Suggestion for a config for 60K

Status
Not open for further replies.

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
One of my friends wants to buy a new PC. His budget is Rs. 60K. Here's what he's come up with so far.
Processor - C2D e6600
Mobo - Intel DG965WH Intel D975XBX NVIDIA NForce 590 SLI
RAM - 1.5GB/2GB RAM 800MHz FSB
Hard Disk - SATA 250GB/400GB
DVD RW - Lightscribe DVD ± R/RW Asus/Sony
Graphx Card - nVidia GeForce 7 Series with 256MB VRAM
Monitor - 17” Digital LCD-TFT, 1280x1024 Samsung, LG, Sony, BenQ
Keyboard + Mouse - Cordless Optical Desktop
Speakers - Creative 5.1 Speakers
TV Tuner Card and Memory Card reader.

Is it right or does he need to change anything. Mainly he'll be using the PC for gaming, surfing the net and college work. He wants something that will give him a good gaming performance.

Tech Geek

Wise Old Owl
Why can't he go for the Quad core after it releases. if it is costly go for a good graphic card.
I believe 60K is more than enoughfor a good high config.

OP
M

mehulved

Cos quad core will be more expensive and getting a balanced PC for 60K with quad core will be a bit hectic. Anyways this is his choice not mine.

samrulez

Cyborg Agent
The config rocks! But which card are you exactly going for???
Don't go for anything less than a 7600GT...

G

gxsaurav

There are a few things u should ask him first

1) His primary use, I guess this is going to be a gaming PC, as only they cost this much. Get a Geforce 7600GT with 256 MB RAM from XFX, if it's a non gaming PC then stick to the onboard GMA X3000 it's good enough to run Operating systems, even Vista & Linux with XGL

2) CPU & Motherboard are fine, unless he wants to overclock. Stick to this combination for maximum stability

3) RAM, depends on the requirment, i would say get 2X512MB DDR2 800 right now, as that will ne enough, & get another 2 X512 or 2X 1GB (sale existing RAM) later

4) Lightscribe is of no use, simply get a normal boxed or OEM Sony DRU-820A, lightscribe media is rare in indian market so why pay more for this model

5) Monitor - 17" Samsung 713N

6) Keyboard, i would say go for Microsoft wireless optical desktop elite

optumsprime

Broken In
:idea:COMING MONDAY I AM GOING TO BUY COMPUTER DETAILS ARE::rolleyes:
:cool:
C2DE6600
RAM 1 GB DDR-2 800 MHZ KINGSTON
HARD DISK= WESTERN DIGITAL
MOB=ASUS P5W DH DELUXE 975CHIPSET
POWER SUPPLY=500 W APC
UPS 600VA WIPRO
7600 GT
SONY DVD WRITER
CAB=I- BALL
MONITER=SAMSUNG CRT FLAT ''19'' Inch
KEYBOARD & MOUSE =MICROSOFT

OP
M

mehulved

Which card would be the most recommended for the config. Yeah 7600GS is the minimum that we're looking at.
This is what we have decided for now. Anything that's too out of place?
Processor – Intel Core 2 Duo e6600
Motherboard - ASUS P5N32 SLi Deluxe
Hard Disk – Seagate 250/400 GB SATA
DVD Drive – LiteOn
RAM – 2 x 1 GB @ 800MHz Corsair
Graphics Card – Nvidia GeForce XFX 7600GS/GT
Monitor – Samsung 713N
Modem and Lan Card will be inbuilt
Speakers – Creative 5.1 channel
Keyboard + Mouse – Microsoft wireless optical desktop elite
And what about tv tuner card. And please can someone see if it fits the budget.

Ch@0s

In the zone
^^That mobo sucks... also do you have a clue how much 800MHz corsair costs in india :p. Its 20k for heaven's sake... no chance he can fit it in a budget of 60k lol.

G

gxsaurav

like i said before, motherboard should depends weather u want to overclock or not, if there is going to be no overclocking then why pay more money for DS3 & others, just get the Intel motherboard

also, gaming or not, there is no point buying a 7600GS if there is no gaming

Ch@0s

In the zone
^^Purevideo/AVIVO is useful even if you are watching DVDs/movies... Its not just limited to gaming. Also if you read the first post properly, the pc IS MEANT for gaming.

Edit: Forgot to mention... does your intel mobo support RAID or Bios Fan control or eSATA or Firewire? When you have a 60k budget, its lame to buy an intel mobo unless its a 975XBX :p.

Last edited:
OP
M

mehulved

He's going to use if for gaming as I have already mentioned in my first post.
And he will be using windows and not linux. He's buying a higher end rig especially for gaming.
And how would a LCD monitor be for gaming, I have heard that LCD's aren't considered so good for gaming?

G

gxsaurav

then 7600GT is good. Gone are the days when LCDs were bad for gaming, now if a LCD has below or upto 16ms responce time, u won't notice anything, new LCDs also have 10 & 8 ms responce time, thats instant anyway

got for samsung 713N monitor

Ch@0s

In the zone
I'm talking about 2GB not 1GB.... 2GB of 6400C4 is 20.4+tax. Who's gonna buy 1GB of ram for a gaming machine anyway :p. That itself is a waste of money in my opinion considering the fact that newer revisions of corsair use shitty promos chips instead of micron d9gmh. They suck totally at overclocking. Also considering the fact that you can have CellShock 1000MHz 4-4-4 Micron D9GKX ram delivered to india for 19k, all these corsair prices are complete rubbish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom