Suggestion Required : Printer Scanner Copier @ < Rs.5000

Discussion in 'Peripherals' started by BBThumbHealer, Jun 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BBThumbHealer

BBThumbHealer BlackBerry Guru ! :)

Hi Guys,

Was on a hunt of buying a new multifunction device to serve the basic purposes , and on a maximum budget of Rs.5000.Need ur suggestions for the same. I have basically narrowed my search to the Canon MP-145 or the MP-198, but lemme tell you , i m a noob in printing matters, so its upto u to decide , which one should i go in for.And , can i sneak a laser MFD in that budget , i know m asking for a bit more :D ?

Here are my preferences :

1. Good performance.
    2. Lost cost cartridges.
    3. Value For money.
    4. Good printing and scanning.
    5. Optimum photocopying speed.

How are Epson's printers ?? I don't want to go with HP one's because of high cost of cartridges ! But still , i can change my decision. Also , what's the phenomena of "individual cartridges" in MFD's ?

Any help regarding this would be highly appreciated .

Regards,
    BBThumbHealer :)

2. Arnab boss

Arnab boss New Member

Dude imo hp is the leader in this segment as its print quality aws scan quality is best and don't think of cartridges cost as u can always refil it....' max 4 times in my case and the print quality is good as before but a little diff in my 3 refil...'

canon is good and has a good looks but hp leads it away...'

Now if u wanna scan and print in bulks then go 4 hp otherwise canon is also a good option... '

3. OP
    OP
    BBThumbHealer

BBThumbHealer BlackBerry Guru ! :)

Thnx Arnab for the info..

Can any one please chk and comment on the feature list of these two Canon Printers :
    MP145 And MP198

I'll be highly obliged as m a complete noob in this category of peripherals .. Please.I don't wanna print in bulk neither do any hard scanning , just want it to serve basic everyday needs !

4. Debu_013

Debu_013 Freshly Churned Chutny :)

I have MP145 and it gives great printouts and good scan results and it cost less than Rs. 3300 and you get a 2Gb pen drive free.
    If you want more features then the MP198 comes onto the list if you dont need pictbridge card reader etc then Mp145 all right.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.