Suggest me a nVidia 4 C2D & DG965RY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Innovator

Broken In
Hi Friends,

I recently bot C2D E6300, DG965RY, Trancend 1 GB DDR2 667Mhz and a 200 GB SATA II HDD. When I installed Prince Of Persia Warrior Within, I saw that my GMA X3000 of 965 is not enough (got xp sp2 with DX 9c). The subtitles were blur with breaks. So am planning for a nVidia card. Am not a Big Gamer but want to njoy few nice games like Q4, FEAR, BF2 & POP. Also am .NET Professional and planning to install Vista OS. So, keeping in view all these thinks plz suggest me a cheap n best card with which i can njoy the games. my budget is 5K. Also am planning for MS Xbox 360 Controller for Windows (wireless) gaming pad, what do you say? how is that product.

Thanks
Dev

Edburg

In the zone
Well ur GMA X3000 should work perfectly well with POP:WW .

Its just the drivers for it which are in an immature state without enabling all of the features.It should be able to play almost all current games at low resol;ution when drivers come full. It is supposed to be the fastest integ graphics though slower than low range graphic cards.

I have an integ Intel Extreme Graophis 2 in 865G with a mere 256MB ram and i am able to play POP:ww and POP:2 thrones at lower settings

Update ur driver at the intel website though final version is not yet available

montylee

Journeyman
Yup, Edburg is right. The current driver does all the rendering stuff thru Software. A new driver version will be released in December which will enable Direct 3D thru hardware. Another update will be in January and around March X3000 will be complete DirectX 9.0C compliant option.

U shd wait for a few months (play with ur existing on-board card) and after that buy a DirectX 10.0 based card.

OP
I

Innovator

Broken In
Thanks for your valuable replies.... Good to hear that my X3000 is good enough. I shall update my drives next month and wait untill march to go for a DX10.0 card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom