Suggestions for buying an External TV Tuner

v2kisad

Broken In
Hi Guys,

My External TV Tuner (AverMedia AVerTV Box GenieI) has stopped working.I'm looking to buy a new one.Please suggest a good replacement.
Is there any model available that support HDMI out,as I have a Full HD Monitor and given a choice wouldn't like to use VGA anymore.

I'm open to buying online rather than hunt in SP Road,Bangalore.

Thanks

vwad

In the zone
What is your budget ? Are you planning to use it with laptop or desktop ?

Anyway could not find any card with HDML output in online stores. Leadtek produces one such card.

*www.leadtek.com/eng/multimedia/overview.asp?lineid=6&pronameid=563&check=f

But I am not sure about its availability in India. :sorry:

If you mean HDMI input then Avermedia H727 is the cheapest option available. :)

Last edited:
OP
v2kisad

v2kisad

Broken In
I'm going to use it only with my Desktop.I'm willing to spend 2.5 - 3K if the Tuner is really worth it but not for a VGA out model.I guess VGA models would typically cost 1.5K or so.

vwad

In the zone
I'm going to use it only with my Desktop.I'm willing to spend 2.5 - 3K if the Tuner is really worth it but not for a VGA out model.I guess VGA models would typically cost 1.5K or so.

Whatever models available online are beyond your budget, basically to tell you honestly, there are no models online with your demand AFAIK. But wait for other supporters, they might be having some resources. :)

OP
v2kisad

v2kisad

Broken In
@d6bmg...do you have any model in mind which supports HDMI.I can stretch my budget if its worth it.

Basically I want to use the Tuner in PIP mode while working on my desktop at 1920* 1080 resolution.The Avermedia Genie that I had only supported 1680 x 1050 resolution.I'm only looking for an External TV tuner as I want to have the option of using it with the PC off.I already have an PCTV Analog 170e USB TV tuner which I'm using a backup option now but somehow all the channels doesnt come in it.So I'm not quite keen on USB TV Tuners.

Top Bottom