Suggest me a TV within 40k to 60k range...

rider

as Kratos
dunno about chip magazine but for me feature of samsung like .mkv support via USB is really important not starting days, which lacks in sony bravia. FOr this user have to spend 4-5k for external USB player device. Both LEDs will look same after the purchase, +- 10% doesn't matter practically, the main thing is size, features and after sales the difference in panel can only be differentiated in showrooms.

randomuser111

Technomancer
^
Do you realize Samsung TV after sales is quite poor ? Also they only come with 1 year warranty and no option of extending warranty. Whereas Sony you can get 3 years warranty for just 3000Rs. So tell me which is better now in terms of after sales "expenses" ?

Paying 10000+ for any defect in the Samsung model after 1 year or paying Rs.3000 and have peace of mind for 3 years with Sony ?

And as for mkv support I already posted there is no need to buy HD media player but a simple trick will allow mkv playback on Sony Tvs.

Also if PQ difference cannot be seen why is OP even buying Sony/Samsung. Let him buy VU or Croma or Haier or Videocon/Onida much larger size for cheaper.

Last edited:

rider

as Kratos
lol, just because it comes with one year warranty you can't claim the poor after sales, example apple macbook comes with 1 year warranty, quality products doesn't need big warranties to struggle in competition, they sale in market with normal warranty not include much offers to make customer happy. I don't know any samsung LED which get some issue after warranty, though its an electronic product anything can happen, but generally if any defected piece come in the box it gets is changed easily. I'm ending discussion let the user chose his LED TV.

Last edited:

randomuser111

Technomancer
@ axelzdly1

Unfortunately there are very less reviews of the EX650 but I found one anyway and let's compare the 40EX650 which costs 65k with Samsung 55ES8000 which costs 2.4 lac Rs.

Contrast

EX650 - 2180:1
ES8000 - 1960:1

Black Level
EX650 - 0.10 cd/m2
ES8000 - 0.11 cd/m2

Gamma
EX650 - 3.9/5
ES8000 - 4.6/5

DeltaE
EX650 - 3.3
ES8000 - 3.1

Viewing Angles
EX650 - 1.6/5
ES8000 - 1.2/5

Average Discrepancy across Panel
EX650 - 10%
ES8000 - 10%

Clouding
EX650 - 5/5
ES8000 - 3/5

Overall 2D PQ
EX650 - 3/5
ES8000- 3/5

Source : DigitalVersus

The figures in bold are better.

As you can see if we compare a mid range Sony LED to the most expensive high end Samsung TV for 2012, the Sony mid range model has better contrast ratio and better black levels as well as better screen uniformity. Overall score for 2D PQ is also same on both 3 out of 5 points.

So when the Samsung flagship itself cannot convincingly beat the EX650 then you can get a good idea how good the Samsung mid range model must be :p

NOTE: Samsung has finally launched extended warranty option in India for TVs but the prices are quite steep. For 2 years warranty you need to pay Rs.11640 and Rs.16860 for 3 years EXCLUDING VAT & Service Tax.

Last edited:

Minion

Conversation Architect
+1 for Panasonic UT50.. i will definetly consider it as an option..

my parents are not willing to risk such huge money online..i think u can understand..

and to see the original picture of my DISHTV channels, i have to go unstreching and the image looks like this ? pillarboxing..?

View attachment 6596

and the HDMI cable works only for the HD channels..?
am i correct?

**i think im being tooo annoying wid my queries..**
:oops:

so here are my options..

*Feature Rich
Buy Samsung 40 Inch SLIM LED TV 40ES5600, 40 Inch LED Price, Best LED India - Infibeam.com

*Brand Image & MotionFlow , Bravia display engine
Sony WiFi TV | 40" EX640 LED Internet TV | KDL-40EX640 | Sony USA

*First impression
LG 42LS4600 LED LCD TV - Full HD 1080p LED LCD TV with Supreme Picture Quality - LG Electronics IN

*3D and basic-everything
Panasonic TC-P42UT50 - NEW! VIERA 42 Class UT50 Series Full HD 3D Plasma HDTV (41.9 Diag.) - Technical Specifications

what now bros..? how should i advance,..? HELP MEEE!!!
:banghead:

You have not change aspect ratio change it to 16:9 and pic to fit screen or stretch.

^
Quick facts :D

1. Samsung is less reliable than Sony and usually Samsung TVs get problems after the warranty period and their after sales is horrible. If you need proof I can give you, as I always do ;)

2. Sony offers extended warranty option for Bravia TVs whereas there is no such option in Samsung. LG offers AMC on TVs but its much more expensive than Sony extended warranty.

3. Samsung is not the leader in LED Tvs in India, Sony sells more LCD/LED-LCD Tvs in Indian than Samsung plasma + LCD/LED-LCD combined.

monolithic design)

Sony can't decode DTS or can play MKV files:wink:

@rider

I could say the same for you ;)
And why don't you give me proof to backup your claim that Samsung has more natural colors than Sony. Otherwise your "opinion" is as good as mine buddy. And yea now if I give you links to a dozen reviews declaring the EX520 2011 model to have better color, black levels, uniformity,motion and contrast than the equivalent Samsung model you're gonna start saying all those review sites are biased :p

P.S. Thank god this is not a TV forum, otherwise people would have really laughed at your statement there about Samsung having more natural colors than Bravia LoL. If you wanna have a go I could give you a link, post this comment there and see the replies :D

Cool down guys it is not like sony is good samsung is bad they both have very good models and very bad one too so instead of being brand centric we should suggest OP the best model for him.

Last edited:
Top Bottom