System crashes

Status
Not open for further replies.

redmanc

Broken In
Whenever I play a game(mostly in farcry 2), the system hangs for about 5 sec. it is followed by blue screen(somthing is written on it).
I use Cooler master 600w PSU.Vista 32 bit.It never happened on XP.
Do the power chord we get with PSU matters ?I'm using old power chord
What could be the problem ?

debsuvra

is NOT a PC/Mac
Whenever I play a game(mostly in farcry 2), the system hangs for about 5 sec. it is followed by blue screen(somthing is written on it).
I use Cooler master 600w PSU.Vista 32 bit.It never happened on XP.
Do the power chord we get with PSU matters ?I'm using old power chord
What could be the problem ?
Post the details on that blue screen appearing on your screen. For your information, that blue screen is called BSOD aka Blue Screen of Death, an infamous lock-up of windows when some serious problem happens to a PC.

I think this problem is because of using outdated Graphics Card drivers. What Graphic Card do you have? Please download and install the most recent driver installer from card manufacturer's original website and then try again to play the game.

OP
R

redmanc

Broken In
Something dumping physical memory is written on the bottom of the blue screen, when it reaches 100mb the PC restarts.Its hard to read the rest

Well, I'm using Palit HD4850 Graphics card and I'm on the latest Drivers. It even used to happen with old Drivers(the one which we get from the CD.)

I'm downloading Vista service pack 1 as we speak.

allmighty

Broken In
well if the system used to work fine on xp that probabaly mean there is something buggy in vista ....it could be driver of ur audio video ,or os itself or mybe the game to ....update and patch everything

debsuvra

is NOT a PC/Mac
Something dumping physical memory is written on the bottom of the blue screen, when it reaches 100mb the PC restarts.Its hard to read the rest

Well, I'm using Palit HD4850 Graphics card and I'm on the latest Drivers. It even used to happen with old Drivers(the one which we get from the CD.)

I'm downloading Vista service pack 1 as we speak.

The actual BSOD message is very important for troubleshooting and if you can't manage to read it, take a pic and post it here (don't attach it to this thread, instead use a image uploader like imageshack). BTW Windows SP1 is most recommended before trying anything else, install it and check if the problem persists.

debsuvra

is NOT a PC/Mac
blue happens mostly for faulty ram. Clean your ram slots and insert again. Or try with different ram modules.
BSOD is not something related only with faulty RAM modules, it mostly happens due to hardware problems and faulty drivers. So what we definitely need is a good look at the BSOD error report to check the actual problem.

debsuvra

is NOT a PC/Mac
It happened again couldn't read anything. changed the ram slots.
Do you have a Digital Camera or something like that, even a 2MP cellphone camera will suffice. Grab a pic of the BSOD and post here, if it's too fast for you to read.

OP
R

redmanc

Broken In
@red
does "atiKmdag.sys" appear on the BSOD?

what does aitkmdag.sys mean ?

Managed to get a pic-

*img243.imageshack.us/img243/7127/dsc00313qx1.jpg
*img243.imageshack.us/img243/dsc00313qx1.jpg/1/w1280.png

it is atiKmdag.sys
now what ????

*img376.imageshack.us/img376/3097/dsc00313jn6.jpg

Last edited:

debsuvra

is NOT a PC/Mac
^^^ What a 'EYE watering' picture, brings BSOD to eyes.

BTW your error regarding atikmdag.sys in related to faulty driver from Ati. I guess you are using latest 8.11 drivers and still this problem is not resolved. This is a known problem with Ati cards and Windows Vista and yet to be fixed officially. Somebody mentioned in the web that renaming that atikmdag.sys to anything else (like atikmdag.doc) should stop this problem. Try that.

@red
does "atiKmdag.sys" appear on the BSOD?
Well RMN, you suspected right. :)

RMN

In the zone
@red
try this out.
i too own a Palit HD4850 sonic along with a Cooler Master PCAR-600.
i had a problem where i use to get red patches and green dots which led to this same BSOD.
turned out that the power converter i got with my GFX card was faulty.i just flexed and bend it and now its fine...i finished COD4!:)
but before that try cleaning your drivers and re install it as debsuvra suggested.

best of luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom