SynTPEnh.exe problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

harmads

Journeyman
For the past three days, I have been getting a message during the "Shut Down" process which is :

"SynTPEnh.exe
This Program is preventing your computer from shutting down.
To close this program & shut down your computer click on the SHUT DOWN NOW"

I would appreciate someone explain to me what is happening.
Thanks

syntpenh.exe is a process installed alongside the Synaptics touchpad for laptop computer touchpads. Provides additional configurations and support, and is essential on some machines for the functioning of this input device. This program is a non-essential system process. Reinstall your touchpad drivers and see if it stops. Otherwise run a full registry scan via Registry mechanic and see it fixes any errors.

ramprasad

In the zone
Probably ur syntpenh.exe or its related files are corrupted..
Uninstall it from Device drivers and re-install it again...

If this driver is not present, u can still use the mouse area in ur laptop, but special features like horizontal/vertical scrolling will not be possible.

OP
H

harmads

Journeyman
syntpenh.exe is a process installed alongside the Synaptics touchpad for laptop computer touchpads. Provides additional configurations and support, and is essential on some machines for the functioning of this input device. This program is a non-essential system process. Reinstall your touchpad drivers and see if it stops. Otherwise run a full registry scan via Registry mechanic and see it fixes any errors.

Probably ur syntpenh.exe or its related files are corrupted..
Uninstall it from Device drivers and re-install it again...

If this driver is not present, u can still use the mouse area in ur laptop, but special features like horizontal/vertical scrolling will not be possible.

Thankyou both for your comments.
However I've done two things and the problem disappeared:
1. I ran SPYBOT and Norton antivirus. It removed some tracking cookies. The message has stopped coming, so, I presume the problem was because of some virus.
2. I also installed Uniblue Registry Booster. On scanning I found some 270 errors. Which I have not yet FIXED. Please comment on this if it is safe to do it and will not give any problem in operations.

Thanks

yes..it is safe. Registry tweakers in windows find broken & bad regitries. I suggest to remove them right away. I use Registry Mechanic(arguably one of the best app) to monitor my windows registry.

OP
H

harmads

Journeyman
This app. which got installed is not a free app. and its Fix feature will be on purchasing. So is there a good free app. for this job?

Thanks for your replies.

CA50

Cyborg Agent
For cleaning registry you can use Eusing Free registry cleaner, its a free one. Alternately install Tuneup Utilities 2010 (or any previous version), there you will find a utility "1 click mantainence" Use that any all you system errors will be ironed out.

tuneup is also paid however its trial version can be used for cleaning out bad registry entries ! same is the case with Registry Mechanic

CA50

Cyborg Agent
^^30 days trial then also the software doesn`t stop working, only it waits for seconds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom