Suggest some Light Distro

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
saurabh kakkar

saurabh kakkar

D i s t i n c t l y Ahead
I am running puppy linux in Virtual PC 2007 on Windows XP . My virtual RAM is 100Mb. I cannot get my Logitech PS2 optical mouse to work inside puppy. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
^^^ I think you should edit your xorg.cong
As root:
nano /etc/X11/xorg.conf

And set correct mouse settings? For instance mine (in Arch) is:
Code:
Section "ServerLayout"
	Identifier     "Xorg Configured"
	Screen      0  "Screen0" 0 0
	InputDevice    "Keyboard0" "CoreKeyboard"
	InputDevice    "PS/2 Mouse" "CorePointer"
EndSection

TBH I am not much experienced with Puppy so cannnot help further.

OP
saurabh kakkar

saurabh kakkar

After encountering mouse Undetection problem in puppy 4.1.2
I downloaded puppy 2.1.6 to gave a try and to my surprise it detected my mouse :D
I m using puppy linux 2.1.6 on Virtual Pc 2007 but I m unable to use internet it is not able to detect my MTNL broadband earlier i had used DSL and ubuntu both detected my MTNL Broadband out of box what shud i do ??

vaithy

In the zone
O.K. Go for Moon OS which is based on Ubuntu but uses LXDE and enlightment DE but has the bell and whistles of regular Heavyweight like KDE..Lxde and Enlightment aare very light on your system

*farm4.static.flickr.com/3590/3283623619_cc52e16e5c_m.jpg *farm4.static.flickr.com/3349/3273452797_68b303bcc5_m.jpg

*farm4.static.flickr.com/3624/3284449398_ffe66e36ee_m.jpg *farm4.static.flickr.com/3584/3283629023_26f61124cb_m.jpg

anurag_bhd

May the Force be with you
From the screenshots, Moon OS is looking like a pretty nice distro. I also happened to read about it today on the DistroWatch Weekly.

vaithy

In the zone
Puppy is a good choice for old hardware but many applications are still in old version..But in case you want to amaze your friend with your old hardware with Puppy there is a way out!! this thing called 'Puplet' which means' little darlings of puppy'. Actually they are not little compare to puppy but simply a remastered Puppy with added / customised puppy for special purpose, some puplets has more than 700 mb ISO
here some examples: PupFluxLite
*www.puppylinux.org/files/images/pfl-default.jpg

At 84 mb, this fluxbox version of Puppy is very quick. It has gnumeric and abiword and a couple of other things removed, including JWM. download here

2. Growler

*www.puppylinux.org/files/images/growler2.jpg

This one kept the kid's in mind for their Gaming but 635MB download here

there are still some good puplets are there for more information visit here
U see I am wasting more precious bandwith here

Happy Linux!!

vaithy

OP
saurabh kakkar

saurabh kakkar

^^ thanks buddy for this valuable input I m already using
Macpup 412 puplets with my own Customization :)
will post screenshot soon
IMO Puppy Linux is one one of the best Distro with lots of applications nd gud Documentation support and very active forum ofcourse after ubuntu :)

Thanks everyone for there suggestions

Regards
saurabh kakkar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom