Suggest PC Build around 90k without gpu

MrinalRoy

Broken In
I want a PC HTC vive ready and with 4k monitor. I will buy gtx 1070 after a month, so for now suggest me a build without gpu around 90k INR.
My city- Kolkata
Chosen cpu- I5 6500
Chosen Ram- CORSAIR 8GB DDR4 2400 MHz

So suggest me some cabinet, 4k monitor, mobo which is HTV vive ready and supports gtx 1070, HDD, PSU and others.
Thanks in advance.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Please answer these
*forum.digit.in/pc-components-confi...new-pc-help-answer-these-questions-first.html

OP
M

MrinalRoy

Broken In
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: Wanna play witcher 3 at 4k and for Vive support.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: My budget is Rs 90,000 and i cannot extend anymore.

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: NO

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Windows 10 but you dont have to include the OS in my build.

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: 1 tb, ssd if possible to include in my build.

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: Screen size- atleast 24 inches with 1440p (144Hz if possible).

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: I dont want to buy GPU.

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: Right now.

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: No, its my first time.

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Kolkata and yes I have bought stuff from online.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: Nothing else

Last edited:

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
At 4k even the 1080 SLI can't play Witcher 3 at 60fps ultra
A 4k monitor itself might cost 50k and above.

Best thing is to go for a 1440p setup, gtx 1070 will work without hairworks.

nac

Aspiring Novelist
:+1:

If you wanna overclock, you will need K processor and OC-able board, after market cooler, better PSU and with 4k monitor, would sure overshoot your budget.

shekharSHASHANK

Journeyman
At 4k even the 1080 SLI can't play Witcher 3 at 60fps ultra
A 4k monitor itself might cost 50k and above.

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 SLI Review | techPowerU

I guess you can get 60+ avg ultra at 1080 SLI in witcher 3.But what they didnt show was the frames vs time graph, so its actually hard to estimate how much stutter or lag was observed.

Also you can get the Samsung LUD24 4K at 41k at mdcomputers.But then it is like the super cheap 4K monitor, but still it has strong recommendations from people all around. But then its the only budget 4K monitors available. Rest all cost 50k+, just as you said.

Also to op dont go for 4K, its not a smart choice. If you are planning to get 1070, stick to 1080P and get the XL2420G.
It will be much more worth you money.

OP
M

MrinalRoy

Broken In
Thanks for your insights guys. Then few changes on parts, 1st a 1440p monitor and as i said the 90k budget is for everything else besides the gpu. Think of my budget as 1.3 L and 40k has already been went to gpu and I need to buy all the other parts now.

- - - Updated - - -

Also I already have a 1080p monitor. So what should I do guys?
Option 1- Buy 1070 now and buy the 1440 monitor a month later?
Option 2- Buy the 1440p monitor now and Buy the 1070 Later?

The custom gtx 1070 hasn't been in Indian market yet, like the Asus Strix or Evga ones. So will it be better to buy the gpu next month?

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Also I already have a 1080p monitor. So what should I do guys?
Option 1- Buy 1070 now and buy the 1440 monitor a month later?
Option 2- Buy the 1440p monitor now and Buy the 1070 Later?
Yeah, you can buy 1070 after few months. Since you already have a monitor, buying 1440p monitor now or later is your choice.

Top Bottom