Suggest a MP3 player

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
Hey guys,

1.) I am looking for a MP3 player from Sony and my budget is Rs.4500 to Rs.5000 So please suggest me one. Im located in Mumbai. using the MP3 player as a pen drive is not a concern, but if it has an option like that then there is no problem. I jus need the MP3 player for hearing songs.

2.) Is there any difference between Sony IPOD and Sony MP3 player ??
Does Sony's showroom has the latest mp3 players?

I think the Flash based MP3 players are better as compared to Hard disk ones. Also, im in no mood to go for an Apple Ipod as there are known problems with its iTunes s/ware.

Cheers n e-peace....

ambandla

Sup' dude, Sup'
ashu888ashu888 said:
Hey guys,

1.) I am looking for a MP3 player from Sony and my budget is Rs.4500 to Rs.5000 So please suggest me one. Im located in Mumbai. using the MP3 player as a pen drive is not a concern, but if it has an option like that then there is no problem. I jus need the MP3 player for hearing songs.

go for transcend t-sonic 610 if your max budget is 5k.

2.) Is there any difference between Sony IPOD and Sony MP3 player ??
Does Sony's showroom has the latest mp3 players?

Sony ipod? ipod is trademark of apple's mp3/mp4 players. There is no product named Sony ipod. Sony's mp3 players might not fit in your budget. For sub 5k, the memory is 256mb or 512mb.

I think the Flash based MP3 players are better as compared to Hard disk ones. Also, im in no mood to go for an Apple Ipod as there are known problems with its iTunes s/ware.

mp3 players, harddrive based players: each have their own advantages and disadvantages.

I am using itunes 7.0.2 and it's very smooth. btw, Sony's music mgmt software that comes with it's mp3 players is worst of all.

You can get ipod shuffle for Rs.5k but I do not recommend it due to it's lack of display.

Hells_Fury

In the zone
Dude, there is no such thing as a Sony iPod. Apples mp3 players are called iPods and Sony mp3 players are called Network Walkmans. For your price range, I doubt you will get a decent capacity Sony player. You may get a 128/256 MB player. Check out the prices at any Sony World showroom. And even sony players have something like iTunes...its called the Sony Connect player.

CINTEL ENTRINO

Loading . . . please d'nt
heres sumthng i found in times of india....

if u can extend ur budget to 7000 .. see this ..

*epaper.timesofindia.com/Repository/getimage.dll?path=TOIH/2006/12/27/14/Img/Ad0140611.png

Last edited:

ambandla

Sup' dude, Sup'
For 7k-8k, either sansa sandisk e200r series or ipod nano are far far better than sony mp3 player

ipod nano 2gb : $149
ipod nano 4gb: $199
ipod nano 8gb: $249

e250r : 2GB : $140
e260r : 4GB : $180.

Sansa product is available in India and is priced similar to ipod nano's.

Flash based, has SD card slot for memory expansion, plays videos, comes with Real network's Rhapsody music mgmt software, voice recorder, fm, removable battery

FYI, this is the second best selling flash based mp3 player in the world having 18% market share, second to ipod nano that has 62% share.

K

krazyfrog

Go for Transcend T.Sonic 610 2gb for around 5k. Or go for the 1gb model for 3.5k and spend the rest on good quality headphones.

OP
ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
Hey thanx for ur replies guys....

I hv decided to up my budget to Rs.7000-Rs.8000, so any good MP3 players from reputed brands , suggest plz :)

Cheers n e-peace.,...

ambandla

Sup' dude, Sup'
@ashu888ashu888.For 8k budget, you have two major players:

1) ipod nano 2GB silver : Rs.8,300 in apple store.

Pros:

downright sexy.
extremely slim.Only 6.5 mm thin and 40 grams light,
great display
top notch music quality
Perfect support.
seamless integration with itunes.

Some people say that itunes consumes resources and is slow. Doesn't wmp11 consume high amount of resources. I am using itunes with ipod for couple of years. itunes 7 need 60-70MB of RAM which is tiny when compared to 1GB ram that I have. Itunes 6 is available too and it consumes very very low amount of resources.

audio formats: AAC (16 to 320 Kbps), Protected AAC (from iTunes Store), MP3 (16 to 320 Kbps), MP3 VBR, Audible (formats 2, 3 and 4), Apple Lossless, AIFF, and WAV

Holds up to 500 songs in 128-Kbps AAC format.

Has a sea of accessories.
2) Sansa® e250R Rhapsody 2GB MP3 Player

I don't know the price of this player but is't $139 in US, $10 less than ipod nano 2GB

Feature List:

* Sleek, thin design with large 1.8” TFT color screen for easy viewing
* Personalized music based on your favorite artists and listening history
* Features microSD® expansion slot for additional memory capacity
* Supports SanDisk TrustedFlash and Gruvi content cards
* Digital FM tuner, on-the-fly FM recording, and voice recording
* Strong alloy metal back casing provides excellent durability and scratch resistance
* Simple to use, backlit controls for fast device interface navigation
* User replaceable and rechargeable Lithium Ion battery for up to 20 hours of battery life
* Includes the Sansa Media Converter to support all picture and video formats

This player is regarded as the best competitor to ipod nano and hold no.2 spot in global flash based mp3 player sales. This can play videos, has memory slot and you can increase the capacity to 4GB max, has 20 hour battery life. Plays mp3, wma formats.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom