Symbian S60 Woes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

~PunK~

Broken In
i own a nokia 6680. when i bot d mob a couple of years back evthin was wurkin fine. but now d hot swappable memory card function aint functionin. if i need 2 change d mem card i got2 switch off d cell wich is a tedious job. does ny1 knoe d reason? or mayb a format of d fon mem n change of os mit work? plese reply all s60 users!!!

shady_inc

Pee into the Wind...
What's the exact problem with your memory card.??If the fone is just not detecting it,it may have become corrupt.You don't need to switch off the fone to take out the mem. card in 6680.

OP
P

~PunK~

Broken In
first of all. thnk u!
but in all of ma frens 6680 d mem can b removed n changed while switched on ( hot swappable) n so is also mentioned in d manual. theres no such problem of corrupt card or nything. only thing is dat it fails 2 read ny other mem card aftr 1 has been removed n d mob is not switched off. once restarted evthin wurks f9.
once again thank u 4 ur reply.
i wud also like 2 know if changing d os will wurk? amean formattin ram n fon n getting s60 ver 6 on it.

Regards
~PunK~

pushkaraj

In the zone
@punk, first of all, you are posting in the wrong section, bro. There is a section in this forum by the name Mobile Monsters. All your queries regarding mobile devices will be entertained there.

As far as your question is concerned, i would suggest you to format your memory card and check if it is then possible to hot swap it.

alsiladka

Noobie Pro
You cannot upgrade the S60 version on any phone, the S60 OS is hardware dependant and is not upgradable.

You may be facing a virus problem or maybe due to some software installed, the phone is not able to make itself ready for the Mem card removal. I would suggest you scan the card for viruses on the computer, and try the Hot Swapping with any of your friends card.

You should also consider updating your phones software by visiting www.nokia.com/softwareupdater

If nothing works, take a backup off all your imp Data, not the softwares, just multimedia and contacs and sms. Format the Mem card using, and then format your phone using the code *#7370#

Pathik

Google Bot
wat error do u get wen u try to hot swap..?? Also try formatting ur fone.. And u cant change its os

OP
P

~PunK~

Broken In
hey pushkaraj, am sorry as i am new 2 dis forum...
nthin wurks as i maself own 3 mem cards n have tried a million times formatin..
now to pathiks query..
ders no error neither ny message shown as in my n70 wen i open d mem card door it shows cloasing all apps. dis mesg DOES NOT APPEAR on my 6680.
wat i meant by change of os is updating its version

THANX 2 ALL O'U 2 TAKE TYM N PROVIDE A SOLUTION!!!!
regrd
~PunK~

shady_inc

Pee into the Wind...
U can most certainly upgrade ur firmware version.Just visit the link alsiladka
provided.U NEED TO HAVE MORE THAN 512 MB RAM IN UR PC FOR THAT!!!
But I don't think that will help u much with ur mem. card woes.

You can try formatting the card and then hard-formatting the fone.You can do switching off your fone,as the fone powers on keep the "green call key"+ "*" + "3" pressed at same time.this will restore your fone to original settings.DO IT AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!

pushkaraj

In the zone
~PunK~ said:
hey pushkaraj, am sorry as i am new 2 dis forum...
No problem, mate.

~PunK~ said:
nthin wurks as i maself own 3 mem cards n have tried a million times formatin..
ders no error neither ny message shown as in my n70 wen i open d mem card door it shows cloasing all apps. dis mesg DOES NOT APPEAR on my 6680.
Then the problem is certainly with your phone. Just as others said, try formattin the phone after backup of important data and c if the problem gets solved.

OP
P

~PunK~

Broken In
thanx a ton!! i've tried all d above mentioned solutions buh nthin seems 2 cleick!! nywayz i guess ill have 2 keep on switchin on n off weneva i wanna remove the card. lolz...
nywayz i earnestly thnk u ppl 4 ur efforts 2 help me!
REGARDS
~Peace Out~
~PunK~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom