Suggest me the Best way to reduce phone bill?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

q3_abhi

Youngling
Can u tell me the best way to reduce the phone bill?????

1.B-phone line.
2. Broadband.
3. or anything else

Becoz i have dial-up connection with 28.8 Kbps modem.

So i get huge phone bills like 2000/- n n out of it 1000 of net.

Pls help me..

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
yup if u pay 2000PM for 28.8KBPS.. then realy should think of other ways.... as u have the Bphone then can opt 4 DataOne but only if ur telephone exchange have the facility...

DataOne BSNL Tarrif

other ways go for a CDMA (RIL/TATAindicom) connection... u will get 115KBPS (MAX) normaly around 80-90 kbps....

RIL Rconnect Tariff

Tata Indicom Tariff

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
Best will be Reliance Platinum Plan: 1500 /- per month with unlimited download.
I'm currently under this plan and quite satisfied with it!

rollcage

AMD user for 9 yrs!!
Hey Abhi ...

I gave you two options earlier .. GPRS & Broadband
So, Better of the two in terms of speed will be broadband

q3_abhi said:
B-phone line
Whats are the Charges?

I saw the tarriff of the BSNL .. It is certainly cheaper than MTNL

*img162.imageshack.us/img162/5256/dataonetarriff7am.jpg

Of the above .. the Home-500 plan is impresive ..

Same plans in mtnl .. has half data available .. BSNL Broadband is good..

Only bad thing with the Mtnl & Bsnl is they dont give you unlimited data download during the day :(

So, When you use the data during free time make sure .. you log in after 0200 and logout bef 0800

But .. Is it really possible to use the internet at those ODD Hours .. I guess not

Thats what stopin me to shift from Gprs to Mtnl ..
Moreover they dont have any good plans

anyway..

Since, Data One is available in your city now.
for you It will be a big jump in speed :lol:

gycapri

Broken In
i used to do net atleast 2 hrs daily by dial up & the bill was 2800 rs so i took bsnl broadband 250 rs home scheme but i used net only 5 to 6 days with 2 to 3 hrs each & when i checked usage it gone to 220mb & im allowed only 400mb,im vry confused how it can be so much usage bcoz from this forum i came to know that 2 hrs daily in a month doesn't cost much & is more than sufficient 400mb for leaving download!!! now im thinking wat i got from broadband "just speed" whereas my bill still going right that way !!!!

mariner

Ambassador of Buzz
if u r in mumbai u might want to try exactnet or hathway. i got a hathway 256kpbs line with unlimited downloads for 995/mnth.

Charley

Just Do It
cvvikram said:
You can also try for Airtel Offers...they are pretty good and competative.

Many Airtel users and shifting over to BSNL[Dataone],its pretty bad here for Airtel.

mariner said:
if u r in mumbai u might want to try exactnet or hathway. i got a hathway 256kpbs line with unlimited downloads for 995/mnth.

But comparing to BSNL[Dataone], its costly as BSNL has free time usage between 2-8 am and then 1GB limit which I presume is sufficient.

mariner

Ambassador of Buzz
achacko@dataone.in said:
mariner said:

But comparing to BSNL[Dataone], its costly as BSNL has free time usage between 2-8 am and then 1GB limit which I presume is sufficient.

point noted sir ! but my downloads do exceed 1gb. plus the advantage that i do not have to pay for the six months i m sailing ! my account is just suspended and reactivated when i come back.

all these at no extra costs.also no rental for the modem.they gave it to me for free!

Charley

Just Do It
mariner said:
plus the advantage that i do not have to pay for the six months i m sailing ! my account is just suspended and reactivated when i come back.

all these at no extra costs.also no rental for the modem.they gave it to me for free!

If it so, that is a gud one for u. But for the thread poster I wudnt recommend ur ISP. :)

jack// ani

In the zone
rollcage said:
So, When you use the data during free time make sure .. you log in after 0200 and logout bef 0800

But .. Is it really possible to use the internet at those ODD Hours .. I guess not

Your post puts me into serious trouble.....I thought I will put on my pc on at about 12:00am and go for a sleep......scheduling all my download in between 2:00am to 8:00am. Will this not be considered as free download???? Please reply.....this is really ugrent or I'll get a HUGE bill this time......from where did you came to know about his fact??

Charley

Just Do It
jack// ani said:
Your post puts me into serious trouble.....I thought I will put on my pc on at about 12:00am and go for a sleep......scheduling all my download in between 2:00am to 8:00am. Will this not be considered as free download???? Please reply.....this is really ugrent or I'll get a HUGE bill this time......from where did you came to know about his fact??

Didnt u see the picture he posted in the same thread above that 2am-8am is free and unlimited which means u will not be charged.

jack// ani

In the zone
achacko@dataone.in said:
Didnt u see the picture he posted in the same thread above that 2am-8am is free and unlimited which means u will not be charged.

Of cource I can see it, but his statement is some what confusing...........he said you should *login after 2:00am* and *logout before 8:00am*, dosen't that makes any difference.......with what I said in my eariler post!!!

Charley

Just Do It
U guys sort out the differences. All I want to say is that 2-8am is the happiest time for those who wanna to surf or dl or u/l ....

<< Cheeers >>

rohanbee

Padawan
he probably meant log out before 8.00 am and not log out after (that would make no sense. It was probably a typo, so i guess what you need to do is log in at say 2.05 and log out a bit before 8.00 at say 7.50am or something,
i say the above cause the bsnl watch might not be synchronised to yours and you might start getting billed !! so better check the data one fine print for the actual details or it could say something like if you are online before 2.00 and do not log out you will be charged as if you had no free hours". So better be carefull and smart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom