Suggestion for buying gaming laptop

Banished-prince

Right off the assembly line
Hi guys. I am a computer student with a passion for gaming and animation. Recently I was about to buy the ASUS ROG GL552VW-CN426T. it has a Nvidia gtx 960m with 4gb of vram. But then i saw that the new nvidia notebook series pascal graphic cards have been released and they are far superior then the old maxwell graphic cards. Currently there is only msi offering them and they are far beyond my budget. My question is whether i should buy the laptop now or should i wait for other companies to release the new graphic cards in their laptops. My budget is about 80k ( thx dad u rock). Also i am planning on using the same laptop for my 4 years in college. Thanks in advance. Love digit

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Hi guys. I am a computer student with a passion for gaming and animation. Recently I was about to buy the ASUS ROG GL552VW-CN426T. it has a Nvidia gtx 960m with 4gb of vram. But then i saw that the new nvidia notebook series pascal graphic cards have been released and they are far superior then the old maxwell graphic cards. Currently there is only msi offering them and they are far beyond my budget. My question is whether i should buy the laptop now or should i wait for other companies to release the new graphic cards in their laptops. My budget is about 80k ( thx dad u rock). Also i am planning on using the same laptop for my 4 years in college. Thanks in advance. Love digit

If you can get somebody to bring a laptop from the US, get a XOTIC PC | Sager NP8151 (Clevo P650RP6) - 15.6" Gaming Notebook for 1229$ ~= 83k INR. (cheapest one with laptop GTX 1060) That'll save you from customs, import duties and shipping charges.

MSI India's laptop pricing is absurd (read: stupid).

You can also contact Azom and ask them about the availability of the laptop in the link above.

OP
B

Banished-prince

Right off the assembly line
Thx for the suggestion but i am in hostel and i will be needing to take my laptop to classes on some occasions. Btw if i was supposed to buy a laptop now which would be best at the 85k range?

manu_saraswat

Broken In
i am having the same dilemma .. except for the part that being in india I'm already paying 1300 $ for all these laptops..
And to my surprise the Asus ROG GL552VW is slightly cheaper her in india than the Dell Inspiron 7559 for same specs, same case for lenovo and acer models.
so since i'm paying almost the same for all these models which one do u think I should get?
what i need it for- casual gaming..don't need too much battery life just a smooth fluid bug free experience in a nice built body(I think Asus one has a metal body)

- - - Updated - - -

Best budget "gaming" laptop ~$800 - Laptops and Pre-Built Systems - Linus Tech Tip

mohit9206

Ambassador of Buzz
I think wait for GTX1050 laptops.Will launch this month maybe and it will be desktop 1050 card in a laptop.960m is just a 750Ti while 1050 will be probably more powerful than desktop 960 and cost under a lac.

manu_saraswat

Broken In
Seriously man I'd highly recommend you to wait.. I'm waiting too, the performance difference b/w current gen and the new generation is humongous.. The 1060 outperforms even the 980 of previous generation, plus the intel 7th gen processors are also right around the corner

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom