Suggestion to buy a Touchscreen Notebook under 50K.

sameermanas

Starting to learn!!
Hi Everyone,

My brother wants to buy a touchscreen(Windows 8.1) Laptop/Notebook under 50K.

The basic requirements are as follows:

1. RAM of atleast 4GB
2. Graphics of atleast 1-1.5 GB. Preferably non-integrated
3. Display of good resolution. We are thinking 14-15 Inch
4. Must be able to play SimCity, NFS Rivals, The Crew, Battlefield 4, GTA IV and V. (All under low-med settings)
5. Battery life that doesn't suck much.
6. Must be a bit sleek so that he can use it for touch based apps on the go.
7. Maximum amount is 50K. If it is necessary, he can max increase upto 3~4k.
8. Touchscreen must be of good response.

We have been surfing the web for the past 30 hours or so. We came up with these laptops as of now.

Asus F550CC-CJ671H Notebook (4th Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 750GB/ Win8/ 2GB Graph/ Touch) (90NB00W9-M04730) Rs.48200 Price in India - Buy Asus F550CC-CJ671H Notebook (4th Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 750GB/ Win8/ 2GB Graph/ Touch) (90NB00W9-M04730) Dark Grey Online - Asus : Fl

Lenovo Flex 2-14 Notebook (4th Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 500GB/ Win8.1/ Touch/ 2GB Graph) (59-429729) Rs.48680 Price in India - Buy Lenovo Flex 2-14 Notebook (4th Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 500GB/ Win8.1/ Touch/ 2GB Graph) (59-429729) Online - Lenovo : Flipkart.com

HP 15-r022TX Notebook (4th Gen Ci5/ 8GB/ 1TB/ Free DOS/ 2GB Graph) (J6M27PA) Rs.43333 Price in India - Buy HP 15-r022TX Notebook (4th Gen Ci5/ 8GB/ 1TB/ Free DOS/ 2GB Graph) (J6M27PA) SParkling Black Online - HP : Flipkart.com

Buy HP ENVY TouchSmart 4-1245tu 14-inch Touchscreen Laptop (Midnight Black) Online at Low Prices in India - Amazon.in

If any of these are a good choice, kindly put forward your views. In case you better suggestions to go with, we are open to them.

Thank you very much in advance for your help.

Last edited:
OP
sameermanas

sameermanas

Starting to learn!!
Using tapatalk right now, so can't check each link. whatever you decide to buy, get one which has 840M as the graphics card.
Hi,

These are the graphics cards details:

ASUS -NVIDIA GeForce GT 720M 2GB DDR3
Lenovo Flex -N15V-GM 2GB DDR3
HP ENvy -Intel HD Graphics 4000
HP 15-r022TX -NVIDIA GeForce 820M

vito scalleta

In the zone
Which Touchscreen laptop would you suggest other than these ?

from ur list of choices lenovo flex seems to be a good option. but still the gpu is too weak to be considered for gaming.

using the touch screen of a 14 inch laptop will be pretty difficult anyway. so my advice would be to ditch the touch screen idea and get a laptop with gt 740m or 840m which are the bare minimum to play games at 1366*768 res.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
how about AMD Radeon HD R7 M265? is that ok?
then there is Dell Inspiron 15 5000 Series

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA

Never played any games as I am not a Gamer .
But R7 M265 is quite good in medium settings , having 384 stream processors. It also comes with AMD Enduro and GCN Technology.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!

It performs same as 730M as per *www.notebookcheck.net/AMD-Radeon-R7-M265.109394.0.html
So, not worth considering. 840M is minimum what one should look at if gaming is concerned.

OP
sameermanas

sameermanas

Starting to learn!!
Inspiron 15 3000 series has a model with 840M
The Dell Online Store: Build Your System

Is this particular model available in Amazon or Flipkart ?
I've never used this CompuIndia website before.

[MENTION=145143]SaiyanGoku[/MENTION]: Is it possible to change a Graphic card for a laptop/notebook in future ? If any future model has good performance than the one equipped with the laptop, can we switch it or will it cause any issues ?

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends

[MENTION=145143]SaiyanGoku[/MENTION]: Is it possible to change a Graphic card for a laptop/notebook in future ? If any future model has good performance than the one equipped with the laptop, can we switch it or will it cause any issues ?
Seems that particular model isn't available in FK/Amazon.

And no, you cannot switch your Graphic card of your Laptop later.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
buy in meatspace at a retailer?
You might also get goodies, a laptop bag, a headset and a Rs. 1000 shopping voucher at Jabong

OP
sameermanas

sameermanas

Starting to learn!!
Hi everyone,

Thank you very much for your inputs. My bro has decided to take the Lenovo Flex 2. We have a AMD 6 core processor based PC at home, so we'll use it for gaming.

He became a Windows 8 fan boy and he is demanding touch screen. In the Lenovo website the Flex 2 has two models. The main difference is FHD display and the front cam. Kindly take time to let us know which one of these two is better. These are the links:

IdeaPad Flex 2-14(Smoky Grey) - Ideapad - Laptops | Lenovo India | The DO Store

Lenovo Flex 2-14 | Ideapad Laptop | Lenovo India | The DO Store

What is the difference between Smoky Grey and just Grey for these two laptops? Both pics are the same in website.

Btw, I believe Amazon or Flipkart will reduce the price than DoStore, so tell me which of these better and tell the correct FK or Amazon product code/link.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!

Its possible, but not in your budget.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
I mean in a year or so. Not now exactly. If I put say 10K~15K, can we expand the laptop graphics card.

You'll have to spend ~80k upfront for a laptop like XOTIC PC | Sager NP8258 (Clevo P157SM-A) - 15.6" Gaming Laptop and then upto another 40k if you want to upgrade it upto Quadro K3100M.

That's why I said not in your budget. Laptops in your budget (or rather all in India) can't be upgraded the way you're intending them to.

Touchscreen in a laptop is cumbersome. You'll enjoy it maybe a week or two and then you'll be stuck with a fancy touchscreen laptop having a lower powered graphics card.

IMHO forget the touchscreen, get the lenovo Z50 with 840M instead.
This one:

Lenovo Z50 Notebook (4th Gen Ci5/ 8GB/ 1TB/ Win8.1/ 4GB Graph) (59-429607) Rs.53888 Price in India - Buy Lenovo Z50 Notebook (4th Gen Ci5/ 8GB/ 1TB/ Win8.1/ 4GB Graph) (59-429607) Online - Lenovo : Flipkart.com

Last edited:

$hadow

Geek in making
For starters touch screen and gaming do not go well together. They are generally low powered graphic card based laptops. Better try to get z50 with 840m or try to avoid gaming on laptop.

OP
sameermanas

sameermanas

Starting to learn!!
Can someone shed some light on this laptop as well

HP Envy 15-k004TX Notebook (4th Gen Ci5/ 8GB/ 1TB/ Win8.1) (J2C49PA) Rs.61420 Price in India - Buy HP Envy 15-k004TX Notebook (4th Gen Ci5/ 8GB/ 1TB/ Win8.1) (J2C49PA) SIlver Online - HP : Flipkart.com

I don't understand why it is more pricey than Lenovo z50 for same kind of processor and graphics. Is the extra cost just for the design ?

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Can someone shed some light on this laptop as well

HP Envy 15-k004TX Notebook (4th Gen Ci5/ 8GB/ 1TB/ Win8.1) (J2C49PA) Rs.61420 Price in India - Buy HP Envy 15-k004TX Notebook (4th Gen Ci5/ 8GB/ 1TB/ Win8.1) (J2C49PA) SIlver Online - HP : Flipkart.com

I don't understand why it is more pricey than Lenovo z50 for same kind of processor and graphics. Is the extra cost just for the design ?

Company decides the pricing, so they decided it to be more than 60k for HD screen compared to the FHD in Z50 and backlit keyboard. The extra cost isn't justified for that keyboard alone. :|

Top Bottom