Surfing net using Airtel Live.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crazy Kidd

In the zone
You need a PC or a Laptop and the required connectivity tools, i.e. Serial/USB cable OR Infrared Device OR Bluetooth dongle

1) Activate Airtel Live! ( It's FREE so no probs).

2) Create TWO Airtel gprs data accounts (yes TWO) and select the FIRST as the active profile.

3) Connect your mobile to the PC (or Laptop) and install the driver for your mobile's modem.

4) Create a new dial-up connection using the NEW CONNECTION WIZARD as follows :

Connecting Device : Your mobile's modem
ISP Name : Airtel (or anything you like)
Phone Number : *99***2#
Username and Password : blank

5) Configure your browser and download manager to use the proxy 100.1.200.99 and port 8080.( My advice is to use Opera since you can browse both wap and regular websites)

6) Connect to the dial-up account. You will be connected at 115.2 kbps (but remember, that is a bad joke).

7) Pick up your mobile and try to access any site. You will get "Access Denied..."(except for Airtel Live!). IT DOES NOT MATTER. Keep the mobile down.

8 ) On the PC ( or Laptop) open your browser, enter any address, press ENTER and.......WAIT

9) After a few seconds the page will start to load and you have the WHOLE internet at your disposal.

The Settings on Sony Ericcson K700i Mobile

Under DATA COMM
~~~~~~~~~~~~
APN : airtelfun.com

USERNAME : blank

PASSWORD : blank

PASS REQ : OFF

ALLOW CALLS : AUTOMATIC

IPADDRESS :

DNSADDRESS :

DATA COMP : OFF

HEADER COMP : OFF

Under INTERNET PROFILES
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
INTERNET MODE : HTTP or WAP (both worked for me)

USE PROXY : YES

IP ADDRESS : 100.1.200.99

PORT : 8080

USERNAME :

PASSWORD :

Source... sigh!

Last edited by a moderator:

abhis_8086

Right off the assembly line
in my mob i can see only airtel live, but really! can i see all the pages when I connect airtel live to the pc?

Akshay

Cyborg Agent
This is 3rd thread with same topic. Refer to threads by afterlife... The contents and procedure is the same except for the phone no.

Akshay

Cyborg Agent
@dipen01

coz dats what airtel can provide at the moment 115.2kbps... not more than that...

panacea_amc

CBZ is better than Pulsar
hey that's fine....but i don't think the airtel peopl r such fools...i recommend u to check ur month's itemised bill and detailed billing after such use....

steelwin

Broken In
i tried it ,its nice it getz connected but! it disconnected in the next 2 minutes what will be the reason ? is there any more settings to remove the timer to disconnect the connection.

Akshay

Cyborg Agent
@panacea
I had called up airtel to confirm d same n dey wer adamant dat such thing can nevr happn... so b**** to them

@steelwin
I dont get discnnctd unless I myself discnnt. Chk if u r receiving calls/sms at dat time. It gets discnnctd for dat much duration

Pathik

Google Bot
@dipen 115.2 is the max BT conn speed..

and this is a year old trick...

Last edited:

Pathik

Google Bot
@dipen,akshay.... if u connect using BT u cant get more than 115.2 kbps cos its the max BT conn speed... whether u r using edge or 3g....
if u use a datacable then u ll get more speeds than that...
and 115.2 kbps is also a great speed..

Dipen01

Youngling
Ill prefer data cable den...but...damn mine is USB 1.0...am scrwed either ways...

anyways..i know it wont affect much..;)

Pathik

Google Bot
yup it wont affect much... cos usb transfer speeds r neday more than net speeds...

Last edited:

blu_6779

Broken In
Check out the latest posts in this thread on how to tweak your airtel live settings for better speed:

*www.esato.com/board/viewtopic.php?topic=111345

Dipen01

Youngling
btw...what would be process for using NEt thru W810i on PC...i hav already activated GPRS.. how do i configure...??

Pathik

Google Bot
so u tuk it.... jus act ur MO... switch on BT... create a new BT DUN conn selecting ur BT DUN MODEM and connect..... no- *99#

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom