Suggestion needed..

MegaMind

Human Spambot
Hey guys, a friend of mine has the following rig for gaming..

CPU - i7 870
Mobo-Asus P7H55-M LX
RAM -Transcend 1*4GB 1333MHz
PSU -Corsair VX550
GPU -MSI 560ti TFII
HDD -1TB 7200.12
Case-CM elite 335

The question is, is it worth getting IVY/SB or get a used P55 & OC the proccy? Purpose is pure gaming..

saikiasunny

Ambassador of Buzz
My advice is to go for a better p55 mobo. The i7 is a very capable processor for gaming. It won't be a bottleneck for modern gpus. I don't think the ivys or sandys will provide you with significant fps gains.

RiGOD

SoLa BeLLaToR...
Take a look at this buddy. It's better to OC it rather than wasting money on a SNB/IVB. The GPU is awesome and it'll get the job done.

OP
MegaMind

MegaMind

Human Spambot
Hmmm will let him know, my advise is the same but he is very curious in urgrading as a whole..

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
This is a good mobo your friend can get @ 5.3k ;-)
HARDOCP - Introduction - MSI P55-CD53 Motherboard Review
but before that read this :
The Perils Of Overclocking : P55 On A Budget: Five Core i5/i7 Motherboards For $100-$150

OP
MegaMind

MegaMind

Human Spambot
This is a good mobo your friend can get @ 5.3k ;-)
HARDOCP - Introduction - MSI P55-CD53 Motherboard Review

Is it avail. in India??

Thanks for the Tom's link..

Also, its only 4+1 phase control is it good enough to hold OC'ed 870 stable 24/7?

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
There's ain't lots of P55 mobo available now but you can get that MSI mobo from flipkart @ ~5.3k and I think most of the mobos under 6k usually comes with 4+1 power phase but if your friend have more than 6k budget for mobo he can opt for good Intel Original mobos like Intel DP55KG at 10k but even this pricey good at ocing mobo comes with only 6 phase power supply modules.

OP
MegaMind

MegaMind

Human Spambot
^^Ya TG checked that before & 2 more cases in OCN..

Its MSI P55-GD55 the one i'm saying is MSI P55A-G55 which is the revised version..

Last edited:

koolent

Youngling
^ he is right, no point of getting a new processor. Get a motherboard and OC the processor if you want.

You won't need to do that quite far

Top Bottom