System Display goes off while booting

Status
Not open for further replies.

rajivnedungadi

In the zone
Hi

I have a system with the following config....

Intel 810E Board
1.2 GHz CPU
192 MB SD RAM
40 GB HDD
DVD-ROM
CD-RW

OS - Windows 98 and Windows 2003 Server

When I start the system, after the Starting Windows screen comes up, the display goes off but the HDD and the CPU lights are glowing and then I need to restart the computer a few times to get to Windows. What could be the problem?

DukeNukem

Come get Some
on which os 98 or server or both.

in case of win98

i think you recently have changed the display settings, or played a game which crashes your computer while getting fired.

try booting in safe mode and change the display settings. will work in this case.

in case of 2003 try booting "last known working condition"

OP
rajivnedungadi

rajivnedungadi

In the zone
DukeNukem said:
on which os 98 or server or both.

in case of win98

i think you recently have changed the display settings, or played a game which crashes your computer while getting fired.

try booting in safe mode and change the display settings. will work in this case.

in case of 2003 try booting "last known working condition"

HI

It happens on both the computers and in safe mode too. After 7-8 times it starts normally and I can work with it without any problem for 5 days (unless I reboot it again).

Last Known Good Config, also does not work.

THis also happens when I try to upgrade from Windows 98 to XP

black_hawk

Broken In
No Display

Hello Everyone,

I got stucked with my computer once but was not able to understand till date what went wrong.

Nearly about twelve days back I worked late night on my PC and the very next day when I logged it again it stucked.

There was no display. Monitor led was blinking, cabinet leds were on, cpu fan was spinning. No beeps (Display Onboard)

I replaced everything with other computer and everything was fine except mobo (motherboard)

1. PSU-Fine
2. RAM - Fine
3. Processor - Fine
4. HDD - Fine
5.CD/DVD - Fine
6. IDE Cables - Fine
7. Cooling Fans - Fine
8. CMOS Battery - Fine

I too change the CMOS battery with a new one. Reset the Jumpers too. But nothing helped me out.

At last I took the mobo to local techie and with a minute he got the display using CRO. He just put on the 'Ram, Processor & PSU'. I was looking at them from some distance but unable to comeup with the fact what they did.

Kindly help me out guys, what was the fault and what went wrong.

Thanx in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom