Suggestion regarding buying

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
I have decided to buy the following components. Are they enough for playing DX11 games?

Core i3 i530 2.93 GHz
Intel DH55TC
Sapphire HD5670 512MB GDDR5
Transcend 2GB DDR3 1333MHz C9
Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 500GB
Gigabyte 80 Plus Active PFC 460W
Cooler Master Elite 310
LG 22x DVD

Please give your suggestions.

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
@ jaskanwar:

buddy, is it really important and mandatory to get hooked to DX11 games wen the current crop of DX9.0c and (a few) DX10 games are already making a huge mark.. ! :)

jus a thought...

by the way, instead of worrying abt dx10 or dx11, its better to hv a decent budget for a core ix rig with a gr8 gpu (preferably a core i7 based rig) as its built for serious gaming ppl.. :)

do tell ur budget so tat we can suggest u better... :)
-------

Cheers n e-peace....

official

In the zone
your config will do fine but you dont need i3 to play dx11 games a mere core2duo with HD5750 and 2 gb ddr2 ram will do fine. and put Amd x4 processor and Asus mobo Amd 780g(ddr2 i think) or 785devo (ddr3 i think- only if you can afford) AMD x4 635 will beat i3. low price. Get ddr2 ram atleast2 gigs they will cost you less. And HD5750 will run all games for coming 3years at decent settings and 1280x1024 resolution.
better to go with AMD processor any athlon2 X3 or x4 if you can manage go for ddr2 based mobo(low cost)n go for smps having atlest two 6 pin molex power connector, i think corsair 450 watt has one and it is very good, dunno its price. And invest atleast 9k for gfx card i thinh Ati HD5750 costs around 8+k. Get a normal cabinet you can always upgrade to a better case when you have money. Get WD hdd, not seagate

Last edited:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Proccy: Athlon II X3 435 2.9GHz
Mobo: ECS A785GM-M if u can't find: MSI 785GN-E65 or Gigabyte GA-MA785GMT-UD2H
Ram: 2X 2Gb DDR3-1333Mhz or at least 2Gb (single stick. later add 1 more for dual chh)
HDD: ur choice.
GFX: HD5670 or HD 5750. depending on monitor's size.
PSU: Corsair VX450 else Gigabyte 460. still VX450 i wil suggest if u get HD5750.
Cabby: CM Elite 310, u made good choice.

should come within 30k easily.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
@OP:
You can even play Dx11 games on a nVidia 8800GT or ATI 3870.....! Try to see things in perspective and do not get carried away with the big honcho company marketing. "Dx11". This API offers two critical things, Shader Model 5.0 and Tessellation. No suppose you would get a HD5750 -- touted DirectX 11 card. It will do things jack differently as compared to a high end GTX nvidia or HD48xx series. WHY..cause the card is just not powerful enough to render enough, to harness the full power of Dx11.

If you want to play full Dx11 then get a system like Ashu's -- and replace the GPU with a HD5850 or HD5870. (He is going to kill me for this).

Also resolution is really important to create a well balanced system within budgets. You mentioned you have a monitor. What resolution is it at..? Sam has mentioned a well balanced rig, but be rest assured, it will not give full eye-candy -- the Dx11 you want. :)

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
yup, HD5670 = HD 4770 in performance. & HD5750 = 4850 in performance. & if monitor size is above 20", one wil have to sacrifice eye candy for FPS. this only way. other way, get something like HD5850 or maybe a single HD4890 should be enough to turn everything high (in Crysis for example).

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
If you want to play full Dx11 then get a system like Ashu's -- and replace the GPU with a HD5850 or HD5870. (He is going to kill me for this).
lol. naa i wont plz.. :D u hv full license

Also resolution is really important to create a well balanced system within budgets. You mentioned you have a monitor. What resolution is it at..? Sam has mentioned a well balanced rig, but be rest assured, it will not give full eye-candy -- the Dx11 you want. :)
agreed, totally, a good GPU+20+ inch LCD makes all the difference..

yup, HD5670 = HD 4770 in performance. & HD5750 = 4850 in performance. & if monitor size is above 20", one wil have to sacrifice eye candy for FPS. this only way. other way, get something like HD5850 or maybe a single HD4890 should be enough to turn everything high (in Crysis for example).
well, let us all admit it, tat Crysis was made to make even the most powerful of gpu+cpu combo's look poor.. lol..
it is the most cpu+GPU intensive game (I think the developers made it jus to make every gpu kneel down at its mercy and praise)..lol..
------------

Cheers n e-peace....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom