Suggestions for am3 mobo?

mithun.villae

Right off the assembly line
I am planning to upgrade my old PC (P4 2.66GHz, Intel 865G motherboard,..). I am having three IDE devices in my old PC(one HDD and two Disk Drives). I need suggestion on buying a new motherboard. I'm looking forward to buy a AMD Sempron processor. The motherboard must have at least one IDE port and it must be of AM3 or AM3+ socket. I have seen some AM3 mobos having IDE ports (ASUS m4n68-t and ASUS m4a78lte); but when I enquire about those motherboards in the open market they say that such motherboards are now not in production. My budget is 4k.

OP
M

mithun.villae

1. Mention your budget.
2. Sempron is EOLed long ago.

My budget is 4000INR. But Sempron is still available in open market. And if motherboard fits in my budget then I may take a Athlon II X2 260. What matters me is the motherboard. I also searched for Intel counterparts. But I couldn't find a suitable LGA1155 socket motherboard having IDE port.
One of the shopkeeper told me that Foxconn is providing a motherboard with IDE port(don't know exact model).
But I'm not sure whether it is reliable or not. I haven't seen any person using Foxconn motherboard.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
Ok, so you need IDE port!
Buy any motherboard without IDE, and buy a PCI to IDE converter which costs only 200/-

OP
M

mithun.villae

one of the retailers told me about a FOXCONN motherboard...but i haven't seen anyone using foxconn mobo and also i didn't get to see any reviews on foxconn motherboards...plz share ur experiences wth foxconn mobos..........

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
one of the retailers told me about a FOXCONN motherboard...but i haven't seen anyone using foxconn mobo and also i didn't get to see any reviews on foxconn motherboards...plz share ur experiences wth foxconn mobos..........

Foxcon is OEM brand. Avoid their cheap boards.

Top Bottom