suggestions for getting a credit card

Status
Not open for further replies.

karina_got_it

Be urself--->
HI
i want to get a credit card. want to know which bank is better in terms of intrest.. intrest free period.. hidden charges.. discounts offered

Stick

Ambassador of Buzz
HI
i want to get a credit card. want to know which bank is better in terms of interest.. interest free period.. hidden charges.. discounts offered

SBI is best so far my knowledge as one of my friend had bad experience with some other including ICICI BANK. Using SBI card from last 12 month no problem with so far :)

One foreign bank start him charging from the date card was issue but he never get the card and after 30 days he received statement and in that they request him to pay for.

OP
karina_got_it

karina_got_it

Be urself--->
really thanks for your suggestions and do anyone know about the intrest rates of various banks and which is lowest. and without any hidden charges

ajayritik

Technomancer
I have been using SBI and ICICI card. ICICI is used by many people. From whatever experience I had with ICICI it was ok I really didnt come across any Hidden charge etc with it. Only once I had an issue coz I didnt receive the statement and had to end up paying late fee. But overall its ok. The problem with SBI is payment. We can't drop the cheques in ATM of SBI and have to drop in their branch

rachitpant

Broken In
HI
i want to get a credit card. want to know which bank is better in terms of intrest.. intrest free period.. hidden charges.. discounts offered
icici bank is better in all departments ,
but still i hate this bank and credit cards in general , they looted me legally for around rs 1500 in 2 months .
the interest on credit cards is higher than any form of banking intersest (arnd 37% compounded anually) , and dont forget the "other charges " they levy tht makes for their earnings
buying on credit is passe , a fshion no more ,

rachitpant

Broken In
SBI is best so far my knowledge as one of my friend had bad experience with some other including ICICI BANK. Using SBI card from last 12 month no problem with so far :)

One foreign bank start him charging from the date card was issue but he never get the card and after 30 days he received statement and in that they request him to pay for.

never buy a sbi card ,
even i had a bad xp with icici bank but tht doesnt make sbi better ,
icici bank charges are better thn sbi , almost all charges are less .
it doesnt charge rs 2000 anual fees like sbi

prasad_den

Padawan
I have been using SBI and ICICI card. ICICI is used by many people. From whatever experience I had with ICICI it was ok I really didnt come across any Hidden charge etc with it. Only once I had an issue coz I didnt receive the statement and had to end up paying late fee. But overall its ok. The problem with SBI is payment. We can't drop the cheques in ATM of SBI and have to drop in their branch
REgarding SBI payment, just register for bill pay at the ATM, and you'll never need a cheque anymore. All you need to do is go to the SBI ATM, and use the bill pay option to directly transfer money from account to card..! However, note that this transfer is not instantaneous, it takes 2 to 3 days to reflect in card account.. :)

Overall, my experience with SBI has been extremely good...

2kewl

Sangeet Premi
SBI is pretty good but the annual fee is pretty high, I think!

Anyone with lesser annual fee?

ajayritik

Technomancer
I just wanted to compare ICICI and SBI only with reference to the payment which can be made. With ICICI Credit cards I have an option to pay online which would be done immediately or at the max one day. I also have the option of going to one of the branches here where they take Credit Card Payments and the payment would be done in some hours same day. Now let's assume that I go to nearby SBI ATM to make payment for that I need an SBI bank account which I may not have and added to that I also have to wait for some 2-3 days for the payment to be made. Now someone tell me which is better when we talk about the mode of payment.

hailgautam

Youngling
Avoid Credit Cards as much as possible, believe me when I say, I got all most all the cards, with more than 10l limit. You will soon be in the trap and will suffer.

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
I just opened a salary account with AXIS bank and they gave me a debit card. Nice to know thats debit cards aren't as dangerous as credit cards, as Pathik said!

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
I have used ICICI for the last 1.5 years without any problems. As long as you pay your outstanding within the grace period, there is no interest charge. You can also make part payments. The interest of 2.9% per pay month will be charged on the outstanding.

prasad_den

Padawan
I just wanted to compare ICICI and SBI only with reference to the payment which can be made. With ICICI Credit cards I have an option to pay online which would be done immediately or at the max one day. I also have the option of going to one of the branches here where they take Credit Card Payments and the payment would be done in some hours same day. Now let's assume that I go to nearby SBI ATM to make payment for that I need an SBI bank account which I may not have and added to that I also have to wait for some 2-3 days for the payment to be made. Now someone tell me which is better when we talk about the mode of payment.
If you are having an ICICI account then you can use online transfers for any VISA card, that includes SBI CCs...!! If you are gonna decide based only on mode of payment, ICICI might be good for you, 'coz you have an ICICI account (I assume)..!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom