Suggest me a Gaming Rig for playing games at 1080p

Status
Not open for further replies.

sridatta

An Esoteric Geek
Hi everyone

I am currently outdated with latest specs & benchmarks of gfx cards & gaming rigs, and so is my desktop. I am planning to buy a gaming rig. I have a 24" Dell monitor in home that can support 1920 * 1200 max resolution. Please suggest me a rig at 30-35K which can play a few games at this resolution. Do I really get one for this budget?

Also, considering the PS3/XBOX as an option, pls suggest which one would be better. I am not a hardcore gamer, but would love to play games with my friends. (I mean, multi-player games are my target). I might also buy a HDTV later this year!

Thanks in advance!

PS: I am from Bangalore

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
If you have 35K budget and only want to play games in the PC.. It's better to go with the console.

With 35K i would easily recommend a PS3.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Get a PS3 if you have such a huge budget at your disposal. 30-35k for an entire PC rig to play games @1080p resolutions isn't enough. The exclusive line up for PS3 is going to be pretty good this year. I can count only a hand full of titles which are exclusive to the 360 at this point.

OP
sridatta

sridatta

An Esoteric Geek
Get a PS3 if you have such a huge budget at your disposal. 30-35k for an entire PC rig to play games @1080p resolutions isn't enough. The exclusive line up for PS3 is going to be pretty good this year. I can count only a hand full of titles which are exclusive to the 360 at this point.
I would love to have PS3..

I am not crazy about first-person shooter games.. Does PS3 have good collection of other types of games?

Would PS3 be future proof for another 2-3 years?

Are LCD TV's with NTSC Support available in india? (I was exploring the option of getting a PS3 console from US. Looks like it is a very bad idea though :( )

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
PS3 for another 2-3 years. I bet, it would be alive and kicking for more than 3years :)

LCD TV's here support PAL not sure about NTSC. For proper warranty etc, get it in India.

List of PS3 games: *en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_PlayStation_3_games

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot
LCD TV available here support both PAL, NTSC and even SECAM. PS3 is a good future proof option but its running cost will be high as the Blu-Rays are nowhere cheap. As for playing with your friends, they too gotta have PS3 or such a game which is cross-platform.
If you want to stick to a PC then to build a machine that can do 1080p@60FPS, *s269.photobucket.com/albums/jj44/visio159/Unismilies/12.png
the GPu for that purpose alone might be well over 20K and for such a powerhouse graphics solution u'll need mo' bigger PSU, Processor and loads of RAM. :)

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
I am not crazy about first-person shooter games.. Does PS3 have good collection of other types of games?
What genre are we talking here? It has a varied collection.

Would PS3 be future proof for another 2-3 years?
Yes.

Are LCD TV's with NTSC Support available in india? (I was exploring the option of getting a PS3 console from US. Looks like it is a very bad idea though :( )
Better get a PS3 from India. You have the option to get an extended warranty from Croma showrooms for an additional cost of Rs. 750. Most LCD's support Multi-System these days. There have been some reports of Blu-Ray drive going kaput, so get one with an Indian warranty. Else the replacement will be pain in the ass.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Yes you can. Provided you have 2 controllers, you can play co-op games like, Army of Two, Mortal Kombat V/S DC Universe, Resident Evil 5, Street Fighter IV etc. on the same console.

max_demon

IM AS MAD AS HELL!!
Playstation 3
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
Playstation 3

Also You can Hook up your Dell 24" Monitor with PS3 to enjoy full HD .
PS3 will have a longer life than any present graphic card atm

Last edited:

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Won't make much of a difference as only a handful of games natively provide 1080p resolutions. Else it would just be upscaling the standard 720p based games. :wink:

soul_reaver

bored wit life in general
go fr phenom x4 940... theres a asus motherboard too whos name i frgt.. u can go fr msi options too... also 4gb ram... a 650W cooler master n a decent casing... 3 fans atleast and well look fr a decent graphics card... u shud find nice 1s.... check the prices fr them online... go desktop dude... they r still cool.. thou the shift to consoles r inevitable... u can buy wired or wireless xbox controllers.. they r 1050 or 1500/- bucks only...

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
with PC setup to play games at 1080p, I can buy XBX 360 Elite + 25 original games or PS3 + 20 original games
Posted again:
considering that you spend 50k for the pc setup

Last edited:

W i d e S c r e e N

Ambassador of Buzz
I own a similar display. I use a
nVidia 8800GT 512MB,
amd 4200+ @ 2.1ghz x2,
2GB, XP SP3

I game most games on 1920x1200 with pretty decent frames. and this is an age old config of PC and mobo. Only the graphic card is new.

I suggest u get a ATi 4890 card and some 4 or 8 GB of ram with compatilbe processor and u r on ur way to gaming nirvana my friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom