suggest an antivirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 26636

hi everybody..i am a student of 3d animation and i am always working on 3ds max or maya or photoshop..now i need an antivirus that is light on system resources and has a high detection rate.its on demand(manual) scanning shouldnot take too long or slow down my pc..i should be able to use it with my 3d software..so when i am working on a 3d software i should be able to run a complete thorough scan in the background..i was using kaspersky antivirus 2009 but its manual thorough scanning took more than 2 hours and slowed my system to a crawl..please suggest a suitable alternative...can i try the new norton internet security 2009?

my system config. is--3gb ddr2 ram,
quad core q9300
asus p5k c m/b

uditk

Broken In
USe Avira AntiVir Personal. It's free and you can get it at www.free-av.com
Works better than most of the paid anti-viruses!:D

USe Avira AntiVir Personal. It's free and you can get it at www.free-av.com
Works better than most of the paid anti-viruses!:D

Last edited:

Raccoon

Journeyman
Two AVs that have the lightest footprint by far are Dr. Web and F-prot. The footprint is unbelievably low - about 1 MB! You wont get anything lighter than this. You wont even notice their existence. AVG and all dont even come close, lol!

Dr. Web I think scores in both detection and footprint and speed. They may not be as good at detection as top rung AVs like Kaspersky, but they are quite decent... anyday better than AVG, etc.

I dont think running a scan while you are using the comp is a good idea with any AV!!! Esp. your our HDD will take a severe beating! You should probably schedule it to run at the end of you session or something, and set it to turn off your comp. But if you are hell bent on doing it, both these AVs are damn fast at scanning.

Indyan

Here Since 2003
Thread Closed
All AV related discussions goes to *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=94072

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom