Sun's new virtualization manager supports Windows, Linux

Status
Not open for further replies.

CadCrazy

in search of myself
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica] SAN FRANCISCO--Sun Microsystems, joining a growing group of companies that are building their own virtualization software, has launched a new virtualization and management platform designed for the data center of the future.

Sun's xVM is a Solaris-based version of XenSource's Linux-based, open-source hypervisor. The new software package, introduced by CEO Jonathan Schwartz in an OpenWorld keynote address on Nov. 14 and previewed to the press last month, comprises Sun's virtualization hypervisor, xVM Server and a virtualization management tool, Sun xVM Ops Centre.

xVM can virtualize and manage mixed environments running platform software from the Java, OpenSolaris and Linux software communities, along with Microsoft Windows and across Hewlett-Packard, Dell, IBM and Sun hardware. The entire package will be released to the open-source community, Schwartz said.

xVM, which stands for "the intersection of virtualization and management," is designed to allow x86 servers to run multiple operating systems simultaneously on a single computer, enabling increased flexibility and data center efficiency for IT administrators.

Oracle, Microsoft and several other big-name IT companies have come forward in the last few months with their own virtualization products.

Source
[/FONT]

Gigacore

Dreamweaver
Oh man.. u r just like a news reporter in the forum.. giving us all the good news...

Thanks for the info anyway

OP
CadCrazy

CadCrazy

in search of myself
^^ Thanks buddy.
I just paste the news in the digit forum and then read it :D :D
Isse tum logo ka bhi benefit ho jata hai :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom