anjali1chowdary

Right off the assembly line
My System Configuration is
Intel Core2 Quad 6600
Intel DG33TL Motherboard
Transcend 2x2 GB RAM
Western Digital 320 GB HDD
Samsung SuperMaster DVD Drive

I brought it 8 months ago. Now, it has been getting hung randomly and it is to be reeboted. I suspect that PSU is not of

sufficient wattage. Furthermore, I am going to buy Nvidia GeForce 9800 GX2. Present, PSU is a generic 400W one.

So, please recommend me reliable PSU (Brand & Wattage) and cooling unit. I could Spend Rs 7000 for both of them.

Any Suggestions for Graphics Card is also welcome.

Thanks in advance.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
9800GX2?? Is it available still?

better get GTX260 or HD4870

PSU: get Corsair 600W PSU. You many not need cooler. That CPU runs pretty cool.

acewin

Point Blanc
@anjali I think you mean 9800GTX+ and a good PSU, thats quiet alot spending. without any gfx card you can go for corsair 450VX for your config.
Intel's stock cooler is quiet good, so until it fails or you really wanna spend you can get good coolers in around 2-2.5K. I woult suggest in this area because I do not know much which will be better suited for your requirements.

with gfx card corsair 550VX, but in that amount tagan has quiet good 600W modular PSU, so I will recommend that.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
any idea what the price of 9800GX2 is??

9800gx2 is one hell of a card and is faster than gtx260 and hd4870 in some games but at the same time, it takes lot of power.

Last edited:

acewin

Point Blanc
well GX2 will cost certainly much more than HD4870 1GB or around it, that would be around 16-18K if available in the market.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
^^ you sure that it costs less than 20k coz in most places in USA, it's price is more than that of GTX260.

one more thing about this card is that it runs hot and is a monster in size.

j1n M@tt

Cyborg Agent
ya it costs more than GTX260 even if it is available(will be at least 30k), its manufacturing cost is higher than GTXseries

acewin

Point Blanc
just speculating the price, have not checked them for GX2

was just expecting it to be double than GTX++

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom