suggest book for css, java script and php

Status
Not open for further replies.

[xubz]

"The Cake is a Lie!!"
CSS needs to be learnt by self! For Beginning i'd suggest you to go to W3Schools.com (Cuz only experience will make you a better designer.)

For basic javascript, you can go for "Javascript for Dummies", its quite good and will get you started. After buy one of those "in a Nutshell" books and get coding :)

PHP, There are LOTS of Books, I'd suggest you get "Beginning PHP and MySQL: From Novice to Professional", its good!

piyush gupta

Cyborg Agent
ZenCss

best css designs and book

javascript.

go to any shop and buy any book or just google for tutors

php...

again googling is the best option....

DebojitGotBadDVD

Professional Audio Expert
Assuming you are serious about learning the three, I'll say you WILL need books.

CSS - I'll suggest three books

1. Beginning CSS: Cascading Style Sheets for Web Design(Programmer to Programmer) [Wrox, ISBN: 0764576429]

^ This one will be your grounding.

2. Professional CSS: Cascading Style Sheets for Web Design [Wrox, ISBN: 0764588338]

^ Highly recommended. It's awesome, and deals with common design problems designers face when dealing with clients and their legacy sites. But don't assume it's like that all the way. There are awesome case studies (ESPN.com and many more) and a wealth of tech info.

Finally:

3. CSS Hacks and Filters: Making Cascading Stylesheets Work [ISBN: 0764579851]

This is my all time favorite. You'll need these because of the bratty browsers like IE (old versions) don't obey CSS well. Tame them.

Javascript:

Too many to list, but the ones which are particularly readable are "How to do everything with Javascript, Javascript in 10 simple steps or less"

PHP:

Not commenting on this. Could lead to a flamewar. :) (Teeny hint: I love O'Reilly in this subject)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom