Suggest me an OS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Star

Cyborg Agent
Hey all
Am fed up with Ubuntu atm :mad: The apt-get missing error now shook me badly can you plz suggest me a dif.. OS I am planning for open Suse 10.2 .. a debian based osn't it ? :-| SO plz tell me which debian 1 should I go for ;)

Regards

OP
Dark Star

Dark Star

Cyborg Agent
^^ I know that bro.. but apt-get missing erro .. shook me badly :x see I have installled it nearly 10 times on PC sometime due to grub missing soe time due to something .. blahblahblah . :xSo downloading open SUSE 10.2 .. Is it debian based ?:?

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
you wanna try a new debian basic os? mempis is great.... or why don't you install debian itself? btw, open suse is NOT debian based.

saurabh.sauron

Ambassador of Buzz
not based on anything, though it can be compared to fedora. it uses it's own packaging system. it supports RPM.

Sykora

I see right through you.
If you haven't tried fedora, then try it. There are others you can go for, but if you want an OS for normal use (ie not experimentation), go for F7.

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
Try Debian, trust me its rock solid & stable distro
also now the installing has become easy for newbies, because of migration to GUI from CLI in the latest release.
hoever if you like the text based mode, its still there.

vish786

"The Gentleman"
Shashwat Pant said:
^^ Then Based on?
a decade ago, it was based on slackware, then was based on Jurix distribution.
but now its based on nothing.
Suse stands on its own base working with rpm package.

1998 src1.
src2

Last edited:

skghosh44

dig_boy_dig,dig !
You are all talking about Linux distros. My I please know what is the minimum system configuration to install Fedora 7.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom