Suggestions for PC Components

OP
Pein

Pein

druken n done...!!
hey guys,

a quick question is there
1.that much of a real difference between gigabyte b85m-d3h- rs 5789 and Gigabyte GA-H97M-D3H-rs 7175..my pc guy is saying gigabyte has better help service and warranty.

2.which has better cooling zotac gtx 970 or asus gtx 970, N i read in reviews that asus has 3.5 gb vram not 4 gb..

3.and i checked all the components on pcpartpicker everything is fine except my cabinet.it says that my cabinet has usb 2.0 not 3.0..now that creates a problem for me,cuz i don't want to buy a new cabinet.i bought cooler master elite 311 in 2014 and i don't want to buy another one this soon,spend money on cabinet.i m worried will my usb 2.0 work with new motherboard.if not can i change the usb ports of front panel.did some searching and found out maybe it could be done by usb headers.

[ Upgrading USB 2.0 to 3.0 port? - Power Supplies - Components ]

[ How to Install Front USB 3.0 connections or Add Front USB 3.0- Directron ]

plz help me with this ..is this possible

also gave my list to pc guy to check prices and warranty of products..

Last edited:

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
hey guys,

a quick question is there
1.that much of a real difference between gigabyte b85m-d3h- rs 5789 and Gigabyte GA-H97M-D3H-rs 7175..my pc guy is saying gigabyte has better help service and warranty.

2.which has better cooling zotac gtx 970 or asus gtx 970, N i read in reviews that asus has 3.5 gb vram not 4 gb..

3.and i checked all the components on pcpartpicker everything is fine except my cabinet.it says that my cabinet has usb 2.0 not 3.0..now that creates a problem for me,cuz i don't want to buy a new cabinet.i bought cooler master elite 311 in 2014 and i don't want to buy another one this soon,spend money on cabinet.i m worried will my usb 2.0 work with new motherboard.if not can i change the usb ports of front panel.did some searching and found out maybe it could be done by usb headers.

[ Upgrading USB 2.0 to 3.0 port? - Power Supplies - Components ]

[ How to Install Front USB 3.0 connections or Add Front USB 3.0- Directron ]

plz help me with this ..is this possible

also gave my list to pc guy to check prices and warranty of products..

Get the following config instead:

Processor -Intel Xeon E3 1246 v3 -20000,

Motherboard -Gigabyte GA-H97M-D3H -7200,

Memory -Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB(4GBx2) 1600MHz -10000,

Graphics Card -Asus Strix GTX960 2GB -17000,

Cabinet -Corsair 230T -6700,

Internal Storage -WD Caviar RED 2TB -7300,

TOTAL -68,200.

Going with a new cabinet is your best bet because it is compatible with the modern motherboards of today.Ok.

1. Go with Gigabyte GA-H97M-D3H -7200,
2. Any GTX 970 GPU has/uses only 3.5GB vram not full 4GB vram so going with GTX 960 is your best option,
3.Yes there is an option called USB 3.0 Front Panel like this:Buy Online Vantec UGT-IH203 2-Port USB 3.0 Front Panel in India

OP
Pein

Pein

druken n done...!!
@ bssunil
WHAT NO I DIDN'T MIND THAT IT ONLY HAD 3.5 VRAM,I WAS ONLY STATING A FACT.WHAT I WAS ASKING IS WHICH HAS BETTER COOLING ZOTAC OR ASUS..CUZ ITS SUMMER TIME AND IN DELHI IT FEELS LIKE I M MELTING LIKE ICE.

SO THIS [ Vantec UGT-IH203 2-Port USB 3.0 Front Panel ] I CAN INSTALL IT IN COOLER MASTER ELITE 311 CABINET..

I ALSO FOUND THESE

[ 50cm 2020 Pin Header Cable to USB 3.0 Type A Female PCI: Amazon.in: Electronics ]

[ USB 3.0 2-Port 20pin Header 3.5Floppy Bay Front Panel: Amazon.in: Electronics ]

Intel Xeon E3 1246 v3 YA ITS IN MY LIST THAT I GAVE TO PC GUY..

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
:facepalm:
Don't recommend GTX 960 for that budget. Also 16 GB is too much for now. Buying a single 8 GB stick would be better and if needed, another 8 GB stick can be purchased later.

OP
Pein

Pein

druken n done...!!
HEY GUYS,

sorry for the time gap.i was out of delhi.

i have given order of the these.will post pics n prices when i get these

Processor-i7 4790---------------------------------------------------------20900 rs
Motherboard-gigabyte ga-h97m-d3h-------------------------------------7100 rs
Memory- { 2 * 8 gb=16gb }Kingston HyperX DDR3 8 GB 1866 MHz--4300 rs+4300 rs[8gb+8gb=16gb]
Graphics Card-Zotac GTX 970 4GB DDR5--------------------------------26800 rs
hdd wd blue 1 tb-----------------------------------------------------------4825 rs

total--------------------------------------------------------------------------68225 rs

ordered these games on flipkart.costed me around 12000.well will post pics
The Witcher 3 : Wild Hunt,Batman Arkham Knight,Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Blacklist,Assassin's Creed: Unity,Grand Theft Auto V,Call Of Duty : Advanced Warfare

Attachments

• 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 124
Last edited:

bikramjitkar

In the zone
well not a bad idea but my cousin already has a ps4 and x bone.the thing is i m more comfortable playing games on pc[mods,cheats,trainers].i just can't or not able to play with a controller.
and the reason for me upgrading pc and spending 70k for it is my dad.+the 10k is from me if its necessary..he is kind of a person who always says if u want to buy something
then earn money yourself or get a part-time job to a 17 yr boy.i mean he is a kinda rich with a good salary but still he acts like [ i don't know the right word for it [jerk, _ick]..its frustrating. 2 days earlier he bought a fish tank 20k for no good reason and was going to give 50k to some distant cousin of mine just so he can get admission in some fancy cricket coaching.i mean c'mon i m his son but he treats me like i m adopted.well after this i asked him for pc upgrade and out of no where he agreed talked to the pc guy.came up with the budget of 70k
its not every day that my father agrees with me so i said to myself go for it..

sorry.sorry for getting of topic but its just it was all in my head:cry:.feels good getting it out:razz:

thanks ..

Well (speaking from experience), by the time you're old enough to earn enough cash to burn on a gaming PC, you neither have the time nor energy left to actually play any games. That's when you start wasting money on stupid stuff like fishtanks. :p

OP
Pein

Pein

druken n done...!!
Processor-i7 4790---------------------------------------------------------20900 rs
Motherboard-gigabyte ga-h97m-d3h-------------------------------------7100 rs
Memory- { 2 * 8 gb=16gb }Kingston HyperX DDR3 8 GB 1866 MHz--4300 rs+4300 rs[8gb+8gb=16gb]
Graphics Card-Zotac GTX 970 4GB DDR5--------------------------------26800 rs
hdd wd blue 1 tb-----------------------------------------------------------4825 rs

total--------------------------------------------------------------------------68225 rs

pic
View attachment 15396

thank you for your support and suggestions guys..

playing cod

Top Bottom