Suggest a PC config for Android App development , web development and 2D game development

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Deepcool TESSERACT SW Mid Tower Computer Case
1 usb 3 & 1 usb 2 port in front which I think is alright.If you are not going to install more than 2 hdd then there are many other options as many transparent side panel cabinets nowadays have only 2 3.5" hdd bays.

OP
RageshAntony

RageshAntony

In the zone
Deepcool TESSERACT SW Mid Tower Computer Case
1 usb 3 & 1 usb 2 port in front which I think is alright.If you are not going to install more than 2 hdd then there are many other options as many transparent side panel cabinets nowadays have only 2 3.5" hdd bays.
But design is very basic ..

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
I know but it is the only one within budget that has transparent side panel & 4 hdd bays.Otherwise there are many good looking options like these if willing to sacrifice 3.5" hdd bays.
COOLER MASTER MASTERBOX TD500L (ATX) Mid Tower Cabinet - With Transparent Side Panel
ANTEC DF500 RGB (ATX) Mid Tower Cabinet - With Tempered Glass Side Panel And RGB Fan Controller (Black)
NZXT SOURCE 340 (ATX) Mid Tower Cabinet - With Transparent Side Panel (Glossy Black)
COOLER MASTER MASTERBOX MB510L (ATX) Mid Tower Cabinet - With Transparent Side Panel
ANTEC DF500 (ATX) Mid Tower Cabinet - With Dark Tinted Transparent Side Panel (Black)
Also check specifications as many of these don't have any 5.25" bay(aka no dvd drive can be installed,have to use usb dvd drive).

OP
RageshAntony

RageshAntony

In the zone
I know but it is the only one within budget that has transparent side panel & 4 hdd bays.Otherwise there are many good looking options like these if willing to sacrifice 3.5" hdd bays.
COOLER MASTER MASTERBOX TD500L (ATX) Mid Tower Cabinet - With Transparent Side Panel
ANTEC DF500 RGB (ATX) Mid Tower Cabinet - With Tempered Glass Side Panel And RGB Fan Controller (Black)
NZXT SOURCE 340 (ATX) Mid Tower Cabinet - With Transparent Side Panel (Glossy Black)
COOLER MASTER MASTERBOX MB510L (ATX) Mid Tower Cabinet - With Transparent Side Panel
ANTEC DF500 (ATX) Mid Tower Cabinet - With Dark Tinted Transparent Side Panel (Black)
Also check specifications as many of these don't have any 5.25" bay(aka no dvd drive can be installed,have to use usb dvd drive).

ANTEC DF500 RGB (ATX) Mid Tower Cabinet - With Tempered Glass Side Panel And RGB Fan Controller (Black) is awesome .. It having 3 pre-installed fans.. Thanks .
What is the difference between fan and radiator in MASTERBOX TD500L ? *mdcomputers.in/image/catalog/cabinet/cooler%20master/td500l/td500l-decp-5.jpg

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Radiators are used with liquid/water cooling solutions.
*www.amazon.in/CoolerMaster-Liquid-...scsubtag=a68b778c-5da3-482e-8442-71e3218276d4
Check the radiator pic in above link.

OP
RageshAntony

RageshAntony

In the zone
Radiators are used with liquid/water cooling solutions.
*www.amazon.in/CoolerMaster-Liquid-...scsubtag=a68b778c-5da3-482e-8442-71e3218276d4
Check the radiator pic in above link.

The Antec DF500 RGB having bad reviews ..Antec DF500 RGB Review – nice RGB shame about the case | KitGuru

OP
RageshAntony

RageshAntony

In the zone
AMD based

upload_2018-8-11_16-19-2.png

+
CORSAIR TX550M
LG 24MP88HV

===========================================================================

Intel based ::

upload_2018-8-11_16-25-58.png

+
CORSAIR TX550M
LG 24MP88HV

===========================================================================

Is this config is good ?

Minion

Conversation Architect
ANTEC DF500 RGB (ATX) Mid Tower Cabinet - With Tempered Glass Side Panel And RGB Fan Controller (Black) is awesome .. It having 3 pre-installed fans.. Thanks .
What is the difference between fan and radiator in MASTERBOX TD500L ? *mdcomputers.in/image/catalog/cabinet/cooler%20master/td500l/td500l-decp-5.jpg

If you are getting this cabinet I suggest you to get AMD system the motherboard you selected will enable you to change those from leds according to your preference
Read This
B450 TOMAHAWK | Motherboard - The world leader in motherboard design | MSI Global

OP
RageshAntony

RageshAntony

In the zone
If you are getting this cabinet I suggest you to get AMD system the motherboard you selected will enable you to change those from leds according to your preference
Read This
B450 TOMAHAWK | Motherboard - The world leader in motherboard design | MSI Global
OK. But online review suggested to avoid df500 rgb

Nerevarine

Incarnate
+1 to Intel Rig and buy GPU after 1100x series launches. Its a terrible time to purchase a GPU now.
Use intel HD graphics, its plenty for a lot of stuff. Even for 2D gamedev (unity)

OP
RageshAntony

RageshAntony

In the zone
+1 to Intel Rig and buy GPU after 1100x series launches. Its a terrible time to purchase a GPU now.
Use intel HD graphics, its plenty for a lot of stuff. Even for 2D gamedev (unity)
Do I need third party cooler for Intel?
If yes suggest a good air cooler?

Nerevarine

Incarnate
You dont need a 3rd party cooler, for now use the stock intel cooler, and see if your use case requires higher cpu temps. Only then buy a separate cooler.
That intel cpu cant overclock, stock cooler should be sufficient.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Take a look here,guy was running i7 8700 & hitting 80-90C with stock cooler even when in a cold country(ambient room temps ~22C). I suggest getting a cabinet with at least 160-161mm max cpu cooler height so if in future need arise then you can at least install a good aftermarket cooler like hyper 212.
CPU cooler for the i7-8700 - [Solved] - Motherboards

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Take a look here,guy was running i7 8700 & hitting 80-90C with stock cooler even when in a cold country(ambient room temps ~22C). I suggest getting a cabinet with at least 160-161mm max cpu cooler height so if in future need arise then you can at least install a good aftermarket cooler like hyper 212.
CPU cooler for the i7-8700 - [Solved] - Motherboards

It is most likely due to improper seating of the CPU, every other guy (including the accepted answer) is saying the same thing in that thread.
Its best OP try stock cooler and then decide if it throttles.

How Much Better Are Aftermarket CPU Coolers Than Intel’s Stock Coolers?

EDIT : I realize the 8700 stock cooler isnt as good in dissipating heat as others beacuse of higher TDP :
The Stock Cooler Dilemma & Test Setup - Intel Core i7-8700 Review: Stock Cooler Falls Flat

Here's a more accurate review.

So go ahead and buy a 212EVO, should be good enough

Last edited:
Top Bottom