Suggest new cabinet

OP
Nerevarine

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Congratulations .. Did you assemble the set up ? If so can you please share some pics of the top portion of the cabinet - if possible with side panel removed.

Want to see clearance between top fan mount and top portion of the motherboard.
Hey sorry I totally forgot about this, ill post pics once i reach home..

OP
Nerevarine

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Actually decided upon deepcool dukase v3, keep getting confused about the name.

Full setup

*i.imgur.com/G7yhsua.jpg

@topgear
Clearance Space
*i.imgur.com/QHrOUpe.jpg

One downside of this cabinet is it doesnt have top fan filters ! Gotta buy them by your own. So please take that into consideration.!

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Actually decided upon deepcool dukase v3, keep getting confused about the name.

Full setup

*i.imgur.com/G7yhsua.jpg

@topgear
Clearance Space
*i.imgur.com/QHrOUpe.jpg

One downside of this cabinet is it doesnt have top fan filters ! Gotta buy them by your own. So please take that into consideration.!

Thanks for the pic ... enough clearance for finger movement.

sandynator

Cyborg Agent
Nerevarine
Hi bro I found that you were using Deepcool TESSERACT & I would like to know your experience with it especially thermal performance.
I have similar requirements of minimum three 3.5 inch HDD bays [Four convertible bays would be gr8] & dedicated two 2.5 inch SSD bays, Built in fans would be gr8, all mesh cover over fan placement & Mid tower cabinet in compact form factor in order to place inside wooden cabinet under the table .

I had Thermaltake Versa J24 RGB in mind & can get it around 4.6k through thermaltake sales person directly from Mumbai but there is bit of confusion in spec sheet mentioned. The decription on website shows three 3.5 inch bays while in Manual it mentions as only two 3.5 inch bays. In images too only two 3.5 inch bays shown so after asking for confirmation some technical guy from TT mentioned I can put in three 3.5 inch HDDS[one at bottom] & two 2.5 inch but I could not figure it out correctly. I cannot travel that far away to check during lockdown.

My second option is Antec GX 505 from Prime ABGB but its almost 5 days & no confirmation of availability from them.

Planning to use the case for 6 yrs +.

Any other suggestions under 5k with fans option & mesh covers welcome.
whitestar_999 bro any suggestions?

Last edited:
OP
Nerevarine

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Tesseract is a great budget cabinet, 2 front bay fans, all mesh, plenty of room indoors. Cable management space is little lacking but that is to be expected.
You can also use the 5.25 bays to mount 3.5 inch/2.5 inch hdd ssd provided you buy appropriate adapters.
It got a major dent when i shipped it from my home city to pune (damn the couriers)
Im currently using Deepcool Dukase v3 for aesthetic purposes. I think tesseract was better at cooling though because of mesh.

sandynator

Cyborg Agent

Thanks a lot bro I think I got what I wanted. Now just want to see the availability as well as shipping from overclockerszone. Zero shipping charge to Mumbai? I doubt here....
I guess 2 fans included so 2 required to buy, also no top mesh cover so need to buy it separately.

Nerevarine How is the top clearance? Can 2 fans be placed on top if using M ATX board?

Will be upgrading to Ryzen 3 or Ryzen 5 within 2 yrs with M ATX board only.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think it is better if you order from amazon during oct sale as overclockerszone also sell on amazon I think. Meshed front panel is always better in Indian climate conditions for better cooling.

OP
Nerevarine

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Thanks a lot bro I think I got what I wanted. Now just want to see the availability as well as shipping from overclockerszone. Zero shipping charge to Mumbai? I doubt here....
I guess 2 fans included so 2 required to buy, also no top mesh cover so need to buy it separately.

Nerevarine How is the top clearance? Can 2 fans be placed on top if using M ATX board?

Will be upgrading to Ryzen 3 or Ryzen 5 within 2 yrs with M ATX board only.
I mounted two fans on top with normal ATX Mobo, so no issue there, tesseract has integrated fan filters I think. But check in reviews I don't remember the case

sandynator

Cyborg Agent
Thanks a lot.
Now I am just hoping that the front USB ports & Audio connectors of Deepcool TESSERACT are of good quality & not like circle or other budget cabinets which fails within a year or two.

OP
Nerevarine

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Sandy, that is also one disadvantage of deepcool tesseract, my front audio died for some reason. Usb port worked fine. My mic port was working, so I switched the ports internally in Mobo so I could have front channel audio

Top Bottom