull***t coming out of microsoft. I bet microsoft did not provide any proofs now, did they?

I never thought someone would believe silly microsoft propaganda.

Pallav

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!

There was an excellent discussion going on about this . Check this Link out . :D . Although it hasnt been active for the past few days :shock:

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=17880

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom