suggestions on extending PC storage

zafar khan

Broken In
I want to extend my storage, should i buy 1tb internal HDD or external HDD ?
And which one has more life and better performance ?
I was considering WD blue 1tb internal.
Suggestions please.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
The answer would depend on how much storage you have already. And are you buying storage for Archival or to extend current storage.
External HDD are not meant to be used as an extension of the PS storage, rather to archive the stuff you don't want to keep in PC.
If you just want to extend internal storage then internal hdd would serve well since it have a better performance.

OP
Z

zafar khan

Broken In
The answer would depend on how much storage you have already. And are you buying storage for Archival or to extend current storage.
External HDD are not meant to be used as an extension of the PS storage, rather to archive the stuff you don't want to keep in PC.
If you just want to extend internal storage then internal hdd would serve well since it have a better performance.
Currently I have WD 320gb internal which is almost full,and I need storage for both purposes like i want to archieve or save my files like photos and other stuff also to download new stuff
Dats y m confused

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
I guess 320 GB should be enough to keep atleast 3 OSes. So external HDD is what you should buy. And keep it disconnected at all times, unless you have to transfer data to and fro.

Top Bottom