Suggestions for a fridge under 12K (cheaper the better)

raksrules

Youngling
I live in a rented apartment and i do have a fridge provided by the owner but i feel the fridge is not cooling as per what it should. I am not sure if there is a problem with the fridge or the sealing around the door. But whatever it is, i am gonna observe the behavior for next few days and decide whether i want to buy one or not.
The fridge will be used for 2 people so high capacity is not needed. Do not need any fancy features and i plan to sell off the fridge later on when i might move somewhere else. So not planning to use for a lot of years.
Price i am expecting to pay under 12K, actually cheaper the better. Under 10K would be even better.
What brands should i consider ? I guess under 200 Liters would be sufficient.
Should i ever buy online or better visit shops like chrome or reliance digital and choose and buy from there ?

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Aim for a 180 Ltr one. This is Holi time, there will be lots of offer in Mumbai stores. Look for offers from Vijay Sales, Kohinoor, Croma, Next etc.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Btw i am in Pune and fridge is supposed to be used in Pune only.

I saw Mumbai...

Well, for Pune too I can say Croma, Next are available there.

Just go to a shop, look for the cheapest fridge with good power rating. Don't buy anything below 3 star. We bought one 185Ltr fridge of Kelvinator here in Kolkata @9000/-

Best of luck

OP
raksrules

raksrules

Youngling
Ok lets see. I have a chroma near my home and a reliance digital as well. Will check both.
I am planning to first run the existing fridge at different settings to see how it performs and then decide whether to actually buy a new one or not.

Ok so it appears i might have to buy a fridge as the existing one is just not good enough. Since my budget is low i probably have fewer choices. But are there any brands i should totally stay away from ? Or any specific brand i should opt for ?
I am going to visit the chroma and reliance digital outlets which are sort of walking distance from my home. Will probably visit vijay sales as well.

OP
raksrules

raksrules

Youngling
So any final word from anyone before i go in evening to Chroma and Reliance Digital outlets ?
After the milk and some veggies getting spoilt today morning, i am now hell bent on getting the fridge asap. So we are going to the outlets today evening (walking distance) and check out the offerings. Hoping to get 180-190 Liters only as it will be small enough to fit where we want it to fit.
Also , i am reluctant to buy these white goods online and better to actually see the product and get from local store.
Any particular brand to buy even if it costs a bit more ? I don't know but i am not inclined towards Godrej and Videocon.

aroraanant

Explorer
There are plenty of brands, choose from anyone, visit local shops first and do visit 3-4 showrooms and then decide, and also check the prices of same model online too,if there is a lot of difference in price then only prefer buying online otherwise not.
Make one thing sure that you buy a frost free refrigerator, otherwise you will regret later.

Top Bottom