Suggest Best Razor please

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Haha... to all those spending fortunes over 3 or 5 blades!!
I am using Gillete single blade razor for a month and it's awesome! Since it's single blade, hair doesn't stuck between blades, and it shaves good. New blade in just Rs 5.
Single Blade FTW!! :-D

eagle_y2j

Youngling
guys,
my beard is really hard, and after shave t comes back in 2-3 days, so i've re-shave at every 4 days. I was using MACH-3 but its costly so i started using Gillette guard (Rs.5 per blade) ;) Guy, want to know about electric shaver. Can electric shaver is good compare to regular blade?????? Reply guys..........

rotatory head Philips shavers are good as compared to those classic wet shaving stuff..

Pros
Quick and cleanest shave without any cut :)

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Never tried rotatory shavers. Hell, never even considered it! Are those Really good?
Are those costlier than say, mach 3?

sujeet2555

In the zone
Haha... to all those spending fortunes over 3 or 5 blades!!
I am using Gillete single blade razor for a month and it's awesome! Since it's single blade, hair doesn't stuck between blades, and it shaves good. New blade in just Rs 5.
Single Blade FTW!! :-D

ya correct.i used to use gillete victor before but now i tried the gillete guard which is very good.it last for me about 5-6 shave.victor don't run that much since hair gets stuck in between blades.this is no case in guard as it has one blade.btw i use both in combination.guard for main shave and victor for reverse direction to smooth out.

aroraanant

Explorer
Gillete Mach 3 is the best one,Have been using it from 4yrs but wait now Fusion is out and it seems to be very good,I m gonna try it very soon and I think you should also try it

Winter

Broken In
How good is the Fusion Proglide Power ? It uses a battery and still we have to shave manually ;) Is the technology they're talking about any good ?

johnybravojr

Broken In
I have been using a Philips trimmer to shave my beard. It isn't comfortable by any means, but using the razor-blade somehow makes me feel like a dressed chicken when I'm done. Also, the hair on my neck and chin are like steel and it gets quite hard to use a 2/3 edged razor after the first time.

I finally decided to buy the Philips 3-headed electric shavers. I narrowed in on these 3 models:
  1. HQ7320 Dry Electric Shaver - Rs. 4269 (from FlipKart India; available in India)
  2. Aquatouch AT890 Wet & Dry Electric Shaver - Rs. 5600 (approx.; from eBay UK; not available in India)
  3. Norelco 1150x/40 SensoTouch 2d Wet & Dry Electric Shaver - Rs. 6208 5897.60 after using a discount coupon (from eBay USA; not available in India)

I went ahead and ordered the 3rd one because it is slightly more advanced. Its Market Price in the US is 99.99 $(equivalent to Rs. 5200 approximately). Though I end up paying about Rs. 700 more, I felt it was ok since its not available in India and was ok for the shipping cost. I wanted to buy the 1st one(less risky and cheaper), but the other 2 were dual shavers(both wet and dry).

Overall, all 3 have excellent feedback. And the sites selling them claim to be providing a Manufacturer's Warranty of 2 years. One can choose considering the requirement(dry or wet & dry) and the budget, and the willingness to take risks buying a product from an online shopping site from another country.

On the purchase part, the Norelco 1150 that I have ordered will be bought by a 'reseller' located in India from the 'seller' located in the USA. The reseller will receive the product, clear customs and ship it to me. The price is all-inclusive. OCTROI and other local taxes, IF applicable to be borne by the buyer. The reseller has mailed me that he is processing my order with the seller, and the seller may cancel the order or may have run out of stock. So, I'll have to wait until the 12th of this month to know the status of my order.

I hope to receive it before I go on Christmas Vacation!

Last edited:

Tech.Masti

Wise Old Owl
purchased Mach III in April 2010, and still using that blade...... MachIII blade have very long life..... i shave 2-3 times in a week.....
using with Gillette Gel.....:)

esumitkumar

Call me Sumit
^^ WTF Apr 2010 and still using ??? You are using a blade for around 1.5 yrs with 2-3 times a week shave ! Might be Apr 2011 but still cant be.Mine machIII lasts 2-2.5 months with 2 times a week shave

AJK

Broken In
i was an user of mach 3 untill i bumped into this brand called Glide 2 years back @ big bazaar:smile: ..... ever since that day i dumped my marc 3 and havnt looked back :mrgreen: the blades are almost half the price of mach 3 and performance is on par with mach3 (IMO its slightly better than mach 3 :cool: but then thats just my personal opinion:smile:) .... total VFM product :bananana:

Tech.Masti

Wise Old Owl
^^ WTF Apr 2010 and still using ??? You are using a blade for around 1.5 yrs with 2-3 times a week shave ! Might be Apr 2011 but still cant be.Mine machIII lasts 2-2.5 months with 2 times a week shave

No its April 2010........ i also dont know how..... but its true.....

i have only one explanation, may not be acceptable to all.........
when i first watched ad. of Vector Plus, i purchased it, then blades run long time.... but when razor and blade prices are come down, i noticed that blades are not running not that long..... even 3-4 times shaving is damaging the blade..... may be quality is decreasing...... after that i saw ad. of MachIII and purchased it.....

i purchased MachIII in april 2010, may be then quality was good of it, may be now its quality is decreasing because its prices is also come down now a lot.....

OR
still MachIII quality is OK, your hair is very strong...... (no offence)

Read this pages posts about MachIII
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/chit-chat/80202-shaving-set-do-u-use-2.html

Last edited:

Minion

Conversation Architect
I am using pamolive shaving cream and gillete single blade razor these combination is doing well for me.

johnybravojr

Broken In
I have been using a Philips trimmer to shave my beard. It isn't comfortable by any means, but using the razor-blade somehow makes me feel like a dressed chicken when I'm done. Also, the hair on my neck and chin are like steel and it gets quite hard to use a 2/3 edged razor after the first time.

I finally decided to buy the Philips 3-headed electric shavers. I narrowed in on these 3 models:
  1. HQ7320 Dry Electric Shaver - Rs. 4269 (from FlipKart India; available in India)
  2. Aquatouch AT890 Wet & Dry Electric Shaver - Rs. 5600 (approx.; from eBay UK; not available in India)
  3. Norelco 1150x/40 SensoTouch 2d Wet & Dry Electric Shaver - Rs. 6208 5897.60 after using a discount coupon (from eBay USA; not available in India)

I went ahead and ordered the 3rd one because it is slightly more advanced. Its Market Price in the US is 99.99 $(equivalent to Rs. 5200 approximately). Though I end up paying about Rs. 700 more, I felt it was ok since its not available in India and was ok for the shipping cost. I wanted to buy the 1st one(less risky and cheaper), but the other 2 were dual shavers(both wet and dry).

Overall, all 3 have excellent feedback. And the sites selling them claim to be providing a Manufacturer's Warranty of 2 years. One can choose considering the requirement(dry or wet & dry) and the budget, and the willingness to take risks buying a product from an online shopping site from another country.

On the purchase part, the Norelco 1150 that I have ordered will be bought by a 'reseller' located in India from the 'seller' located in the USA. The reseller will receive the product, clear customs and ship it to me. The price is all-inclusive. OCTROI and other local taxes, IF applicable to be borne by the buyer. The reseller has mailed me that he is processing my order with the seller, and the seller may cancel the order or may have run out of stock. So, I'll have to wait until the 12th of this month to know the status of my order.

I hope to receive it before I go on Christmas Vacation!

My shipment reached Bangalore by 9th, but took 8 more days to reach me about 200 km from there, thanks to the dumb people there who did not add 0 before my mobile number. It was sent to Chennai and then reached me yesterday. The shaver and accessories look cool. I am yet to try it out(will do it this evening). I'm not sure if I can post the 'unboxing' of the shaver in this thread or start a new one. Will try to post it by tonight.

Top Bottom