suggest gaming rig for 30-35k urgently plz!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
For a new rig, LGA775 is a NO. Period.

:)

My usual job to play the devil:
What if someone wants a cheap Intel Rig. We forgot that the i5 motherboards are still expensive, and the i5 processor is still in the >10K range.

LGA775 still offers a whole plethora of cheap motherboards and cheap Pentium D and C2Ds...................! :)

Let us not KILL this platform so easily, hell --- Intel has not. i5 and P55 is not the answer to a mid/low budget Intel platform, no ways it is.

For this post we recommended i5 and greater than this, cause Arnab's budget was such. Let us not 'shove' new/expensive technology down information seekers throat.

PERIOD.

Krow

Crowman
But then what's the point of a cheap Intel rig? AMD is far better at all budgets below i5 and also is cheaper and upgradeable, unlike the Intel counterpart. Well, I am for i5/AMD for future proofing of some sorts. :)

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
^^
That is why I underlined Intel Rig, in my post above yours.

There are people out there..who are brand specific. That is what I meant. How will we cater them then.

Will be back..got to go eat dinner. Damn..!

hell_storm2006

Ambassador of Buzz
Well in a few months they would start phasing out the LGA775. Of course, its a gradual process. I think they were just waiting for the Core i5 to hit the market. When it catches on LGA775 will surely see the end of its life!

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
guys i need i5 for 2 reasons-1.futureproofing 2. show off ;-)

Nothing is future proof. The day you walk out of a computer hardware shop (with stuff in your hands), new stuff would be coming out. But yes for new rig, if you can afford i5+P55 is great.

Well in a few months they would start phasing out the LGA775. Of course, its a gradual process. I think they were just waiting for the Core i5 to hit the market. When it catches on LGA775 will surely see the end of its life!

Ya, they are milking the last from the product. When the hell will Q9550 become cheap. Hope it does not run out, then it will be whoooooooooping expensive, what ever is left in the retail supply chain.

Gigabyte P55M-UD2 is for around 6.7k and a great choice.

+1. Great choice.

OP
M

mandar5

Youngling
@asigh i can afford i5+p55.i know its not a future proof choice but i think it has edge over quads atleast from futureproof point of view!

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
^^
I know you can buddy. Was just putting my point across for debates sake, and to make the knowledge seekers, full aware. Of what is available. If you have narrowed on i5+P55...go for it man. It great..!

hell_storm2006

Ambassador of Buzz
Posted the same question in the Intel discussion forum and some guy said the top line would go first, but the Celeron's would stay on for a while.

Unfortunately your Q9550 falls in the top line of LGA775!!! :razz:

hell_storm2006

Ambassador of Buzz
Oh hell....! Do not tell me that. Sh**, by when will this start.

Well Intel.com has its own discussion board. So out of intrigue i posted the same question there. One of the guys replied what i told you. If you look at it if i5 is around Q9550 then what's the point of manufacturing Q9550, especially when there is no sign of price drop! Celeron's would stay on as the real dirt cheap option for a while. A few E Series processors are already gone like E6400!

hell_storm2006

Ambassador of Buzz
Expecting a mail from them. Mailed Intel also. Don't think they would be willing to answer such a sensitive question though. Lets see!

OP
M

mandar5

Youngling
GUYS i am sorry too busy this week due to exams . will get my pc next week only.pls suggest 1tb hdd. which one to go for wd or seagate?

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
@mandar5

you cant go wrong with either wd or seagate but the latter provides 5years warranty.

for storage look for wd green or seagate baracudda 7200 series.

for superior performance go for wd black but expect to pay a premium of 3k.
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
-----------------------------------------
@mandar5

you cant go wrong with either wd or seagate but the latter provides 5years warranty.

for storage look for wd green or seagate baracudda 7200 series.

for superior performance go for wd black but expect to pay a premium of 3k.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom