Suggestions for INR 1 - 1.2 Lakh Gaming Rig

eashwarramu

Right off the assembly line
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: The main purpose is for Gaming and to an extent data analytics. Games like FIFA 16, COD, GTA, Shadow of Mordor.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans:1 to 1.2 Lakh - probably extend upto 1.3 Lakh.

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans:Hopefully No.

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Win 10 Pro

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans:2 TB + 128 GB SSD for OS

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: I am planning to hook up my LG TV to the CPU. It is a 49 inch LED.

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans:Monitor, Keyboard, Mouse, UPS - Plan on re-using these.

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: Within June 2016.

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: Done by an assembler

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Local. Chennai. Would be open to suggestions for shops in Chennai.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: Need a proper cooling system for the CPU. Blu-Ray writer to be included.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Budget - 123.2k (Modified) (Skylake Build)

ProcessorIntel Core i7 670024,000
CPU CoolerCooler Master Hyper 212X3,000
MotherboardGigabyte GA-H170 Gaming 311,900
MemoryG.Skill RipJaws V 16GB(8GBx2) 3000Mhz DDR48,400
Graphics CardZotac GTX980 4GB DDR5 AMP Omega43,000
SSDSamsung 850 Evo 120GB4,500
Power SupplySeasonic M12II 620w6,900
CabinetCorsair 300R Windowed5,500
Internal StorageWD Caviar Black 2TB10,500
Optical DriveLite-On DH-12B2SH 12x Blu-ray Writer5,500
Total1,23,200

All component prices in the table are taken from Shop Online In India for Processor, Motherboard, Graphics Card, Laptop, Desktop and More - Mdcomputers.i

OP
E

eashwarramu

Oh Ok.. thanks for the information.. won't it mean that Pascal gpu would be a bit expensive when it launches.. from the literature what I have read online, 980 ti is good.. but am confused about zotac or msi or anything else..too many options tend to confuse..

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

- - - Updated - - -
[MENTION=105611]bssunilreddy[/MENTION] - Hey.. need a quick suggestion - does the following config look good to you:

Processor i7 - Skylake i7-6700 - 8M Cache, 3.4 To 4.0 GHz
MOBO ASUS or Gigabyte H170 PRO GAMING DDR 4
HDD WD Caviar Black - WD 1 TB
SSD Samsung Evo 850 - 250 gb
GPU MSI Geforce 980ti - 6GB
Enclosure Corsair 400r
PSU Corsair RM650
Cooler Cooler Master Hyper 212x
RAM G.Skill Ripjaws - 16GB

Thanks...

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Oh Ok.. thanks for the information.. won't it mean that Pascal gpu would be a bit expensive when it launches.. from the literature what I have read online, 980 ti is good.. but am confused about zotac or msi or anything else..too many options tend to confuse..

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

- - - Updated - - -
@bssunilreddy - Hey.. need a quick suggestion - does the following config look good to you:

Processor i7 - Skylake i7-6700 - 8M Cache, 3.4 To 4.0 GHz
MOBO ASUS or Gigabyte H170 PRO GAMING DDR 4
HDD WD Caviar Black - WD 1 TB
SSD Samsung Evo 850 - 250 gb
GPU MSI Geforce 980ti - 6GB
Enclosure Corsair 400r
PSU Corsair RM650
Cooler Cooler Master Hyper 212x
RAM G.Skill Ripjaws - 16GB

Thanks...

Not bad but you can get better prices if you buy locally than online.

You need to change from MSI regarding GPU to Zotac GTX980Ti 6GB & from Corsair regarding PSU to Seasonic M12II 620w.
The reason is that Zotac gives 2+3=5 years of warranty & Seasonic also gives 5 years warranty and it is the best PSU brand and less costly than Corsair RM650w. Oaky.

Last edited:

aniketdawn.89

Wise Old Owl
Wouldn't be custom assembling better for OP? Unless he wants to go for watercooled stuff and let them handle the process.
Why not? When he is spending so much. Doesn't harm to ask azom for a quote right? Op can then check the components they are providing for the price and decide. It's less hassle over buying everything separately and putting them together yourself.

Of course unless Op would like to do that themselves (I know I would like to build it myself :p)

And would anyone say no to liquid cooling?

Sent from my XT1033 using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 118788

Why not? When he is spending so much. Doesn't harm to ask azom for a quote right? Op can then check the components they are providing for the price and decide. It's less hassle over buying everything separately and putting them together yourself.

Of course unless Op would like to do that themselves (I know I would like to build it myself :p)

And would anyone say no to liquid cooling?

I feel his budget is insufficient to accommodate liquid cooling without compromising on the parts. Building yourself is more fun but does take a lot of time and gives you a lot of stress when the pc does not boots due to your some silly mistakes. :)

aniketdawn.89

Wise Old Owl
I feel his budget is insufficient to accommodate liquid cooling without compromising on the parts. Building yourself is more fun but does take a lot of time and gives you a lot of stress when the pc does not boots due to your some silly mistakes. :)
1.2lakh not enough? What? What are you saying?

OP
E

eashwarramu

Guys.. here is the comparison of the various quotes received for the configuration:

Attached as an image.

Capture.JPG

Cheers..

yasho2249

Broken In
I think you should get a monitor since u hav a good budget. The TVs aren't designed to be computer displays as they hav lower frequencies and hug input lags. You can check lags of some TVs on displaylag.com if you r lucky u might find urs tv. Lag of around 10-15 ms is ok for normal users, abt 5 ms for fps games, and 1-2 ms for competitive ppl (playing cs go at some competition for prices n all). Keep in mind the less lag monitor/TVs the worse will be the quality. Eg. IPS panels hav a greater lag time compared to TN panels. Not to mention problems like screen tearing n stuff like that might also occur. Most modern TVs hav a gaming mode. If u don't want a monitor atleast turn that on while gaming. U trade better synchronisation n fps for resolution and display quality. If u plan to get a monitor somethings to keep in mind: the response time, the input lag, frequency of monitor and sync technology if u want (freesync or gsync)
Do a bit of research on all this. U will get to know what's best for you and a few new things

Btw you won't need any water cooling if you don't plan to overclock. Custom Water cooling is for some serious overclocking.

Sent from my D5322 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom