Suggest needed for Processor and Mobo

Tenida

Gadget Freak
Please suggest me only processor and motherboard (AMD system). This week my 5 years old Desktop just went kaput. processor Intel core i7 2600K's connector got burnt out dunno the reason had Cpu cooler. Had Coolermaster V6Gt cooler, Corsair GS700 SMPS and APC 1.1KVA Ups and never overclocked the processor. How the hell did this happened :(

RIP Autobot Bumblebee 2011-2016
*i.imgur.com/cur6gzQ.jpg

So Guys just suggest me a good one so that i can build the system with the remaining component. And I have no knowledge about the AMD system

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: Web browsing, watching 1080P movies, casual gaming(older games), MS office.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: 8k

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: No

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: MS Windows 8.1
5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: Have 1TB HDD

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: Already have 22inch monitor. Resolution: 1080P

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: I just need motherboard and processor

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: This weekend

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: By me.

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Locally, Kolkata

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: Please suggest me AMD processor and motherboard.

quicky008

Technomancer
Don't know about AMD but if you're not willing to spend anything more than Rs 8000,you should consider sticking with intel:

Pentium G3240 :Rs 3780
Asus H81 M-D:Rs 3869

Amd does have a few cpus in the sub 5k segment but i think they're rather underpowered as compared to intel's offerings within the same price bracket.Therefore i reckon going for intel would be a better idea.

Last edited:

saswat23

Human Spambot
How did the processor get burnt? :scared_NF:
See if you manage to get a 2nd hand 2nd/3rd gen i5/i7 processor around 4-5k. That would be better IMO.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Intel Core i3 4150 -7000,
Gigabyte B85M-D3H -5500.
TOTAL -12,500.

Increase your budget and get the above setup. As the i3 has 2 real & 2 virtual cores its considered to be Quad Core. So go with it.

Top Bottom