Suggest PC Configuration Urgently

digyourpc

Broken In
1. What is the purpose of the computer? (Note: If you are planning to say multimedia, you will have to be more specific as all types of systems are capable of doing that)
A: Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Net Surfing, Gaming, Software Development, etc , but most importantly I do multitask a lot :lol:

2. Are you open to alternate ideas/products giving similar better performance but offering more VFM/ sellers? If not- why?
A: Yes

3. What is your MAX budget?
A:35k-40k (without graphics card and monitor)

4. Planning to overclock?
A: Yes

5. Which OS are you planning to use?
A: Dual boot Windows 7 & Ubuntu

6. How much hard drive space is needed?
A: Already have 1tb and 250gb hard disk drives

7. What resolution will the screen run at & whats the size of the screen you want? If you already want have one and want to use it, mention its resolution and size.
A: Currently will be used on 17' LCD Monitor at a resolution of 1280*1024

8. How would you rate your hardware knowledge from the count of 1-10? (1 being the lowest, 5 being you are somewhat in sync with the current performers and 10 being the highest)
A: 7.5

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
A: Will do assembling myself :)

10. When are you planning to buy the system?
A: Either before 9th Sep or by the end of the Sep

11. Are you one of the types looking out for "future proof" configurations?
A: Yep, need a future proof rig for at least 5 years

12. Are there going to be any components that you don't want to include in this new rig? If yes, do mention.
A: I don't need keyboard, mouse, speakers, monitor, hard disk drive, ups and graphics card. Already have all other components and will buy a powerful graphics card later on along with 24 inch monitor, but, not now.

13. Which city do you live in and are you open to buying from shops from other city/states?
A: I will buy it only from Nehru Place.

14. Mention any other points if deemed necessary
A: I have the following configuration in my mind

Processor: i7 2600k @ 15900
Mobo: MSI Z68A GD65 (G3) @ 10800
Ram: G.Skill Ripjaws 1600Mhz 4GB @ 1650
Cabinet: NZXT Tempest Evo @ 5700
PSU: Corsair GS600 @4000
DVD Writer: Not Sure (Suggest me a good one)

[I also need hdmi cable and a pen drive under this budget, if possible....]

About the configuration mentioned above, I have following doubts in my mind:

1. Will GS600 be able to handle all the components mentioned above including 2-3 sata hard disk drive, 6 case fans and a powerful graphics card (priced around 15k)? I won't do sli or crossfire...

2. I have Microtech Safe Power 600VA ups, will it be able to handle the load of this rig, don't need much backup time, just enough time to shut down the system.

3. Since, I am not buying graphics card now, so will Intel integrated HD Graphics 3000 be able to handle little bit of graphics work in photoshop and gaming at low mid settings on my 17 inch monitor?
Want to play games like gta 4 and other old titles.......

4. Will I need an aftermarket cooler for i7 2600k, I will run it at stock speed for now.

Please HELP!!

Regards,_____

Cilus

laborare est orare
The price of the components you've chosen is 38K, overshooting your budget. Also for overclocking 2600K you need a decent aftermarket CPU cooler like N620, priced @ 2.5K.
I think you should go with 2500K @10.8K.

OP
D

digyourpc

Broken In
The price of the components you've chosen is 38K, overshooting your budget. Also for overclocking 2600K you need a decent aftermarket CPU cooler like N620, priced @ 2.5K.
I think you should go with 2500K @10.8K.

Will i7 2600k work fine with stock cpu fan and heat sink running at stock speed?
I am not going to overclock i7 2600k at the moment, but, when I will overclock it I will buy an aftermarket cpu cooler.

Also, if possible please help me clarify all 4 doubts that I have mentioned above...

Thanks

Cilus

laborare est orare
Ya, you can run 2600K with the stock cooler if you don't overclock it.

GS600 can handle your projected rig very well and you can add a Graphics card like HD 6950, GTX 560 Ti to it with GS600

Until GPU is not added, I think your UPS can provide enough time to shut it down. Buy the rig 1st and check how much backup time your UPS is providing. If it is too small then get Intex 1KVA UPS, priced around 2K.

At 1280X1024 resolution, games will run with lower details in your Intel HD 3000 Graphics and Photoshop work is also very much possible. Infact since i7 2600K is a Hyper Threaded CPU and can run 8 threads simultaneously, Photoshop, a highly mutithreaded application will run fluently.

For overclocking i7 2600K you must use an aftermarket cooler.

jagdish

Journeyman
digmypc, your configuration is pretty good go for it:)for dvd writter go for lg they are pretty good.

OP
D

digyourpc

Broken In
Bought Corsair GS600 @3900 from nehru place today :razz:, failed to find nzxt tempest evo :x I will get rest of the components after shradh now....:|

Top Bottom