Surfing net using Airtel Live.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pathik

Google Bot
in general its faster... but depends on gprs ntwk/speed in ur area... on ur fone, type of conn etc...

Crazy Kidd said:
You need a PC or a Laptop and the required connectivity tools, i.e. Serial/USB cable OR Infrared Device OR Bluetooth dongle

1) Activate Airtel Live! ( It's FREE so no probs).

2) Create TWO Airtel gprs data accounts (yes TWO) and select the FIRST as the active profile.

3) Connect your mobile to the PC (or Laptop) and install the driver for your mobile's modem.

4) Create a new dial-up connection using the NEW CONNECTION WIZARD as follows :

Connecting Device : Your mobile's modem
ISP Name : Airtel (or anything you like)
Phone Number : *99***2#
Username and Password : blank

5) Configure your browser and download manager to use the proxy 100.1.200.99 and port 8080.( My advice is to use Opera since you can browse both wap and regular websites)

6) Connect to the dial-up account. You will be connected at 115.2 kbps (but remember, that is a bad joke).

7) Pick up your mobile and try to access any site. You will get "Access Denied..."(except for Airtel Live!). IT DOES NOT MATTER. Keep the mobile down.

8 ) On the PC ( or Laptop) open your browser, enter any address, press ENTER and.......WAIT

9) After a few seconds the page will start to load and you have the WHOLE internet at your disposal.

The Settings on Sony Ericcson K700i Mobile

Under DATA COMM
~~~~~~~~~~~~
APN : airtelfun.com

USERNAME : blank

PASSWORD : blank

PASS REQ : OFF

ALLOW CALLS : AUTOMATIC

IPADDRESS :

DNSADDRESS :

DATA COMP : OFF

HEADER COMP : OFF

Under INTERNET PROFILES
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
INTERNET MODE : HTTP or WAP (both worked for me)

USE PROXY : YES

IP ADDRESS : 100.1.200.99

PORT : 8080

USERNAME :

PASSWORD :

I tried all the above procedure, but my connection is terminated when Registering my computer on the internet.....what's the probe...????i tried all other altenatives like reinstalling bluetooth drivers, updated them, changed airtel live settings as default in my nokia 66oo, reinstalled bluesolleil 1.6,

i guess in the modem properties of Control pannel-> Phone & modems->Bluetooth DUN Connection->properties->in the advance menu-> Extra initialiazation commands we need to write the code for airtel mobile office.
plz help....

Ishan

In the zone
I think when anything is stopped downloading or finished downloading....then it might be getting disconnected.!

official

In the zone
Is it not Illegeal.If they Know Whatt can they do because airtellive if free service not meant for using net on computer.I have both mobile office and airtel live activated.As the mobile office rental has decreased i want to deactivate it and start with airtel live.Wont it be a crime.

OP
Crazy Kidd

Crazy Kidd

In the zone
It is faster than normal dial up. But if you can spend 99 per month and activte Airtel wap then you can surf more easily.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
guys i am not able to connect ..... irt says dialing the number and then says conx attempt failed modem on remote device not working

i dont know whats the problem i have paired my fone with my pc i am ufrak and also transferring files without any hassles .... i hav billionton class 1 bt dongle

official

In the zone
Use Extara initialization command on modem properties. AT+CGDCONT=,,"airtelfun.com"<cr>

Last edited:

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
it still gives the same error ..... but now it connects to the phone .... but while dialing the same error comes .... it says dialling and then gives the error

Pathik

Google Bot
try tools>settings>conn>gprs>access pt>and enter airtelfun.com there......
btw hav u installed the bt drivers.... don u hav a dialup option ther???

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
ok here's the deal ..... i hav 2 apns as said 1 is airtel live and the other is airtel live (1) .... i open opera in fone and connect no page is shown ..... when i select dial up from the system tray icon and choose dial up .... it opens the dialler and when i press dial .... it says dialing then itsays error 777

REY619

Ambassador of Buzz
When i connect the phone to the pc and then dial the number *99***1#, it says registering your computer in the network, then gives Error 734:The PPP link control protocol was terminated.
Any ideas??

Last edited:

panacea_amc

CBZ is better than Pulsar
guys, i am preety hell confused>>>>>>

what is the diff between Airtel Live , Mo, NOP???

customer care people say that airtel live is free but they will charge me for downloading contents, ....now if i use Airtel live for dwnloading freely available products in net in MY PC will airtel guys charge me now???

Can NOP be used in computer with some modifications???

please help me!!

Pathik

Google Bot
Airtel Live is free but u can access only the airtel live site and get charged if u download content from there...
NOP is 2rs/day uses proxies, but u can access all sites from cell only (officially :D )
MO is rs 7/day and u can access all sites, proxy free, can also connect it to pc..

panacea_amc

CBZ is better than Pulsar
pathiks brother,

tell me this:
1. in the procedure mentioned in this thread to use airtel live in pc, will i get charged for downloading free contents in my pc...
2. how 2 use NOP in the Pc??? (unofficially)...

thanks!

Pathik

Google Bot
1. Nope... but that method has been banned long back...
2. U ll have to use proxies in ur browsers... it used to work before but dont know if it works now...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom