Suggest Good Inverter for Home

rajesh00

Journeyman
Need some advise to buy good Inverter and battery and which type to choose...

Req:
6 Tube lights
5 Fans
2 CFL's
5 Zero Bulbs

kARTechnology

Sony " VA" "IO"
Need some advise to buy good Inverter and battery and which type to choose...

Req:
6 Tube lights
5 Fans
2 CFL's
5 Zero Bulbs

> do you want them to run at the same time? (or) for how many appliances used at the same time?
> how much battery backup do you need ?
> are the tube lights old modeled like choke(ballast) + starter + tube, or a simple, slim light?
> CFL Watts?

OP
rajesh00

rajesh00

Journeyman
> do you want them to run at the same time? (or) for how many appliances used at the same time?
> how much battery backup do you need ?
> are the tube lights old modeled like choke(ballast) + starter + tube, or a simple, slim light?
> CFL Watts?

1. 3 Tube and 3 Fans
2. 2-3 hrs Minimum
3. Most of them electronic (36-40w)
4. I'm not sure probably 25w

kARTechnology

Sony " VA" "IO"
1. 3 Tube and 3 Fans
2. 2-3 hrs Minimum
3. Most of them electronic (36-40w)
4. I'm not sure probably 25w

40*3+100*3= 420W Minimum
40*6+100*5+2*25+10=800W MAXIMUM.

1) If you do not want your ups/inverter to go to overload mode,
get a 1450VA Exide Pure Sine Wave With LCD Display, 2*12=24V, two battery setup,
Exide 1450VA Pure Sine Wave With LCD Display (1160W)= Rs.7k
+
Exide IT500(or any other battery from exide, I'd suggest this as it is a legendary and proven battery, and has very long life ~6-8 years) * 2 =Rs.16k* 2
TOTAL = 39k, there are batteries for 10k, which can make this @ 27k, but max 1-2 years on heavy use, or there is a new entry level tubular batteries(TUBE MASTER, 9.5-10.5k) from exide with reduced warranty, near to IT500, you may want to try that.

2) If its out of your budget, and
don't mind to reduce load if overload state occurs,
get a Exide 850VA Pure Sine Wave With LCD Display (680W) = Rs.5k + Single battery, again Exide IT500,
TOTAL = 21k

and do not buy microtek / luminous or any other brand as surely they will lose efficiency over time, and cause many issues to your battery too, I have 2 luminous(800va, 1450va) and both of them after 2 years, gradually overcharged the battery as time goes by, and damaged my battery. microtek is a really el-cheapo brand with no quality. Su-Kam the most marketed and crap product, and dealers WILL FORCE YOU to buy a luminous/Su-kam / microtek / other brand, as they get good commission from the manufacturers. though exide inverter is much better than others.i can give you want a list of inverters i have used, if you need. the most reliable and rugged inverter i have seen is from MEDI, and NIXOWN manufacturers them(have 2-2kva & 1-1kva), it can withstand 440v, neutral cut situations without shutting down and really, it has a special microprocessor with does intelligent 4 stage charging, which are used in USA, etc, manufactured in kerala

Last edited:
OP
rajesh00

rajesh00

Journeyman
40*3+100*3= 420W Minimum
40*6+100*5+2*25+10=800W MAXIMUM.

1) If you do not want your ups/inverter to go to overload mode,
get a 1450VA Exide Pure Sine Wave With LCD Display, 2*12=24V, two battery setup,
Exide 1450VA Pure Sine Wave With LCD Display (1160W)= Rs.7k
+
Exide IT500(or any other battery from exide, I'd suggest this as it is a legendary and proven battery, and has very long life ~6-8 years) * 2 =Rs.16k* 2
TOTAL = 39k, there are batteries for 10k, which can make this @ 27k, but max 1-2 years on heavy use, or there is a new entry level tubular batteries(TUBE MASTER, 9.5-10.5k) from exide with reduced warranty, near to IT500, you may want to try that.

2) If its out of your budget, and
don't mind to reduce load if overload state occurs,
get a Exide 850VA Pure Sine Wave With LCD Display (680W) = Rs.5k + Single battery, again Exide IT500,
TOTAL = 21k

and do not buy microtek / luminous or any other brand as surely they will lose efficiency over time, and cause many issues to your battery too, I have 2 luminous(800va, 1450va) and both of them after 2 years, gradually overcharged the battery as time goes by, and damaged my battery. microtek is a really el-cheapo brand with no quality. Su-Kam the most marketed and crap product, and dealers WILL FORCE YOU to buy a luminous/Su-kam / microtek / other brand, as they get good commission from the manufacturers. though exide inverter is much better than others.i can give you want a list of inverters i have used, if you need. the most reliable and rugged inverter i have seen is from MEDI, and NIXOWN manufacturers them(have 2-2kva & 1-1kva), it can withstand 440v, neutral cut situations without shutting down and really, it has a special microprocessor with does intelligent 4 stage charging, which are used in USA, etc, manufactured in kerala

So how much backup time will i get in 1 and 2?

Is it enough to get 2nd one(single battery) if my used wattage is around 500(As i don't use all appl at same time )

If yes.then can i go with 1450va + 150AH as of now,so that i can add another battery later on..

kARTechnology

Sony " VA" "IO"
So how much backup time will i get in 1 and 2?

Is it enough to get 2nd one(single battery) if my used wattage is around 500(As i don't use all appl at same time )

If yes.then can i go with 1450va + 150AH as of now,so that i can add another battery later on..
1) it varies greatly with the type of appliance, and the "simultaneous" number of running appliances.
2) yes but max battery backup will be around 1 hour, with 500W.

to calculate battery backup, approx,theoretically
Backup Time = Battery AH(here for it500, its 150Ah) x batt Voltage(12v or 24v) / Load in Watts

so it will gibe 3.6 hours but there is one more thing called "battery discharge chat" which means as the load on the battery increases, the capacity of the battery is reduced. like 150ah when used within 1 hour becomes a 100ah battery. to get max efficiency, a it500 must be used for 20 hours

I strongly recommend you to get a c10 solar exide battery which will have lot of backup than a ordinary c20 battery.

3) no. 1450va means you should buy 2 batteries for it to work.

OP
rajesh00

rajesh00

Journeyman
1) it varies greatly with the type of appliance, and the "simultaneous" number of running appliances.
2) yes but max battery backup will be around 1 hour, with 500W.

to calculate battery backup, approx,theoretically
Backup Time = Battery AH(here for it500, its 150Ah) x batt Voltage(12v or 24v) / Load in Watts

so it will gibe 3.6 hours but there is one more thing called "battery discharge chat" which means as the load on the battery increases, the capacity of the battery is reduced. like 150ah when used within 1 hour becomes a 100ah battery. to get max efficiency, a it500 must be used for 20 hours

I strongly recommend you to get a c10 solar exide battery which will have lot of backup than a ordinary c20 battery.

3) no. 1450va means you should buy 2 batteries for it to work.

Solar battery..?

Usually,I have power cut of 2hrs for sure..So consider appl running (not heavy only mentioned above one )roughly 500w at same time for min 2+hrs is enough for me...For that single 150AH or two ?

kARTechnology

Sony " VA" "IO"
Solar battery..?

Usually,I have power cut of 2hrs for sure..So consider appl running (not heavy only mentioned above one )roughly 500w at same time for min 2+hrs is enough for me...For that single 150AH or two ?

yep, a solar battery is same ordinary battery, but it is c10 rated, not c20 like ordinary battery.
for 500W and 2 hours, you better go with a double battery 1450va setup with c10 rated battery.

kARTechnology

Sony " VA" "IO"
Ok.Any Specific c10 model from exide ?

you'd better go to local battery shop and check as there are many c10 battery models from exide.
look for c10 tall tubular type, not a short one. one is called "kiran solar" but it is short tubular, low cost, new model.
if you maintain short tubular very well, you can go for that "kiran solar" (I have a 150ah c20 stantubular (short), since 6 years!, still going strong)

there are 7-IT500's in our office which have no issues at all and has very less battery top up frequency(6 months)
INVATUBULAR(IT500) is a successful model from exide. go for it if you cant get a c10 tall tubular.
tubemaster<invamaster<invatubular in terms of c20.

OP
rajesh00

rajesh00

Journeyman
you'd better go to local battery shop and check as there are many c10 battery models from exide.
look for c10 tall tubular type, not a short one. one is called "kiran solar" but it is short tubular, low cost, new model.
if you maintain short tubular very well, you can go for that "kiran solar" (I have a 150ah c20 stantubular (short), since 6 years!, still going strong)

there are 7-IT500's in our office which have no issues at all and has very less battery top up frequency(6 months)
INVATUBULAR(IT500) is a successful model from exide. go for it if you cant get a c10 tall tubular.
tubemaster<invamaster<invatubular in terms of c20.

Ok.I will go for Inva or tube master depends on budget...Ty for the Advice:)

Ashok Verma

Journeyman
What about the inva red battery from exide . is anyone using this model. Please share reviews. Also tell which is better IR500+ or IT500?

divshirsat12

Right off the assembly line
You should use UPS instead of an inverter for your home. The difference between UPS and inverter is the Uninterruptible power supply (UPS) provides continuous power supply even there is a power cut. Inverter circuit simple converters battery DC current to AC and supply. Sorry, we know this is the answer you are not looking, and won’t solve your confusion. So I would suggest you to buy a UPS. The best UPS in the market is CyberPower UPS. I have installed one at my place and it is working perfectly fine.

amodanand

Right off the assembly line
For this uses you can choose a 900 VA luminous inverter with 150 Ah battery. This combo gives you 3-4 hours backup for your uses. It is a pure sine wave inverter and tubular battery for better performance.

Top Bottom