suggest gaming rig for 30-35k urgently plz!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
^^ I hope mandar5 read all I ranted about, and understood the differential curve in performance for i5 and Quad.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
"A coin always has two sides" (Even if its Sholay)

I like to show both sides of the coin...!

:)

OP
M

mandar5

Youngling
hey guys dont you think 35k is decent budget without considering monitor?i dont think i am going for cheapest parts .let you know my configuration by today evening!

OP
M

mandar5

Youngling
here u go..i5+p55 mobo=18k,500gb wd 32mb buffer hdd 3k,6k ddr3ramcorsair,3k vip smps,1.4k dvd writer,..thats it no graphics card for time being may be 2 months later..i already own mouse/keyboard,cabinet and lg 17'' monitor..i hope i covered everything...
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
hope its not cheapest parts by any means....
Posted again:
hope its not cheapest parts by any means....

Last edited:

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
here u go..i5+p55 mobo=18k,500gb wd 32mb buffer hdd 3k,6k ddr3ramcorsair,3k vip smps,1.4k dvd writer,..thats it no graphics card for time being may be 2 months later..i already own mouse/keyboard,cabinet and lg 17'' monitor..i hope i covered everything...

Hey Mandar5, we are not contesting 'cheap' or 'expensive'. Please do not take offense. We are here to help each other. :)

1. Which P55 Motherboard.
2. Which Corsair RAM.
3. Why a VIP PSU. You should go for better quality. Not sure about this one.

OP
M

mandar5

Youngling
1.Intel based or the cilus suggested gigabyte one.
2.may be 1300mhz ram.
3. lets see....
Posted again:
1.Intel based or the cilus suggested gigabyte one.
2.may be 1300mhz ram.
3. lets see....

Last edited:

hell_storm2006

Ambassador of Buzz
Some pointers... 500 GB 32MB buffer HDD is only WD Green which is slower than other drives of WD. And Green is not the best option as a Primary drive. So better get WD Black or Seagate 7200.12.
Mobo - Gigabyte one. Cant say yes to Intel chipset or Asus. Asus Bios are crap!
DDR3 - 1333MHz is barely out of DDR2 region. So better of with GSkill or Corsair 1666MHz. I would prefer GSkill. In two months when you get a GPU, that VIP one will not support it. So better of buying a PSU which would eventually support your GPU.
If you plan to game a lot, 17 inch monitor isn't what you need. You certainly need a bigger monitor. CM690 as a cabinet would be good in keeping your PC cool. N if you stick to these, you wont certainly be able to fit this into 35k.

OP
M

mandar5

Youngling
YEAH i know i cant stick to the above configuration life long. but right now i own agp8x based old system on intel socket 478 .i just wanna upgrade to new platform .the remaining hardware i will add later.

OP
M

mandar5

Youngling
@hell_storm can u tell price difference between two RAM modules of 1300 and 1600?Why u prefer gskill over corsair?? can i post an offtopic question??Recently i was in market for home theatre system for our led tv..i came across some models saying upscaling upto full hd!Plz tell me what does it mean???Thanksss....

hell_storm2006

Ambassador of Buzz
I guess this link would answer you question. Remember after God there's Google! Both start with a 'G'! :mrgreen:

*hd1080i.blogspot.com/2006/12/1080-upscaling-to-hd-from-lower.html

GSkills are better overclockers although it depends on the type model of RAM. Cheaper and have kits with better timings! for Corsair you have to get those special Dominator and all to really see performance! GSkills normally use Samsung IC's. Corsair use Micron IC's. Corsair XMS2 Twin 1600MHz were the first to use Samsung IC's!
But the thing is with RAM's the difference is not very noticable. So it comes down to the other aspects!

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
I guess with RAM..

Have enough, and have it quick enough. :)

If one has enough money to spare, then they can go for the quickest and fastest ram. Else work their way down, to mid - level, or then value RAM.

Also if someone is getting non-value RAM, then remember, you get it to run at the EPP ratings is not that easy. The system needs to be overclocked. FSB ratios and multipliers need to be tweaked, to get it at EPP. Else it will run at JEDEC.

But has H.S.2006 mentioned, the difference is not really noticable --- probably a few blinks of the eyelid...!

Prices:
Price (cheapest and for G-Skill DDR-3 2 x 2GB):

G-Skill F3-10666CL9D-4GBNQ 4GB @ 1333 Mhz @ 9-9-9-24 : RS.6212

G-Skill F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL 4GB @ 1600 Mhz @ 9-9-9-24 : RS. 6747

First get enough of it..and then see if you can get it quick enough.

Last edited:

Cilus

laborare est orare
plz suggest 5k graphics card

go for the XFX 9600GSO 768MB DDR2 @ 4.2k. Although this card is equipped with DDR2 memory, rather than GDDR3 memory, it performs better than the other 9600 cards. Because this is a special edition card equipped with 96 stream processors compared to the 64/48 stream processors of the other 9600 cards. It has been selected the Best buy low end card in the last digit card review.
For AMD go for Palit HD4670 512MB GDDR3 SUPER @ 4.5k. in directX 10.1 games it has slight benifit over the other cards.
does ddr2 and ddr3 ram graphics card make huge difference?

If you are having the same GPU vertion, then there may be a noticable performance gap, if you are using a slower memory. Graphics cards are normally equipped with GDDR memory, they are different than ordinary DDR memory. For example GDDR3 (graphics DDR)memory is not same as high speen DDR3 memory. GDDR3 is based on DDR2 memory architecture, but having significant less latency (timespan between a request and completion of it), low power and heat dispersal and high speed than that of ordinary DDR2 memory.
GDDR memory is costly than the normal memory. Currently some cheaper cards are made to use normal DDR (2 or 3) memory rather than GDDR2 or GDDR3 memory. They will have less performance.
It may looks like that I'm contradicting my suggestion of 9600 GSo DDR2, but remember, memory is not only the thing. count of stream processors inside a GPU is a bigger factor.

hell_storm2006

Ambassador of Buzz
I think they have 5 years warranty. Which is ample time! No one needs more than that. Look at it this way, when the 5 years are up you would not probably have the same PC, would you? :smile:

Around 5k i would think 9600GT is a better option!

zbuu

Broken In
*www.pcper.com/article.php?aid=776&type=expert&pid=10

the q9650 beats the i5 in many games here(@higher resolutions whr da gpu play an imp role). if ur into gaming invest more in ur gpu rather than ur cpu.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
^^
If someone can squeeze the most out of their LGA775 (going for CPU upgrade), then the quads are the way to go. They will continue to run games (with a good GPU), for next 2 years at least.

If new system, then choose Phenom 2, i5, i7. Depends how much one wants to spend.

Do not want to comment on speed of the above configurations. Gets too messy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom