Suggestion needed for 32 inch and 24 Inch TV..

harikiran

Broken In
Primary requirement - Very Good picture and sound.
Wall Mount must
Non Smart TV
Service Centres in Hyd

I'm planning to use Tata HD DTH for 32 inch and STB for 24 inch.
I can spend on 32 inch < 30 k
24 inch < 15 k
Planning to take by the end of this week.
Preferably on Latest 2017 models,2016 if its worth it.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Primary requirement - Very Good picture and sound.
Wall Mount must
Non-Smart TV
Service Centres in Hyd
I'm planning to use Tata HD DTH for 32 inches and STB for 24 inches.
I can spend on 32 inches < 30 k
24 inches < 15 k
Planning to take by the end of this week.
Preferably on Latest 2017 models,2016 if its worth it.
Waiting for the Reply... Has no one any info on TV's?
Panasonic 81 cm (32 inches) TH-32C470DX Full HD LED TV:
Panasonic TH-32C470DX 81cm Full HD LED TV: Amazon.in: Electronics
Philips 60 cm (24 inches) 24PFL3159/24PFL3151 Full HD LED TV (Black):
Philips 60 cm 24PFL3159/24PFL3151 Full HD LED TV: Amazon.in: Electronics

CNCT (Weight Capacity - 25 KGS) Fix-Tilt Wall Mount / Bracket / Stand for upto 42" TV's
*www.amazon.in/CNCT-Weight-Capacity-Fix-Tilt-Bracket/dp/B00N6PBQCC?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B00N6PBQCC&pd_rd_r=KR1SFCGNCED3XTQF8JWF&pd_rd_w=WKn62&pd_rd_wg=G9lyg&psc=1&refRID=KR1SFCGNCED3XTQF8JWF&ref_=pd_rhf_gw_s_cp_3

OP
H

harikiran

Broken In
Panasonic 81 cm (32 inches) TH-32C470DX Full HD LED TV:
Panasonic TH-32C470DX 81cm Full HD LED TV: Amazon.in: Electronics
Philips 60 cm (24 inches) 24PFL3159/24PFL3151 Full HD LED TV (Black):
Philips 60 cm 24PFL3159/24PFL3151 Full HD LED TV: Amazon.in: Electronics

CNCT (Weight Capacity - 25 KGS) Fix-Tilt Wall Mount / Bracket / Stand for upto 42" TV's
*www.amazon.in/CNCT-Weight-Capacity-Fix-Tilt-Bracket/dp/B00N6PBQCC?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B00N6PBQCC&pd_rd_r=KR1SFCGNCED3XTQF8JWF&pd_rd_w=WKn62&pd_rd_wg=G9lyg&psc=1&refRID=KR1SFCGNCED3XTQF8JWF&ref_=pd_rhf_gw_s_cp_3

Do they really produce good picture and sound quality ?

Furosports

Right off the assembly line
Choose from Sony or Samsung, both brands are well known for superior picture and sound quality.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Only way to be sure about a TV model's picture & sound quality is by seeing it for yourself in the showroom.Also whichever brand you choose,make sure to buy at least 2 years warranty(including the screen & motherboard/internal parts of TV) or more even if you have to pay 3-4k extra for it.

gta5

Ambassador of Buzz
don't pick a tv that has bottom firing speakers .. sound isn't very clear with that design when you wall mount.. and like whitestar mentioned pay more for 3 year warranty ... because these TV's are like use and throw products , if your panel goes bad which mostly does , you will be paying 80-90 % cost of whole tv for panel replacement and it's not worth it to get that repaired...

and go to croma compare them .. prefer Sony or Samsung

Last edited:
OP
H

harikiran

Broken In
don't pick a tv that has bottom firing speakers .. sound isn't very clear with that design when you wall mount.. and like whitestar mentioned pay more for 3 year warranty ... because these TV's are like use and throw products , if your panel goes bad which mostly does , you will be paying 80-90 % cost of whole tv for panel replacement and it's not worth it to get that repaired...

and go to croma compare them .. prefer Sony or Samsung

I have thought of this Model Sony R42E LED HDR TV with built-in Subwoofer which is 27k off store with 1 year and 4k for +1 year extended warranty.

What do u guys think ?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Sony R42E LED HDR TV with built-in Subwoofer
Display resolution (H x V, pixels)
1366 x 768
It is not even full HD(1920*1080),waste of money.

In fact you can get a 32" IPS monitor from LG for around 16k & connect it to STB with HDMI & a pair of decent external speakers costing ~2k & it will perform as good or even better than the above sony model.

OP
H

harikiran

Broken In
Sony R42E LED HDR TV with built-in Subwoofer

It is not even full HD(1920*1080),waste of money.

In fact you can get a 32" IPS monitor from LG for around 16k & connect it to STB with HDMI & a pair of decent external speakers costing ~2k & it will perform as good or even better than the above sony model.

Yes,but we don't even have full HD channels.. And its Sony.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Buying a 720p TV/screen in today's time is like buying usb 2.0 pen drive instead of usb 3.0.Sure it will work but it is not recommended at all.There are LG & Samsung cheap models for ~30k with 1080p resolution so why spent similar money on 720p TV.Also note that 1080p screens are the standard now-a-days meaning any factory/manufacturer making LED/LCD screens will focus their efforts on producing 1080p screens & not 720p screens on an average.This means chances of getting a good 720p screen in a TV is smaller than getting a 1080p screen in that same size TV.

OP
H

harikiran

Broken In
Buying a 720p TV/screen in today's time is like buying usb 2.0 pen drive instead of usb 3.0.Sure it will work but it is not recommended at all.There are LG & Samsung cheap models for ~30k with 1080p resolution so why spent similar money on 720p TV.Also note that 1080p screens are the standard now-a-days meaning any factory/manufacturer making LED/LCD screens will focus their efforts on producing 1080p screens & not 720p screens on an average.This means chances of getting a good 720p screen in a TV is smaller than getting a 1080p screen in that same size TV.

My priority is just to watch tv channels and its for bedroom. And no use of internet on it coz i have other things for that.. And do HD channels look clear on 1080p screen? if it does ,then i might go for full HD..
I just need a good picture quality without any pixel dots or whatsoever.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
The point of my previous post was that there are more chances of getting a good(picture quality wise) 1080p 32" screen than 720p 32" screen irrespective of the manufacturer.

OP
H

harikiran

Broken In
The point of my previous post was that there are more chances of getting a good(picture quality wise) 1080p 32" screen than 720p 32" screen irrespective of the manufacturer.

Last night one of my friend visited electronic showroom as he is planing to buy 43 inch TV and he looked for 32 inch also for me.. As for his info,there are sony,samsung,lg and panasonic and few other brands which are all 32 inch 720p, normal to smart with different features.

Full HD starts from 40 inch onwards.. Between my friend stuck with these TV's Sony W772E, LG LJ61, LG 43UJ632T(UHD.Non of others are good then this one) , Sony W800D, Sony W950D and the last 2 models have weak panel and old models. According to sales guy it has single layer screen while W772E has double layer.. A little suggestion also needed here :)

Update :
I just came from PAI international showroom. I have seen 32 inch Tv's of 2017 models,of all Sony x422e have better picture quality and clear sound output compare to LG,Samsung ,Panasonic. But its a VA panel and HD display (All Sony displays are VA according to sales person),yet it gives great quality compare to LG's IPS.. I don't know what other minors in those..

But i admit 43 inch size is really eye catching.
Sony W80D or W800D (56k Rupees)- 3D Tv with native 100hz RR ,VA panel
Sony W772E (54k Rupees) have added Triluminius. It has more brighter colors than W800D and VA 2 layer screen .Sturdier than W80D
LG LJ61 have better smart features but lacks picture and sound compare with Sony W772E
Samsung M5570 (66k Rupees)almost same and some times more clear image than Sony W772E Triluminius.

Overall,Sony's clear Audio gives superb sound than Sony without it..
My friend is buying Sony W772E Tomorrow..

As for me i might consider buying some big size monitor ad speakers to it as an option if no proper TV found..

Last edited:

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Sony TV's audio quality is supposedly better.As for picture quality you must keep in mind that to compare picture quality of different TVs one must have access to remote with settings.e.g.showroom persons usually crank up color,brightness & contrast to max/100 which might look good under glaring lights of showroom but use these same settings inside a room with a CFL/tubelight & situation changes completely.As VA panels have deeper black levels & greater contrast values than IPS panels so on IPS panels using very high contrast values usually degrade the picture quality.I believe samsung has some decent 32" Full HD models(all major manufacturers use VA panels except LG which use IPS),try them & change their default color,contrast & brightness values to see if they can match sony picture quality(i think they should).

OP
H

harikiran

Broken In
Sony TV's audio quality is supposedly better.As for picture quality you must keep in mind that to compare picture quality of different TVs one must have access to remote with settings.e.g.showroom persons usually crank up color,brightness & contrast to max/100 which might look good under glaring lights of showroom but use these same settings inside a room with a CFL/tubelight & situation changes completely.As VA panels have deeper black levels & greater contrast values than IPS panels so on IPS panels using very high contrast values usually degrade the picture quality.I believe samsung has some decent 32" Full HD models(all major manufacturers use VA panels except LG which use IPS),try them & change their default color,contrast & brightness values to see if they can match sony picture quality(i think they should).

Ya,that might be possible.The difference in color is seen when we compare with each other.The only advantage Sony got is its Sound.Every model have bottom placed speakers. Gotta check again.

Is IPS better than VA? (in terms of quality and durability in long run )

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
IPS main advantage over VA is wider viewing angles,if you are going to sit in/near front centre of the TV then it is of no concern.VA panels have advantage of deeper blacks & higher contrast which are more advantageous for watching in dark/low light room.Quality & durability of both depends on the manufacturer of panel.

OP
H

harikiran

Broken In
IPS main advantage over VA is wider viewing angles,if you are going to sit in/near front centre of the TV then it is of no concern.VA panels have advantage of deeper blacks & higher contrast which are more advantageous for watching in dark/low light room.Quality & durability of both depends on the manufacturer of panel.
Alright ! LG has low brightness front and side view with same quality compare to Sony. While sony has high brightness and color from front and slightly dim n low color from side view but better than LG.

Compared models here is LG 43LJ817T , Sony W772E and Sony W422E(32 inch ) and Also lg have lot of noise in the sound while Sony have clear audio in lyrical point of view...

Seems like IPS isn't superior as it is. My only concern is about VA panel getting damaged or something like that during long run. If it is fail proof then i might suggest my friend to get Sony W772E which he is already interested.
And i might go with Sony W422E coz i compared it with Samsung 32 inch full HD and Samsung slightly lacks both picture and sound..And other brands are just useless in picture quality.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
All TV panels(IPS or VA) are delicate hence the advice of taking as much precaution as possible as normal warranty doesn't cover physical damage to screen.Check if there is ADP(accidental damage protection) available but I doubt it for TVs(though for laptops it is common now-a-days). Only other option to cover physical damage to TV screen is by getting some general insurance policy but that requires reading all the fine print Terms & Conditions of policy.

OP
H

harikiran

Broken In
All TV panels(IPS or VA) are delicate hence the advice of taking as much precaution as possible as normal warranty doesn't cover physical damage to screen.Check if there is ADP(accidental damage protection) available but I doubt it for TVs(though for laptops it is common now-a-days). Only other option to cover physical damage to TV screen is by getting some general insurance policy but that requires reading all the fine print Terms & Conditions of policy.

OK ! I'll check about it.

Every full HD TV have poor quality and pixelated when running HD channels though they give good colors,which is the main purpose of TV. I watched 40,43 inch TV at a distance of 7 feet and yet i can see the pixels on the TV.

TV's today are more for watching videos online or using USB or Harddisk. Until unless TV channels run on 1080p or 4k..

I think i should go with Sony 32 inch R422E 720p. HD channels look quite good and clear at a distance from 3 feet.

Visiting stores really gave me so much info about Tv's. Thank you for the info given so far.I hope my information also useful for others.

Top Bottom