Deleted member 26636

1. Budget?
Rs. 25,000/-

2. Display type and size?
>4.5 to 5"

3. Form Factor? bar, slider, flip?
Bar

4. Preferred choice of brand?
Sony, Samsung, HTC (in order of preference)

5. Preferred input method (QWERTY, touchscreen, numpad, touch-n-type).
Touchscreen

6. What camera option you want? Please specify need for flash, autofocus, front facing camera.
Nothing really specifc.

7. Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).
Android only

8. Preferred connectivity options (3G, Wifi etc)Please specify clearly.
3G, WiFi,

9. Preferred applications (Flash, Swype, GPS, etc)?
Swype, GPS

10. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, mails, internet, gaming etc)?
Internet, mails, multimedia, gaming, camera (in that order)

11. Any specific mobile phones in consideration?
Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 and Sony Xperia ZR. Was also considering the HTC DEsire 700

12. Any other info that you want to share

I feel Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 fits my needs pretty well. Considering the price difference between the Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 and the Sony Xperia ZR, I am not sure if I should shell out close to 4k for the ZR's hardware, which isn't significantly better than the Grand 2's.

One question : Do u need a Dual SIM phone ??

If yes, then get Grand 2

Otherwise Xperia ZR is a better device.
If u think both have same performance due to Qualcomm quad core chipsets, then u are wrong!!!
Xperia ZR has much better processing & graphical power i.e CPU & GPU are both much better
Camera is also better + Don't forget that ZR is waterproof

So ZR is a much better device!!!!

Also remember don't buy any HTC device as its devices are much over priced for the specs

OP
D

Deleted member 26636

One question : Do u need a Dual SIM phone ??

If yes, then get Grand 2

Otherwise Xperia ZR is a better device.
If u think both have same performance due to Qualcomm quad core chipsets, then u are wrong!!!
Xperia ZR has much better processing & graphical power i.e CPU & GPU are both much better
Camera is also better + Don't forget that ZR is waterproof

So ZR is a much better device!!!!

Also remember don't buy any HTC device as its devices are much over priced for the specs

Hey thanks for the reply. I don't need a Dual SIM phone. As I mentioned, in terms of priority, internet browsing ranks highest, then using productivity apps like evernote, google docs, sheets, drive etc. then using it for multimedia like playing audio, watching videos and finally for a little gaming. So for these needs I feel a bigger screen is better. I don't know if I should pay more for ZR's hardware for these needs or if Grand 2 will be good enough.

Hey thanks for the reply. I don't need a Dual SIM phone. As I mentioned, in terms of priority, internet browsing ranks highest, then using productivity apps like evernote, google docs, sheets, drive etc. then using it for multimedia like playing audio, watching videos and finally for a little gaming. So for these needs I feel a bigger screen is better. I don't know if I should pay more for ZR's hardware for these needs or if Grand 2 will be good enough.

Grand 2 is good enough but for the extra money that you pay, you'll get better camera, performance & battery life phone.......
Internet browsing always drains the battery fast, so better backup is always preferrred

OP
D

Deleted member 26636

Grand 2 is good enough but for the extra money that you pay, you'll get better camera, performance & battery life phone.......
Internet browsing always drains the battery fast, so better backup is always preferred

ok...I hadn't considered the battery. But reading the reviews on GSM Arena for Grand 2- Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 review: Double vision - GSMArena.com and Xperia ZR- Sony Xperia ZR review: Ready to dare - GSMArena.com, I don't see a significant difference. My only gripe with the ZR is the screen size which is a tad small for web browsing. I earlier considered the Xperia ZL but it's been discontinued.

ok...I hadn't considered the battery. But reading the reviews on GSM Arena for Grand 2- Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 review: Double vision - GSMArena.com and Xperia ZR- Sony Xperia ZR review: Ready to dare - GSMArena.com, I don't see a significant difference. My only gripe with the ZR is the screen size which is a tad small for web browsing. I earlier considered the Xperia ZL but it's been discontinued.
GSMArena clearly mentioned that standby drain in Grand 2 is high....that's why + ZR would be better for single handed use

kunalgujarathi

Cyborg Agent
GSMArena clearly mentioned that standby drain in Grand 2 is high....that's why + ZR would be better for single handed use

If you can extend upto 27k you can get Gionee Elife E7!
*www.flipkart.com/gionee-elife-e7-32-gb/p/itmdszeehzk4wgbv?pid=MOBDSZEEGZPQ5AHF

Check this Hands on of Tech Guru!
*m.youtube.com/watch?v=XtsBtpmYCbo&feature=youtu.be

Top notch specs!
Check flipkart reviews too!All 5 stars!

Service center are available in all major Tier-1 & Tier-2 cities.

achyutaghosh

Journeyman
+1 for ZR. If you want to buy something best suited for web browsing, then buy the LG G Pro or the Galaxy Note 2 (available for 26-27k). Grand 2 is strictly mid market product.

OP
D

Deleted member 26636

Yeah I've been thinking about my options. Will hold off the purchase for sometime now.

OP
D

Deleted member 26636

Ok so I've increased my budget to 30k. Now please suggest what options I have. I am looking at the galaxy S4.

Ok so I've increased my budget to 30k. Now please suggest what options I have. I am looking at the galaxy S4.

Considering your requirements, I don't think you would like to compromise on battery life............

So S4 is a better choice over N5, due to its better battery life & camera. Also S4 has already received KK upgrade in India.

Another option is Xperia Z1C, which costs 32-34k, though, also it has 4.3" display, which is not for everyone........... Of all the phones that have been released, I like it the most due to its small size, but it also doesn't compromise on performance, battery life & camera(I'm satisfied with my N4's camera)

OP
D

Deleted member 26636

Considering your requirements, I don't think you would like to compromise on battery life............

So S4 is a better choice over N5, due to its better battery life & camera. Also S4 has already received KK upgrade in India.

Another option is Xperia Z1C, which costs 32-34k, though, also it has 4.3" display, which is not for everyone........... Of all the phones that have been released, I like it the most due to its small size, but it also doesn't compromise on performance, battery life & camera(I'm satisfied with my N4's camera)

Ok..but since the S5 will be released soon, is it a good idea to buy the S4? I'm worried about future support from Samsung.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Buy the S4, eyes closed. Future support? It already has KitKat, what more do you need? Maybe it will get the next Android version upgrade too, whatever it will be called. Samsung generally supports a top line device like S4 for 18 months since the release date. So I am guessing it will be supported for a little while more. And if you consider software upgrade support then you will see Samsung is very fast and faster than others, Sony, hTC and all.
If you are not into OLED displays then Sony Xperia line-up is an option too.

OP
D

Deleted member 26636

Buy the S4, eyes closed. Future support? It already has KitKat, what more do you need? Maybe it will get the next Android version upgrade too, whatever it will be called. Samsung generally supports a top line device like S4 for 18 months since the release date. So I am guessing it will be supported for a little while more. And if you consider software upgrade support then you will see Samsung is very fast and faster than others, Sony, hTC and all.
If you are not into OLED displays then Sony Xperia line-up is an option too.

I currently have a samsung wave s8500 & I love the SAMOLED display. So no problems there. I'll buy the S4, no more questions. Thanks for all the help guys.

bubusam13

Human
I have a question. I am searching for a good phone from about 6 months. Should I move to Samsung or should I wait for Gionee s5.5 ? Would it be better ?
I would prefer a dual SIM more but not necessary.

OP
D

Deleted member 26636

So I finally bought the Samsung Galaxy S4 for 27, 930/- from Flipkart. It just arrived today and oh man what a phone. Lots of fun awaits in the coming days. :D

Top Bottom