Suggestions and help needed,budget around 20k

aroraanant

Explorer
I have to buy a phone for my elder bro, please help me guys.
He thinks Samsung Grand is good for him.But I am not able to decide whether it is the best option in that price bracket or not.

1. Budget?
Around 20k(the lower the better)
2. Display type and size?
Touch, above 4.3"-5".
3. Form Factor? bar, slider, flip?
Bar
4. Preferred choice of brand?
HTC, Samsung and Sony
5. Preferred input method (QWERTY, touchscreen, numpad, touch-n-type).
Touch
6. What camera option you want? Please specify need for flash, autofocus, front facing camera.
8mp and above, front camera is required.
7. Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).
Android only.
8. Preferred connectivity options (3G, Wifi etc)Please specify clearly.
Obviously 3G and Wi-Fi
9. Preferred applications (Flash, Swype, GPS, etc)?
GPS is must, rest all the basic ones are required.Don't have to mention that I think
10. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, mails, internet, gaming etc)?
To make call, and Internet will be used quite often, and a good camera is required too.
11. Any specific mobile phones in consideration?
Samsung Grand
12. Any other info that you want to share
Will prefer a big screen phone and with a good battery backup from the above mentioned brands only.And don't suggest anything other than Android.

I can wait if there is something good coming up which is really worth waiting for.
What have you guys to say about Samsung grand, I am getting it for around 18.5k from tradus where as the local dealer quoted me 19.8k may be he will lower down the price buy one or two hundred.
One S is no where available for around 22k so I have to cut it down from the list.
Would prefer a HTC phone anyday but I am not able to find a good option in that price bracket in that particular brand.
I told my brother to consider Note 2 or Xperia Z but he says that will cost too much and he is not willing to spend that much.
Actually he will prefer a 5" phone over a one with a smaller screen.
Now I really need help of you people, after 2yrs I am creating a thread in this section, first was when I needed help and you people helped me and I bought Incredible S with which I m still satisfied.

Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos has good camera.
Optimus L9 is also good, has better screen resolution but poor camera quality compared to Grand.

Sony Xperia SL is also a great phone but has 4.3" display but with HD resolution & 12MP camera

shreymittal

Being Human
If u can wait Get Xperia SP eyes closed.
Grand, L9 EVEN HOX cannot even stand near SP
Thanks random for correcting me
Its SP I wrote SL my bad:eek:

Last edited:
OP
aroraanant

aroraanant

Explorer
@random- what is the expected price of SP and when it will arrive in market?
And Xperia SL is coming for around 21.8k where as Grand is coming around 18.5k.What you have to say on this?
Don't you think Grand is a better option among the two.

Kiss

Journeyman
OP budget is around 20k... SP is i think +5k more... you could think of Xperia L... which would be arnd 17k(as per threads in this forum) and its far better than Grand.

OP
aroraanant

aroraanant

Explorer
Xperia Ion available for 21k
Sony Xperia Ion - Buy Sony Xperia Ion Online at Best Prices in India - Sony: Flipkart.com
Thats really a good price for that phone.

But I read reviews of Ion, they are not good.Everywhere Galaxy grand is praised.

Top Bottom