Suggest basic micro-atx HTPC at 15k

nithun

Broken In
Hi guys please suggest a micro-atx mobo + processor combo for me, will mostly be used for XBMC, no gaming whatsoever. Also please suggest a good cabinet with smps. The Mobo should have hdmi since m not buying a gfx card.

OP
N

nithun

Broken In
Sorry about the initial post,its been a while since i've been here.

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans:Basic HTPC, XBMC, torrenting/download machine and regular browsing.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans:15k can push to 18k

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans:nope

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans:windows 7 or 8

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans:min 500gb

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans:nope, planning to use my full HD LCD tv

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: LCD and speaker already in hand, so no need for those

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: September

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: will be doing it with a couple of friends

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans:Live in Bangalore.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: Should be micro-atx based mobo, and the system should have HDMI.

reniarahim1

Youngling
GIGABYTE GA-E350N-USB3 Motherboard AM3 + Dual Core CPU ~ 6000
RAM - Corsair 4 GB ~ 1300
HDD - WD 500GB ~ 3800

saswat23

Human Spambot
For 18k:
* Intel PDC G620 -- 3.2k
* Gigabyte GA-H61M-D2H -- 3.3k
* Corsair 4GB DDR3 Value RAM -- 1.3k
* WDC Blue 500GB HDD -- 3.8k
* HP 24x DVD-RW -- 0.9k
* Zebronics Deluxe w/o PSU -- 0.8k
* Corsair VS-450 -- 2.2k
* MS Wired 600 combo -- 0.7k
* Logitech z103 2.1 speakers -- 1k
* Numeric 600VA UPS -- 1.5k
Total ---- 18.7k

OP
N

nithun

Broken In
Thank you a so much, can any suggest some nice side mountable pc cabinets. i have to put my pc in the media cabinet

blackbird

Journeyman
yeah why not Iball baby 306
personally i hate iball smps

----
Also i would suggest you to go with Asrock H61M U3/M3 (cost will be max 4.7k)
Because it contains many things like USB 3 AND SATA 3 also it is micro atx
also you can go with intel DH67XX mobo (the micro atx version) 5.3k it is best you can get for 620 (have hdmi, dvi, 7.1 (doubt), latest processor support, USB3 (mind you not for cabinet))
-----------

second suggestion would be to go with AMD setup because than you will get a onboard graphic veries the suggest g620 + gigagbyte 61 runs on HD2000

MSI A75G55 Mobo + AMD A6 3500 - 9950
Or any compatible mobo with A6 3500 according to the features you need...

--------
if u want more cheapest than go for Gigabyte GA-E350N-USB3 if u just want hd content, xbmc and stuff it will be better smallest and cutest one... but than your requirement is not mini itx it is micro itx... your decision
--------

Last edited:

The Sorrow

New to this forum
Can i use the iball baby 306 it comes with a psu?

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/power-supply-cabinets-mods/147389-power-supply-blacklist-thread-newbies.html

IMO, Don't even think to buy it. Cheap psu = highly risking your entire rig. You can use the cabinet though.

Last edited:

blackbird

Journeyman
^^ yeah he is right but still there are not many options in MINI ITX SMPS
Kindly suggest a good one for the op (which fits in the case of Iball baby)

saswat23

Human Spambot
Yup, finding one would be really hard. IMO iBall bundled PSU is the only choice. BTW how much does the cabinet with SMPS cost?

OP
N

nithun

Broken In
Around 2k...and how good is the g620, m not gonna use it much since my primary machine is a MacBook..

blackbird

Journeyman
yesterday i was going to suggest you that only but

Only ITX Case (cube shape) for "ATOM"

Also unsure abt the smps
better go with iball baby if not than ask the seller abt the stuff (if u can fit other MICRO ATX mobo)

also 1600 + 200 = 1800

regarding the local smps for iball don't worry you power consumption is not that much it is under 100w max so a local will be okay (still can't recommend it is just okay)
there is no other option for smps in minitx cabinet (which this mobo is not)

saswat23

Human Spambot
I doubt that cabinet will be able to handle your mobo. It clearly mentions that it is for ITX boards. GA-H61M-D2H is a mATX board. So, probably wont fit. So, better go with iBall or Zebronics.

blackbird

Journeyman
i would suggest you to visit local shops they will have most chinese cabinet in stock which will fit you requirement.. do check it...
Online you will only find iball,zebronics and other suggestion mostly 3-4.
Offline you can get many. Just visit the shop.

saswat23

Human Spambot
Yup, get back with all those options available with their price. I too am searching for one such cabinet with SMPS.
And CM Elite 100 is too costly for me.

Top Bottom