Suggest Me a Game [PC]

Do We Need two Separate List of Games ( Sans Indie )

• Yes, A separate list of 100 must play games should be there

Votes: 22 78.6%
  • No, All Games sould be under one list only

Votes: 6 21.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sujeet

Undead!!!
Well.Yes the list will sooner or later run too long and is bound to loose accuracy and worth id every game will start getting included.
Everyone has personal choice genre taste and suggeation based on personal experience of anyone person will lead to ambiguity.

@OP Try following stricter criteria for inclusion of suggested games in the list otherwise it will soon turn into just a basic game list...not A Must Play List.

gameranand

Living to Play
I'll try to point out a few names which can be excluded from the main article.

I have one suggestion. Why not make a section for must play and a seperate section for suggested or recimmended games. I think someone needs to volunteer to come forward. Too much work for piyush and that post is getting extraordinarily long so editing tgat is a pain in ass for sure.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Guys must play doesn't mean u play those games all the time..
here must play game means u shud play it atleast once to get a good taste of it & whether its replayable or not is purely your choice...

gameranand

Living to Play
Guys must play doesn't mean u play those games all the time..
here must play game means u shud play it atleast once to get a good taste of it & whether its replayable or not is purely your choice...

Thats the dedinition of a good game not must play. This is the reason I am not againt including too much hames but include them in proper manner not directly in must play.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Flatout/2 is not a must play game if you took the genre as racing only, if you break it up like the FPS genre, say a destruction racing genre it's a must play over Blur & Split/Second.

Also, don't refer to the series as a whole, instead point to the particular games. NFS series has been referred as must play. Say I pick up Carbon, Undercover or Pro Street. Are they must play?

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
^a good/excellent/awesome game will come under must play...
after all its TDF members suggestion so it shud not happen that I missed a good game to play (must play) :)

now we can continue posting other good games (must play) instead of deciding which is must or must not

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
The "Must Watch Movies Recommended By Digitians" thread has become "Movies I have watched recently" thread, this thread is heading in the same direction. ;)

OP
Piyush

Piyush

Lanaya
to all
SKUD has a valid point
I'll remove some of the games which arent worth placing under "MUST PLAY" tag

gameranand

Living to Play
to all
SKUD has a valid point
I'll remove some of the games which arent worth placing under "MUST PLAY" tag

But keep the record.

How about making the second post as Recommended games snd keep that updated ?? Just an idea please give your input.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
But keep the record.

How about making the second post as Recommended games snd keep that updated ?? Just an idea please give your input.

This is a better suggestion. Also I would suggest to recommend particular games instead of a series as not all games of the series may be good. So let one game represent the series. And availability and age of the game may be taken into account. I understand both Doom & Doom II are better than Doom III, but then the former are either not available or running them in modern PCs might be an issue. At least Doom III will give an insight what the hype is all about.

For Dirt series, make Dirt 2 as must play and for NFS it has to be Most Wanted. Portal and Half Life are so far awesome across the series, so the newer one may be recommended.

gameranand

Living to Play
Exactly. One great game should not represent entire series. If I take example of Dragon Age series DAO was a great game while DA2 was just a good game nothing special at all.

OP
Piyush

Piyush

Lanaya
This is a better suggestion. Also I would suggest to recommend particular games instead of a series as not all games of the series may be good. So let one game represent the series. And availability and age of the game may be taken into account. I understand both Doom & Doom II are better than Doom III, but then the former are either not available or running them in modern PCs might be an issue. At least Doom III will give an insight what the hype is all about.

For Dirt series, make Dirt 2 as must play and for NFS it has to be Most Wanted. Portal and Half Life are so far awesome across the series, so the newer one may be recommended.

Exactly. One great game should not represent entire series. If I take example of Dragon Age series DAO was a great game while DA2 was just a good game nothing special at all.
hmmm thats a good idea
will take a while though

OP
Piyush

Piyush

Lanaya
TO ALL

just mention the names of the games which arent so good to be mentioned there
then I'll take the common games out of those
will help me to great extent
thanks

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
NWN should be there, the first release only. MotoGP should be there to represent two wheeler racing genre. Other games that need to be removed:-

1) Prototype
2) Blur & Split/Second
3) Flatout (Just watched you have mentioned Flatout 3 in the first post, it's a crap, just try to play once ;))
4) Warlord
5) KoA: Reckoning
6) Singularity
7) Call of Juarez
8) Hitman
9) Darkness II
10) Dark Sector

has anybody played midtown madness and motocross madness? can we add it under must play..

Where will you get/buy these games anyway? ;)

Apocalyp5e

Broken In
I Agree with removing some titles from the list.

What I suggest any game added in the list should have the following.
A little info about the game.
Screen shots will be good.
Why it should be there. (Game-play, graphics, music or something else)
Why its different. (We need to pin point why its different from other games from same genre, or if its a trend setter :))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom