suggestion to buy LCD tv in the range of 25k to 35k

Status
Not open for further replies.

nix

right now, you will get a 32 inch, philips full HD LCD for 38K. the same size sony lcd will cost around 41K(also full HD). anything bigger than 32 inch is not recommended as DVD quality video will get expanded to fit the size and you will lose clarity. blu rays are far off, forget abt them for another 3-5 years(in india, that is).

picture clarity in both the above mentioned brands is about the same. ask the shop owner to play a DVD video for you on those LCD's.

OP
Baker

Baker

Albicelestes
thanx yaar..

but in sony site i can see some 32 inch LCD with different prices..
like in v series , T series and s series what is the difference in those series..

and what is Full HD..?

max_demon

IM AS MAD AS HELL!!
Full HD is a standard Resoultion for hi end blue ray movies . it is 1920 pixals wide and 1080 pixals high , it has the aspact ratio of standard DVD/Blueray movies i.e. 16:9 .

this will become de facto the standard resoultion of the future

OP
Baker

Baker

Albicelestes
what are the other specifications i need to consider..?

and i read in somewhere that if we are using normal cable connection with LCD tv
the quality will be poor is it right..?

max_demon

IM AS MAD AS HELL!!
^^ exactly , btw DTH have superior quality little closer to DVD quality .

although non has BluRay quality

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
what are the other specifications i need to consider..?

and i read in somewhere that if we are using normal cable connection with LCD tv
the quality will be poor is it right..?

if you use cable, the quality will be poor but if you use Set top box that is provided by cable tv provider, the quality will be damn good.

If you watch lot of Hindi and english movies and lot of sports, a local cable TV with STB will be the way to go as the satellite TV packages will be far more costly for this need.

Ponmayilal

Attitude matters
@deepak_cucek, This month's PC World article "Steal a Deal" lists LG's 32LG80FR as offering the best combination of features and performance for a bargain price.(Rs.35000.).Full HD, IPS Panel,excellent details,color depth,sound quality,best-in-class view angles,USB direct playback.
You may like to check on it.(I shall on my next visit to Tata Croma as also the video-upscaling Philips DVP 3388 DVD Player- Rs.3800)

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
there was another lcd tv test in CHIP. And they selected samsung LA32B530P7R, which is 32" display with MRP of 44k.

another notable model is lg lh20R which is available for less than 38k and is given VFM rating.

OP
Baker

Baker

Albicelestes
thank u guys ...

what makes the main difference in Full HD and qith out HD.... i mean for a normal purpose like watching DVD and Set top Box

amitabhishek

Bad to the bone
^^ Full HD, HDTV or 1080p all of refer to one thing : High Definition TV. Now in India none of the TV broadcaster have a full HD transmission. So why buy a HDTV at all?

Because HD can be achieved by a) Blu-ray player b)HD game consoles c) an up scaled DVD player.

While a Blu-ray player or an HD gaming console can beam images in native HD (1920 by 1080) an upscaling DVD player has to work extra hard to match the pixel count of an HDTV. The difference is barely visible to the eyes and the price of a upscaled DVD player is sometimes lower than a Blu-ray gaming title!

If you want to know from the horse's mouth than I have an LG 32" TV, an Onkyo AV receiver, a Philips upscaled DVD player and finally an 80GB bad boy - PS3 :) which I bought last week!

I have connected TV and PS3 via HDMI cable (for video) and AV receiver and PS3 through an optical connector for audio. I must tell you man, the results are earth shattering :shock:!

nix

^ how do you upscale a DVD player?
do you need a special kind of DVD player for upscaling? or can I do it with any DVD player?

aadipa

Padawan
I think I am bit late on this.
I have recently purchased LG Jazz (32LG80FR). The USB works great for DivX/Xvid videos (max supported res. 720x576). I have even tried to connect mobile phone in mass storage mode and it works perfectly. Picture quality is good and sound is one of the best in LCDs. Though you would like to get a good speaker system for any of the LCDs.
I got this model @ 33.5k about a month back from local shop. Other option is Series 4 in Samsung which gives simillar specs. In my case, I tried few shortlisted models in side by side comparision, checked DTH input and DivX playback. Found LG model to give best details in dark areas while Samsung to give best contrast and deep back. I went with details.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom