SYnc OUT OF RANGE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saharika

In the zone
when the computer is started ,its scans and when it is completed the slashing screen of windows comes(win 98) when after that its says it is updating some thing
then the screen saver like things appears
which reads
"SYNC OUT OF RANGE"
what excatly is problem and how can it be solved .
Will be grate ful for the help.
Thanks
Saha

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
Your monitor's refresh rates are probably set too high. Right click the Desktop, select Properties>Settings>Advanced>Monitor and check "Hide modes that this monitor cannot display" and then check a safe 75Hz value and check it also. Also, if your monitor came with a set of drivers, try reinstalling those, along with your display drivers and also check if the monitor cable is plugged securely into the monitor port at the back of the case. Note that you might have to enter the Safe Mode (accessible by pressing F8 just before Windows starts booting) to to uninstall the older drivers effectively.

OP
S

Saharika

In the zone
enoonmai said:
Your monitor's refresh rates are probably set too high. Right click the Desktop, select Properties>Settings>Advanced>Monitor and check "Hide modes that this monitor cannot display" and then check a safe 75Hz value and check it also. Also, if your monitor came with a set of drivers, try reinstalling those, along with your display drivers and also check if the monitor cable is plugged securely into the monitor port at the back of the case. Note that you might have to enter the Safe Mode (accessible by pressing F8 just before Windows starts booting) to to uninstall the older drivers effectively.
thanks for prompt reply
well computer doesnot go to normal mode
means it doesnt show desktop or so
any way i thing that F8 things might work
then as you say i will try to uninstall old drivers andinstall new ones.
I can go to cmos set up can any thting be done for there,about that rates or so
any way really thanks was great help.
And hope now that it works.
Thanks for now
Saha

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
You cannot change your refresh rates and there's pretty much nothing you can do in the BIOS for this. First, double/triple check the connections to the monitor and the PC. Next, as soon as the computer begins to boot up and you hear the single beep, keep tapping the F8 key. You will be given a Startup Menu, from which you can select Safe Mode. Go into the safe mode and first, uninstall the older drivers (you can usually find the program in the Control Panel>Add/Remove Programs and it would be Nvidia/ATi/S3/SiS, etc. depending on your video card. Then go to the Device Manager, accessible by right clicking 'My Computer', selecting Properties>Hardware>Device Manager. (Properties>Device Manager in Windows 98/Me) Select Display Adapters and then click the + sign next to it to drop down and right click your display adapter and select Properties>Driver>Uninstall. Once you're done, restart the PC and this time, it will load the standard driver and then you can reinstall the display driver from the motherboard/video card CD.

OP
S

Saharika

In the zone
i entered in to safe mode and was able to remove the installed grahic driver.
The computer started but i have some problem now
first thing about that refresh rate
its has adapter default i think thats ok
is it so.
and nect thing when i un installed driver there were other drivers 2 drivers for monitors
but my monitor is of samsung so i just installed the samsung driver
the cd has three driver of which 2 are installed now
so do i need to install all
i have found that only 2 can be installed at once so what can i do

and next thing
in device manager zone
i could see
? Other devices
--? PCI System managemnt Bus
--? PCI uNIVERSAL Serial Bus
Is any thing wrong or any drivers missing.

In monitors there is no ?
its has
Magic SyncMater HM173(P)/EM173A(P)/FM173A(P)
AND samsung syncMater750(t)/750Ms

So is every thing right
any way thanks for help.I think i save some money.Really was great help.
So If there is any thing i need to do please include it
any way really thanks.
and what should be colors in that setting,now it is 16 bit but 256 colors is giving some gittery image.
any way thanks.
saha

krishnathelord

In the zone
enoonmai said:
You cannot change your refresh rates and there's pretty much nothing you can do in the BIOS for this. First, double/triple check the connections to the monitor and the PC. Next, as soon as the computer begins to boot up and you hear the single beep, keep tapping the F8 key. You will be given a Startup Menu, from which you can select Safe Mode. Go into the safe mode and first, uninstall the older drivers (you can usually find the program in the Control Panel>Add/Remove Programs and it would be Nvidia/ATi/S3/SiS, etc. depending on your video card. Then go to the Device Manager, accessible by right clicking 'My Computer', selecting Properties>Hardware>Device Manager. (Properties>Device Manager in Windows 98/Me) Select Display Adapters and then click the + sign next to it to drop down and right click your display adapter and select Properties>Driver>Uninstall. Once you're done, restart the PC and this time, it will load the standard driver and then you can reinstall the display driver from the motherboard/video card CD.
man u just screwed Saharika up
the basic problem was the she just changed either the fresh rate or the resolution which was not supported by the monitor

the remedy was
Code:
->boot ur comp in safe mode
->when it starts up right click on the desktop ot see the displayproperties
->under settings observe that the resolotion is set at 640x480
->just click it once and select ok
->u will be asked to restrart, select yes
->ur comp starts up with minimal refresh rate, resolution 640x480, 256 colour,
->change it to 800x600 or higer, and color as 32bit(hicolor)
->u may asked to whether to apply the setting without restarting 
->select yes
and celebrate u have do this 8) :lol:

Saharika :
and next thing
in device manager zone
i could see
? Other devices
u have a mother board which has usb 2 hub
u need ur mobo cd to install the driver
if u could give me the secs of ur mobo i can give the process to install that too

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
the basic problem was the she just changed either the fresh rate or the resolution which was not supported by the monitor

Hey, Einstein, take a real good look at what I said. That was my first suggestion. You think I am that big a fool that I dont know you cannot enter the Normal Mode with a "Sync Out of Range" error? :D

enoonmai said:
Your monitor's refresh rates are probably set too high. Right click the Desktop, select Properties>Settings>Advanced>Monitor and check "Hide modes that this monitor cannot display" and then check a safe 75Hz value and check it also.

I specifically told Saharika to check that first, before anything else. I said you cannot alter your refresh rates in BIOS. I said that if that doesn't work, you would have to reinstall your display driver. Please read before you post.

Saharika said:
is it so.
and nect thing when i un installed driver there were other drivers 2 drivers for monitors

and next thing
in device manager zone
i could see
? Other devices

its has

So is every thing right
any way really thanks.
and what should be colors in that setting,now it is 16 bit but 256 colors is giving some gittery image.
any way thanks.
saha

Now that you've uninstalled your display adapter, you would need to install your video card drivers. You can find them either on the Motherboard CD or if you have a separate video card, you will have a Video Card Driver CD for it. Just pop the CD in, and select "Install Display Driver" and then let the installation finish. It will fix everything from the 16-bit/256-colors problem to the refresh rates to everything else. You can safely skip the Monitor Installation for now. Just make sure you reinstall your video card drivers via the motherboard/videocard CD.

As for the Other Devices problem, it looks like your motherboard drivers aren't installed either. Just pop in your motherboard CD and follow the prompts to install the Motherboard Drivers and those will be solved too. If there is any problem or you need more help doing these, let us know.

try booting windows into safe mode and then adjusting the properties from there.
make sure to make it default and failsafe first...
1024*768*60Hz

Well if u cant change setting in safe mode,as i tried and didnt make it,
So You have to choose VGA mode from the menu that you'd normally choose Safe mode from. Then, you should be able to re-set the correct settings for your monitor, and then reboot just to be sure that they are saved.

krishnathelord

In the zone
enoonmai said:

Hey, Einstein, take a real good look at what I said. That was my first suggestion. You think I am that big a fool that I dont know you cannot enter the Normal Mode with a "Sync Out of Range" error? :D

enoonmai said:
Your monitor's refresh rates are probably set too high. Right click the Desktop, select Properties>Settings>Advanced>Monitor and check "Hide modes that this monitor cannot display" and then check a safe 75Hz value and check it also.

I specifically told Saharika to check that first, before anything else. I said you cannot alter your refresh rates in BIOS. I said that if that doesn't work, you would have to reinstall your display driver. Please read before you post.

Saharika said:
is it so.

and next thing
in device manager zone
i could see
? Other devices

its has

So is every thing right
any way really thanks.
any way thanks.
saha

Now that you've uninstalled your display adapter, you would need to install your video card drivers. You can find them either on the Motherboard CD or if you have a separate video card, you will have a Video Card Driver CD for it. Just pop the CD in, and select "Install Display Driver" and then let the installation finish. It will fix everything from the 16-bit/256-colors problem to the refresh rates to everything else. You can safely skip the Monitor Installation for now. Just make sure you reinstall your video card drivers via the motherboard/videocard CD.

As for the Other Devices problem, it looks like your motherboard drivers aren't installed either. Just pop in your motherboard CD and follow the prompts to install the Motherboard Drivers and those will be solved too. If there is any problem or you need more help doing these, let us know.

:lol:
hey i think u took it personally. I just meant by reading the post By Saharika i could guess the level of his/her comp knowhow.

u should have given the easiest way to handle the situation.
Rather what u did was u just tld her to go to bois, uninstall the driver ect.

:roll:

u should have conveyed the solution devoid of comp jargons and so on.

so pls dont take this on ur mind 8)

OP
S

Saharika

In the zone
i am little bit confused.
i entered in safe mode and uninstalled the monitor drives
than restarted it was working fine
now as u say that the mother board driver has not been installed ,the computer is working perfectly fine so where is the problem.
I have intel mother baord cd and when i open it ,it has some drivers whcih says that it is "installed " ,only abrocat reader and some other are not installed i dont think that is problem.

and next when i try to reinstall the driver searching it showa the path to modem cd and when i enter modem cd the computer says the files is not found though the searched files are thier in modem cd in one directoty.

and nect thing the computer is working perfectly in 16 bit mode and in hinger than 600x480 mode
in i do so 600x480 the computer images gets large and glittery.

so i think i need to install grahic driver is it so
so from wher can do that.
i didnt saw separate graphic card cd...

well may be last query if it doent work may be i need to hire a person.
any way as thier are many experts around here may be one good answer may work.
thanks for earlier answers.
saha

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Saharika said:
i am little bit confused.
i entered in safe mode and uninstalled the monitor drives
than restarted it was working fine
now as u say that the mother board driver has not been installed ,the computer is working perfectly fine so where is the problem.
I have intel mother baord cd and when i open it ,it has some drivers whcih says that it is "installed " ,only abrocat reader and some other are not installed i dont think that is problem.
Well saharika no need to get confsed out here the motherboard Cd has all the necessary drivers required for ur motherboard components like onboard graphics driver (Ur Video Display driver),Audio driver,Usb driver,Lan Drivers (if present) and so on.Hence if any of the motherboards components drivers are corrupted or missing only in that case will u need the Motherboard disc for thier retreival and nothing more :) The Adobe acrobat reader is just a bundled additional software with the Cd and can be installed if only u wish to install it.

Saharika said:
and next when i try to reinstall the driver searching it showa the path to modem cd and when i enter modem cd the computer says the files is not found though the searched files are thier in modem cd in one directoty.
Here's the tricky part now The Modem drivers have to be perfectly shown a path for the complete access of drivers.Try this when asked for drivers loaction on Modem,Browse to My Computer>E: Drive (or whichever is ur cd drive) click on the Drives icon just once so that its indicated in blue and then click on OK Tab and Then click on next button.Possibly it will scan the entire disc for drivers and find the suitable one and install it :)

Saharika said:
and nect thing the computer is working perfectly in 16 bit mode and in hinger than 600x480 mode
in i do so 600x480 the computer images gets large and glittery.
this is beacause lower reolutions mean the Expanding of Images on the desktop to be adjusted to the Monitors supporting resolution rate.If say u have a 15" monitor a 800x600 resolution would be perfect for fitting the screen anything larger than that would reduce the icon sizes and trying out beyond the monitors resolution support will result in "Sync out Of Range" message being displayed.Hence if u have a 17" monitor a 1024x768 resolution will do just fine :D

Saharika said:
so i think i need to install grahic driver is it so
so from wher can do that.
i didnt saw separate graphic card cd...
Well that depends on if u are using an onboard video display or u have a separate graphic card.Assuming u are using onboard Display(Motherboards onboard Video support) then the drivers will definetly be found in the motherboard Disc under then Drivers>Display Folder.

Saharika said:
well may be last query if it doent work may be i need to hire a person.
any way as thier are many experts around here may be one good answer may work.
Well definetly u can opt for that cause if nothing else works the local computing guru's can definetly pose a help :wink: I guess enoo can correct me here if i am wrong at some parts :D

Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom