Suggest an el cheapo controller.

TheFallenLord

Journeyman
Hi, my cousin is coming to my place next month and will be staying for a couple of weeks. We'd like to play FIFA, SFXT etc. together during his stay. Since I already have a XBox 360 controller, I need another controller albeit an el cheapo one for him or for myself (Depends on which one he chooses to play with). I don't want to buy a costly controller because it'll probably never be used after he leaves until he visits me again. My budget is INR 500. Please suggest the best controller I can get within this budget.

saswat23

Human Spambot
You wont be able to perform all moves in FIFA with these cheap contorllers. I had used Zebronics, now using Enter, my friends are using Frontech, Intex, QHM, etc but none of these is able to perform all the moves that can be done with a keyboard. With keyboard you can perform many skill moves. For instance, using these contorllers I still havn't found how to make the Goalkeeper dive during a penalty shootout.
So, better you should go for a branded one, especially if your cousin is a PRO FIFA player. Else for ocassional gaming, these cheap controllers will run absolutely fine.

OP
TheFallenLord

TheFallenLord

Journeyman
Frontech JIL 1731
Worked for me for more than 2 years
Did you use it on Win7? It seems to have some driver issues with Win7 (Source: Google).

You wont be able to perform all moves in FIFA with these cheap contorllers. I had used Zebronics, now using Enter, my friends are using Frontech, Intex, QHM, etc but none of these is able to perform all the moves that can be done with a keyboard. With keyboard you can perform many skill moves. For instance, using these contorllers I still havn't found how to make the Goalkeeper dive during a penalty shootout.
So, better you should go for a branded one, especially if your cousin is a PRO FIFA player. Else for ocassional gaming, these cheap controllers will run absolutely fine.
None of us are pros but still I'd like a fully functional controller. I've tried playing FIFA with keyboard before and I'm miserable at it. Anyway since we are gonna play other games too beside FIFA (like Street Fighter X Tekken), a controller is a must. How much minimum do I have to shell out to get a fully functional controller? Say if I increased my budget to INR 750, would it be enough?

saswat23

Human Spambot
No, there is no good one for around 0.75k also. I would suggest you to spend atleast 1.2k or more and get anything from brands like Logitech or ThrustMaster or MS.
Street Fighter X Tekken should work fine with local controllers too.
As you say none of you both are pros, better get one from ENTER for Rs.200. That should be sufficient and you would be able to perform basic moves and some skill moves too. No, need to spend more for controller.

OP
TheFallenLord

TheFallenLord

Journeyman
Well, if that's the case, then may be the frontech jil 1731 will have to suffice for now. The frontech website states it's compatible with win7. I'll also look for enter gamepads locally. After that I'll decide which one to get. Later if need be I'll buy the Xbox One controller when it comes to India. :mrgreen:

Shah

Cyborg Agent
Well, if that's the case, then may be the frontech jil 1731 will have to suffice for now. The frontech website states it's compatible with win7. I'll also look for enter gamepads locally. After that I'll decide which one to get. Later if need be I'll buy the Xbox One controller when it comes to India. :mrgreen:

E-GPV is good VFM product. Check it out too. BTW, I have one and it works in both Win 7 (x86) and Win 8(x64)

saswat23

Human Spambot
Yes, I have used both E-GPV and E-GPV10, both are working fine in win 7 and win 8. For vibration to work you need to install the software from web, the one given in the disc doesnt work.
E-GPV costs around Rs.220 and E-GPV10 around Rs.350. Function of both is same. Better to get E-GPV.

Shah

Cyborg Agent
Yes, I have used both E-GPV and E-GPV10, both are working fine in win 7 and win 8. For vibration to work you need to install the software from web, the one given in the disc doesnt work.
E-GPV costs around Rs.220 and E-GPV10 around Rs.350. Function of both is same. Better to get E-GPV.

It does, At least for me.

Top Bottom