Suggest me a good GPU

jai007

Right off the assembly line
Hello guys, I'm thinking to buy a new GPU that costs around 3.5k. I've picked nvidia GT430 and ATI HD 5570. Please suggest me good one from these and if you know any other GPUs better than the above two at the given price range, please list them. Thank you.

My system specs:

CPU: Intel core 2 duo 1.8 GHz
Mboard: Intel D946GZIS
RAM: Transcend 2GB DDR2
Max screen res: 1024*1280
PSU: Mercury AP-2400 (400 Watts)

Last edited:

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
About upgrading your PSU, yes, you should consider it.
About having issues with motherboard, I doubt that.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ OP - make sure you have the latest bios version installed for the mobo and as for PSu can you mention the Amp rating of the +12v rail - you can find it on the PSu label.

OP
J

jai007

@ OP - make sure you have the latest bios version installed for the mobo and as for PSu can you mention the Amp rating of the +12v rail - you can find it on the PSu label.
Hey, can you tell me how to install latest BIOS version for mobo? I haven't changed BIOS settings since I purchased it.
Coming to PSU, I'm posting the pic. See this>>> psu.jpg

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
that PSu should be enough for your config with a HD5570.

Coming to the bios update well, it varies from manufacturer to manufacturer - some needs to copy the bio file on a USB/Floppy drive for update and sme other provides software to update bos from within windows - get your bios version by using cpuz app ( motherboard tab ) - now go to mobo manufacturer website to downland latest bios and follow the instruction written on the motherboard manual.

OP
J

jai007

that PSu should be enough for your config with a HD5570.

Coming to the bios update well, it varies from manufacturer to manufacturer - some needs to copy the bio file on a USB/Floppy drive for update and sme other provides software to update bos from within windows - get your bios version by using cpuz app ( motherboard tab ) - now go to mobo manufacturer website to downland latest bios and follow the instruction written on the motherboard manual.

Hey, shall I check if the card works on my mobo without updating BIOS first? Or the update is mandatory now?

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
updating bios is not mandatory .. you should first try the gfx card without any bios updates .. if the card works fine no need for update - if not only then think about a bios update.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
Hey, shall I check if the card works on my mobo without updating BIOS first? Or the update is mandatory now?

IMO, if your syetm is running without any problem, there is no need to upgrade the BIOS unless it is ultra old.

Top Bottom